PDA

View Full Version : Win With 1 City ( Easy Guide )

pts100
07-03-2008, 12:09 PM
This is IMO the best,easiest and quickest way to get ..

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/420/s50.jpgPower Never Takes a Back Step 25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg Win with only one city on at least King difficulty.

Not sure how much off the below you need to do but i will list how I did it.

I must thank TheMystic as it was his Video to get the Great People that gave me the idea to try this.

Start on King
Scenario...........Beta Centauri
Civilization.......The Greeks
We are going for an Economic Victory

As you start the game...

Change to Monarchy.
Defend with your 1st Modern Infantry.
You will be attacked by Barbarians but they will be no match for your Infantry.
Put city on Production.
Build Temple then Cathedral.
Build Magna Carta.
Build all buildings which make more Gold.
Settle 1 of each Great Person in your City.
Use all the other Great People to complete Buildings.
Change City to Gold.
Build all buildings and Wonders.

Now just sit back and see what happens.
You will soon be getting huge gold everyturn ( I was getting just short of a 1000 at the end )
Within 10 mins you will have an Economic Win and you would not off fired a shot in anger.

You will be challenged by others but just give them what they want to keep the peace.

Near the end you may be attacked so if you wish you can build a few units ( leave it as long as you can ).

I built a few Battleships but they were never needed as I was only attacked by Two waves of Fighters, and my original Modern Infantry did for them.

Having tried ( 5 times ) to get this achievement using the other posted method, with no luck, I can confirm that this works everytime.

Give it a try and let me know.
Cheers PTS100

epicfailage guy
07-03-2008, 01:30 PM
This worked first time for me, Thanks!

Chud 360
07-03-2008, 01:52 PM
this is a good way to get a clutural and economic win on diety aswell

iskoot
07-05-2008, 04:48 PM
You could have posted this in the thread where TheMystic posted his video and where I asked if this could have been used for the achievement...but hey...no big deal. When I get this game on Tuesday, I'll be using this to see how well it works for the one city achievement and how it works for the diety achievements also. So thanks the input and your thanks will be given in the guide.

Asgorath
07-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Thanks! This worked like a charm, also on Deity.

On Deity I never changed to Monarchy to also get the achievement for not changing your goverment type and it was still an easy economic victory. So definatly worth not changing on King as well if your still missing that achievement like I was.

Edit: It's also an easy way on any difficulty to quickly finnish up winning with any civ you still missed (on Chieftain it took me less then an hour to finnish up the last civ's I was still missing - it is kinda boring however, no challance at all).

burnoutbabe
07-06-2008, 07:40 PM
thanks, worked like a dream, so got my first king win, first win 1 city, first no change govt at king AND 20 units kills (as the barbarians kept attacking)

will try it for deity tomorrow :D

Don Pedro X
07-06-2008, 09:01 PM
This worked like a treat, good stuff!!!!!

tmg100
07-08-2008, 10:35 AM
well done bushy nice guide! :)

reBeL
07-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Worked great. Splendid guide pts100, though I couldn't quite figure out how to get the cultural win using this.

Thumbs up still!

Ted de Braak
07-10-2008, 11:53 AM
When you play as Mongolian Civilization you can turn barbarian villages into a city of your own. However these city`s don`t count as a new city, for some odd reason. So I unlocked the win with one city achievement even though I had about 8 or 9 "barbarian" city`s.

plumbpist
07-12-2008, 06:05 AM
worked great, never even saw another civ...took about 15 minutes!

Le Smash
07-12-2008, 02:05 PM
The reason that the captured Barbarian cities don't count as new cities is because 99% of the time a captured barbarian city will be in a bad location to be any useful for the first 40 turns or so that it is in your possession and they build up like 10 times slower than a city you capture from another person or one you make on your own.

Classic Jackson
07-12-2008, 08:34 PM
This method works great, in the beginning I was behind by alot, but in the end you'll be victorious.

MartiniKiss
07-12-2008, 10:01 PM
this has helped a bunch! thanks :)

REDBEES
07-12-2008, 10:37 PM
this worked great for a Diety economic win also, thanks

G3neral D1sarray
07-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Thank You for these tips. I was able to win on Deity and came very close to a culure win aswel.

ShaunMichael80
07-13-2008, 02:48 AM
thank you this worked like a charm!

bsorensen2
07-13-2008, 02:01 PM
tried this lastnight for my first time playing, changed the setting to Diety, and won. got 263 Gamerscore from it. took about 20 minutes

happy days
07-16-2008, 10:10 AM
tried this lastnight for my first time playing, changed the setting to Diety, and won. got 263 Gamerscore from it. took about 20 minutes

Dam you 263gs I only got 240gs lol worked like a charm for me
great guide mate.