PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else think this is too easy?

acurate bob
07-05-2008, 07:31 PM
im comparing to Guitar Hero 3 here.

When using the guitar does anybody else think its much easier than Guitar Hero 3?

i mean iv almost done all expert in Rockband, and only around 10 on GH3, all songs on every other difficulty is done. except on for hard, "Green grass and high tides" i hate that solo near the end!

Mike255
07-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Yeah, its definitely easier.

I only picked the 2nd option cause I don't like your analogies.

Mr Arrow
07-05-2008, 08:12 PM
I'm not going to vote but here's my 2cents.

Guitar Hero 3 is, well, Guitar Hero.

Rock Band (w/dlc) is awesome fun, a true party game.

Of course GH3 is harder than Rock Band but I'll take Rock Band over GH anyday. :)

eli1277
07-05-2008, 09:59 PM
I think they are both very difficult for different reasons. The HOPO's both games different so it makes both games hard. I don't think either one is harder than the other.

XtremeX69
07-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Rock BAND
GUITAR Hero

Another thing you must factor in is, Guitar Hero is focusing the whole game on the guitar, thus giving it tastier licks. Rock Band is focused on giving the whole band a mildly challenging song. It spreads out the gnarly riffs between each instrument.

IceKingz
07-05-2008, 10:26 PM
^ Ya, with what the guitar lacks in Rockband, the Drums make up. They are very challenging and there are some mildly tricky songs on the guitar in Rockband.

UNDERWALLY
07-05-2008, 11:12 PM
It's a lot a lot easier, I five starred all songs on rock band on the first try, except run to the hills, green grass and some others, and on guitar hero I can barely five star 10-15 songs

Matrarch
07-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Guitar Hero is definitely harder, but that's not a knock against Rock Band. I'd rather the songs be possible to play than so hard as to be no fun. Beating GH3 on expert severed my want to play any of the more difficult songs because they were just frustrating. I'll still play harder songs on Rock Band because they're a nice challenge and... well, fun.

Illution
07-06-2008, 12:16 AM
Quit bein little bitches and stop whining about it being a totally different game. I'm sure he's not dissing it or saying "OMGZ GUITAR HERO PWNZ RB WHY DO PEOPLE PLAY THIS IT'S SOO MUCH BETTER IN geetAR!", he's just saying it's easier. I think the obvious anwser here is "yes".

Sorry about the bitches comment :)

K I just read the title t_t hahahaha ANYWAYS Ehh It is too easy after playing GH for a while but you gotta realize that if it was too hard nobody would wanna play guitar. But I get your point. They should make it a little harder other than just the last 2 or 3 songs. kinda like the way drums are..

WanderFreak
07-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Rock Band is fun. Guitar Hero is challenging. Like Xtreme said, Guitar hero is focused on one instrument, so naturally it should be more difficult. Rock Band on the other hand is easier and more geared towards the whole band thing. Be honest, if Rock Band was as hard as Guitar Hero 3, having friends over to play would be a son of a bitch. When I want to chill and have some fun, I play Rock Band. If I want to have a challenge, it's Guitar Hero.

So to answer your question, no, Rock Band isn't too easy, it's just a different kind of hard.

TheFallOfJordan
07-06-2008, 12:49 AM
I'm going to have to disagree with almost everyone in this thread.

Granted, the songs on Rock Band are way easier than GH 3...

But i found myself with higher score on GH3 than rock band.

I think it's the guitar difference. But we are talking 100k point swings on Reptilia on Expert!!!!

KFZ Scrubs
07-06-2008, 05:16 AM
Course its easier.... specially since they have those solo frets which don't require any strummin at all.

xCOBRAx
07-06-2008, 05:35 AM

I think it's the guitar difference. But we are talking 100k point swings on Reptilia on Expert!!!!

the reason for this is because notes in Rock Band are worth 25 points at 1x 50 at 2x 75 at 3x and 100 for 4x as opposed to being worth double that in GH3

IVIonday
07-06-2008, 05:41 AM

Uh, that's because notes in RB are worth half of what they are in GH, i.e. one note (without a multiplier) is worth 50 pts. in GH and only 25 pts. in RB.

Matrarch
07-06-2008, 06:26 AM
Keep in mind too that there are different note charts. The Reptilia chart in RB features more chords than the GH3 one. Also, good activations in RB can sometimes keep you in double points for a large portion of the song since it will keep reactivating. There are all sorts of reasons for the point swings. ^^

SebastianSB
07-06-2008, 06:30 AM
GH3 being harder is debatable to me...with the exceptions of Devil Went Down to Georgia and Through the Fire and Flames I don't really feel any more challenged playing GH3 than I do when playing RB or GH2. Yes, the note charts are much harder, sure, but the insane reaction window on HO and PO's seems to take a lot of the skill out of the game. Instead of having to pull off chains perfectly, you can just lazily drag your hand up and down the frets and hit every note. The note charts may be a bit easier in RB2, but you have to pay a lot more attention to your timing and coordination if you want to get a good score, especially during solos. Also, the solos in a lot of the downloadable songs are borderline insane. (Afterlife? wtf?)

Lucent Beam
07-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Expert guitar for sure is easier in RB than in GH3. I played through all of RB's expert guitar & the only song I ever failed was Green Grass & High Tides. I still can't beat GH2 on expert and I certainly am no where close to beating GH3 on expert.

workbench
07-06-2008, 02:36 PM
its easier, but its also better IMO. Gh3 is evil.

OldWIKI TIK
07-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Like it was said in a previous post, they are two completely different games. Rock Band is trying to cater to all skill levels where as GH3 went a bit to far.
Guitar Hero Aerosmith brought the difficulty down a bit and went back to the timing window that they had on Guitar Hero 2. I still did not like Aerosmith all that much, I did find it a lot more fun to play. That said, I do think it is easier on guitar, but with the addition of drums and vocals I think it balances out almost.

ILoveAztecChick
07-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Chill guys, the OP never said "OMG Rock Band is so easy it's for n00bz!!!" He's just stating a fact (or opinion, lol? judging from the poll results). The note charts for GH3 are more difficult. Although I have to say that the HO/PO system in Rock Band makes it much harder to nail the solos consistently.

chuyo
07-12-2008, 08:40 PM

GH3 and Rock Band have different amount of notes so you get higher scores on guitar hero because there are lots of notes

D3adcell86
07-13-2008, 12:26 AM
I think it's only harder because GH3 is more 'spammy' with its note charts. Rockband is more difficult in hitting all the hammer ons, as the timing is more precise and GH3 is very lenient. I can pass every song on GH3 on expert (with the exception of TTFAF) and with RB's download content there are some songs I can't pass on guitar (ride the lightning) and then others that are so tough i can't survive without star power.

Th3 Apache Dog
07-13-2008, 12:28 AM
yes...it's much easier. I 5*'ed every song first try except TKaR, and G&HT. Those took two tries:p

OldWIKI TIK
07-13-2008, 04:31 AM
yes...it's much easier. I 5*'ed every song first try except TKaR, and G&HT. Those took two tries:p

Ya well, not all of us have gotten 750k on TTFaF or 5*'s on Jordan. :p

antnie
07-13-2008, 04:33 AM
I found it a lot easier, I just have a problem with Green Grass and High Tides on Expert. I get 93-95% every time.

Th3 Apache Dog
07-13-2008, 05:06 AM
Ya well, not all of us have gotten 750k on TTFaF or 5*'s on Jordan. :p lol I knew someone would say something like that:pbut be honest, did you really have a problem before you got to GG&HT?lol:p

LetsGoBlueCrabs
07-16-2008, 08:17 PM
GH is by far harder than rockband. I think rockband is alot more fun cause u get to do mort than just play guitar. Also alot more DLC songs