PDA

View Full Version : Easy Technological win Deity/King level

Asgorath
07-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet but due to the guides here to for example get a quick economic victory at Deity level I started to experiment a bit if there was a way to get a quick and easy Tech victory (as I still needed those achievements for Deity & King). It seems fairly easy.

Choose the lighting scenario (this requires you to just get into the modernage to win on tech - no space ships!). I picked the Aztec's because they get +3 science for every temple. Giving them a small edge.

You start of with 3 cities with 1 archer in each and the race is exceptionally quick (lighting is not just a clever name, you'll be done in about 10-15 minutes I'm guessing).

Put all your cities on production and start with building a library, followed by a temple. Don't even bother building units, settlers, etc. Pick the quickest science you can research every time until you see democracy in the list (if you have a choice between multiple just as short, pick the ones that will make democracy pop up the quickest). Switch to Democracy the second you can and then continue on just picking the quickest to research tech.

Once you have build a library and a temple set all your cities to Tech production. Don't bother with wonders. I myself gave them some defense after, but other buildings for city growth are also ok if your relatively save from other nations. Ofc. if you get the ability to build a university build those too. (but don't pick tech which takes longer to research just to get to university. The game should be over by that time, with you either the winner or about to lose).

Whenever you come into contact with another nation always give them what they want. Prevent wars at all cost (you only have 3 defence archers in 3 cities after all - perhaps 4 if you got a settler for free from your economy).

Once your cities have the 2 building providing tech, democracy and are all set to tech it's probably just a waiting game. Trying to stay alive by avoiding wars.

All in all I was attacked once, but by that time had a pikemen army that could hold off my angry neigbour for the few more turns I needed. The money for an extra settlers / extra town came from caravans other nations send into my capital (so starting next to others isn't even that bad).

reBeL
07-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Asgorath, my man! This method worked like a charm and actually unlocked no less than 4 (four) achievements here. Wow! Thanks.

You have any similar strategy on how to get the cultural win on diety/king as well?

Asgorath
07-09-2008, 08:05 PM
NP. glad to hear it helped :D

I adapted the 1 city win scenario (click (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79797)) for the cultural win. Basically I followed the 1 city guidelines, but didn't focus on money and kept focusing on growth and building. Eventually you will (esp. on deity) be found. By that time your army buildup will be huge however. Enough to withstand any attack (I never actually ever lost my original modern infantry (then upgraded to an army) - due to the constant barbarian attack's that army is so upgraded it becomes pretty much immortal). Back your defence up by a bomber wing perhaps and a missle launcher army that strike at approaching targets. And ofc. have a battleship fleet lying around to always give support to your defenders.

Your city is pretty much in godmode by this time. It's mass producing, max population, cultural heaven. Start to mass pump out armies. Supported by bomber and fighter wings and battleship fleets. Just load a massive army into the fleet. unload at city and capture one city after another. Generally capturing a city will soon cause other nearby enemy cities to succum to your massive culture. These new cities should cause more culture (defend them lighty and again focus them on culture). Because beta centauri gives you few wonders this should hopefully push your great persons you get through the roof and give you a cultural win.

For me it was exceptionally close. I actually had a domination win by the time ending and had to rewind to an old save game of 10 turns before. I had the culure but didn't have the time left to build the wonder, even with my godlike city. Switch from monarchy to communism if your short on build time. For me that gave me the needed united nations wonder just intime before the game ended in terms of turns.

SPARTIKU5
07-09-2008, 10:50 PM
I've tried this method a few times i'm always 1 or 2 techs away at the end :( also i seem to get attacked alot i guess its just luck if your opponents are invading or not :D

teej
07-10-2008, 06:08 AM
This worked pretty well for me. It took me 3 times but I finally got it.

eXtreme 1138
07-10-2008, 07:35 PM
The Culture and domination strategy worked like a treat for me, but i can't for the life of me get that tech win. :(

Waylander73
07-10-2008, 07:51 PM
The Culture and domination strategy worked like a treat for me, but i can't for the life of me get that tech win. :(

If you have a save just prior to the end of the Domination victory then you should be able to go back to it and not finish them off. Then just keep researching/ building away making the appropriate changes to your goverment.

birdshake
07-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Im having tons of problems with this. :(
I usually lose a city within the first 3 turns even though I told them at the beginning I want peace then I will be evenly matched with them but then they ask for me to share technology for a few turns of peace so I do then they end up in the lead.

This game is so frustrating sometimes. lol

Asgorath
07-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Im having tons of problems with this. :(
I usually lose a city within the first 3 turns even though I told them at the beginning I want peace then I will be evenly matched with them but then they ask for me to share technology for a few turns of peace so I do then they end up in the lead.

This game is so frustrating sometimes. lol

I always gave them what they want, even tech. The main thing to staying ahead I noticed is picking the quickest to research tech, and achieving democracy asap aswell (perhaps starting with the greeks in that sense may also help). I was able to buy peace for pretty much the entire game this way, yet stay ahead in tech (if just barely). Only at the end one nation attacked me, but by that time I had my tech buildings done and had 1 army ready to repel.

The placing does need to be a bit lucky, being found within 3 turns, attacked and losing a city sounds like exceptional bad luck (given your defence at that time should be strong enough to repel a simply non-army attack).

birdshake
07-10-2008, 09:44 PM
I always gave them what they want, even tech. The main thing to staying ahead I noticed is picking the quickest to research tech, and achieving democracy asap aswell (perhaps starting with the greeks in that sense may also help). I was able to buy peace for pretty much the entire game this way, yet stay ahead in tech (if just barely). Only at the end one nation attacked me, but by that time I had my tech buildings done and had 1 army ready to repel.

The placing does need to be a bit lucky, being found within 3 turns, attacked and losing a city sounds like exceptional bad luck (given your defence at that time should be strong enough to repel a simply non-army attack).

Yeah, I think I may of accidentally moved the soldiers off the town.
I will give it a shot again later using the greeks perhaps that may work better.

Thanks for the reply

reBeL
07-10-2008, 10:03 PM
NP. glad to hear it helped :D

I adapted the 1 city win scenario (click (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79797)) for the cultural win. Basically I followed the 1 city guidelines, but didn't focus on money and kept focusing on growth and building. Eventually you will (esp. on deity) be found. By that time your army buildup will be huge however. Enough to withstand any attack (I never actually ever lost my original modern infantry (then upgraded to an army) - due to the constant barbarian attack's that army is so upgraded it becomes pretty much immortal). Back your defence up by a bomber wing perhaps and a missle launcher army that strike at approaching targets. And ofc. have a battleship fleet lying around to always give support to your defenders.

Your city is pretty much in godmode by this time. It's mass producing, max population, cultural heaven. Start to mass pump out armies. Supported by bomber and fighter wings and battleship fleets. Just load a massive army into the fleet. unload at city and capture one city after another. Generally capturing a city will soon cause other nearby enemy cities to succum to your massive culture. These new cities should cause more culture (defend them lighty and again focus them on culture). Because beta centauri gives you few wonders this should hopefully push your great persons you get through the roof and give you a cultural win.

For me it was exceptionally close. I actually had a domination win by the time ending and had to rewind to an old save game of 10 turns before. I had the culure but didn't have the time left to build the wonder, even with my godlike city. Switch from monarchy to communism if your short on build time. For me that gave me the needed united nations wonder just intime before the game ended in terms of turns.

Well, I did what you said but it seemed one city was not enough so I built a couple additional ones. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. First I switch to monarchy, then I build temple, cathedral and that manga-wonder which boosts your culture. Still no luck. It's like that culture bar gets stuck or something lol. Also, by the time I load armies into the fleet my opponents defence is way too strong already. Invading is pretty much out of the question. However, making cities join isn't too difficult. Luckily.

But... instead of a culture win I managed to unlock the Vi Victa Vis-achievement (domination win, 30 G) so apparently I'm doing something right after all, thanks to you of course. Gonna try again tomorrow, not giving up yet.

Ps. As a bonus I also unlocked the Here's Looking At You, Kid-achievement, I know those GP's are random but still.

seller50
07-10-2008, 10:26 PM
nice tip going to try tomorrow:goodpost

also for easy culture or economic victory try my other mini guide at:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=80818

tarekegypt
07-10-2008, 10:35 PM
EXCELLENT Strategy! Worked!

SPARTIKU5
07-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Yep got this to work last night only differance was one of my cities was literally one move from bejing so i took that with my very first move then just defended and it worked perfectly i won by a huge margin :)

Psil0X
07-11-2008, 10:40 AM
This was great! First try! Took me about 10 min or so, the 3 first great persons i got added 50% to science so i just spread em to each of my cities.

Also got the "Power never takes a back step" achivement even if i had 3 cities ^_^

Thx

birdshake
07-11-2008, 02:42 PM
After some tries I was able to get it. :)

Thanks!

Sleezy M F E
07-15-2008, 05:16 AM
Took me three tries as well, but this method is solid.

brentkid
07-15-2008, 07:36 PM
I got wrecked three times trying this.

I'm about to try again.

Tieg
07-16-2008, 04:57 AM
I got King and Diety first time up using this strategy....outstanding. Maybe got lucky both times with placement...but following what he says worked great.

Cultural...doing the one city deal until I have great peeps that can't be settled (I noticed you don't get credit for the great ones unless you settle them.) I had to expand to 4 cities in the end to be able to settle them. Also helped to have the french right next to me...I kept sending spies over to steal his great people lol. Got King done...working on diety tomorrow.

oEliteSniper X
07-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Hason't worked for me at all, tried about 6 times and I'm usually behind and can never catch up. I'm not really sure what you mean when you say put all your workers on Tech production, I don't see that option. Of course twice the game put me on an island so I was kind of screwed from the start. I went out to explore once and two nations found me and took over my cities.

plumbpist
07-17-2008, 07:17 PM
^ Tech is Science...

graf1k
07-17-2008, 08:47 PM
I did basically the same thing except I used the Greeks because they have the knowledge of Democracy off the bat so after the first turn, I switch to Democracy. I generally got lucky that I didn't get attacked very much. I'm not sure if that's because I put my cities on full science (i.e. little or no growth or production) but the few times I was attacked, it was barbarians and I was abled to fend them off easily.

Also something to keep in mind is to try to make contact with as many other civilizations as possible. I usually had 2-3 make contact with me each game, but you may have to send one small unit out if they don't. That way, I was able to sell my tech to civilizations that had little or no technology and buy tech from civilizations that had almost as much tech as me or sometimes more to bridge the gap. It took me I think 3 tries to make it work.

oEliteSniper X
07-18-2008, 07:08 PM
^ Tech is Science...

ok, thanks. I tried it and it worked but not with the Aztec's, I used the Greeks and switched to a Democracy right away. I asked other Civilizations if they had any tech but all said they had proud yet ignorant people so I was S.O.L. I got the victory and quite a few achievements. Strategy does work.

chefs knife
07-20-2008, 03:02 AM
I still cant figure out how the enemy gains like 5 technologies in 3 turns.

Raven1709
07-20-2008, 02:39 PM
I had some troubles with the Aztecs but then switched to Greeks and won it the first time. So I would see Greeks would be better (democraty in the beginning of the game)

Colossus033
07-20-2008, 06:31 PM
thanks
great post!!!

graf1k
07-22-2008, 10:27 PM

Completely doable if you have lots of science. You could research 3 techs that take 1 turn each and buy 2 additional techs off other civilizations.

STBadly
07-23-2008, 02:41 AM

Yep, same thing happened to me. Very aggravating! I was well ahead and needed 2 techs to win, and the Egyptians (who were last) somehow managed to get 6 techs in one turn and I lost! :mad: I know they didn't trade for them, because I was in contact with 3 of the civ's and they didn't know who Egypt was. This game can really piss me off sometimes. I don't mind being beat legit, but there was obvious shenanigans going on there.

Zaxex
07-23-2008, 05:36 PM
I've been trying to get this achievemnt following the guide on the Civ page, and failing every time for the last hour or two. Will try this method :P. It's really frustrating being in a favourable position to win and suddenly have everyoen declare war on you or amass technology ridiculously quickly :P.

Thanks a lot for another take on my last Civ:rev ach.

Edit: Still took me quite a few tries but i succeeded soon after i added the idea of giving any civ what they want for peace, even when you have to seek them out and make them offers, and using near every since peice of gold to buy tech from other civs.

Method totally helped, i'd recommend it for sure. :)

MartiniKiss
07-23-2008, 10:50 PM
the other civilizations are just mad because they only have sticks and stones and you have missles so thats why they attack :)

A Satyr
07-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Cool find .......

cerafino
07-25-2008, 08:06 AM
Also got the "Power never takes a back step" achivement even if i had 3 cities ^_^

jep, the "power never steps back" achievement requires just that you build no *new* city. :)

cerafino
07-25-2008, 08:20 AM
But... instead of a culture win I managed to unlock the Vi Victa Vis-achievement (domination win, 30 G) so apparently I'm doing something right after all, thanks to you of course. Gonna try again tomorrow, not giving up yet.

dude, this is king difficulty. ;)
for "such joy ambition finds" just invade the capitals. don't bother about the other towns, they will convert because of your culture (it helps to build hollywood). capitals on deity are heavily defended. uses naval support with a battleship fleet and at least two artillery armies and 8-10 tank armies. (a general also helps ;-))

Malembe
07-28-2008, 03:42 PM
nice one m8 but what I did do also is get a schip as soon as possible to search for the artifacts that is what helped me allot.

GrUnTxSKaTeR
08-24-2008, 02:21 AM
I had my doubts with this method, especially with giving the other civilizations your technologies, but it worked first try, thanks for the method.

Def2fyn
08-24-2008, 12:49 PM
I cant do this for crap i try over 10 times now and i just can't...:mad:

J.Waddo
08-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks for posting this method, got the achievement on the 3rd time I tried it :woop:

Take2TheSkies
08-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Been trying tis technique for ages and still no luck... I always seem to have about 2/3 left but get beaten at the end by the frecking Chinese!! >=(

OhWhen
08-26-2008, 09:36 PM
I swear the Japanese are impossible to beat. Oh well. 5th time lucky I suppose.

RustyValtrex
09-02-2008, 09:52 AM
I was about to lose my mind over this one. I was always one behind some other country. The Greeks made it a lot easier for me to get it. The building temples took up too much time. I would advise to just got straight for Greek democracy. Thanks for the post

FoxRacing1234
09-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks! I finally got it on my fourth try. I had to buy some tech from some other civilizations but that got me the win!

Bulletmagnet74
09-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Worked for me, great strat!!

If it's not working for you, don't give up and just get trying. It took 4 or 5 tries before I got it.

When you first start, make sure that all of your cities are near water - the more water tiles, the better the science output in the city. If any of your towns are not near water, just quit and start again.

Good luck!

Crooklyn Banks
09-10-2008, 11:09 PM
I tried so hard to do it with the Aztec's but the game made it so hard, but I tried it with the Greeks once, and I did it.

Red Rowdy 360
09-17-2008, 07:45 PM
I played today 2 hours and when I was about to launch SS Habitation everyone on the map declared me war no matter what and killed me, destroyed me.

I didn't get any ach, and I'm busted, pissed off!!

Pariah21
09-21-2008, 09:29 AM
woohoo thank god this worked! got it on my second try. lost the first go at it by one turn, but had saved it about 5 turns before this. reloaded that one and did the same thing i did previously and won. guess the computer either didn't buy a tech off someone or tried to learn a longer one. either way this worked great for me and only took about 10 minutes total :) time to try your methods for the other achieves on diety.
thank you again.

monkeyhair
09-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Man this worked a treat for me, got it first time, do you reckon we can get a domination victory on this method?

Northern Light
09-26-2008, 12:34 AM
I just tried to get a Economic victory with the Aztecs. Put off building the bank for a while and then somehow the Indians took over. :( And I mean that smiley. Losing that game totally put me off...

Well most of your posts have encouraged me to try this again. I tried to seclude myself and just focus on Techs. It seemed to work for a small bit but every time I checked who was winning some civilization was at least 3 - 5 techs. ahead. I'll try making contact this time though. I'm deeply hoping this works.

EDIT: I followed the method, using the Greeks and making sure to stay in contact with every civilization that had discovered me. I bought and sold techs and just barely got it. I bought gunpowder from Egypt putting me at 23 to her 24. Then I got a famous person who, thankfully, was a scientist. I put University to rest and the game ended. I wasn't sure how it would end up but it was probably luck. The great thing about it was that I finished it in about 25 to 35 minutes. I lost on my first try but reloaded making sure to make more gold to buy more techs. I made a fourth city with the Settlers mainly for gold and defense. Phew. Thanks mate, this was a life saver. I'm just really glad it's over with.

Red Rowdy 360
10-07-2008, 04:26 PM
I love you man, I love you.

I've tried 20 times and everytime I lost.

Now I did it in 20 minutes.

Strident
10-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks... it took quite a while and a bit of tweaking but I've just managed to get the achievement.

Frijolie
10-13-2008, 09:55 PM
I don't know about you, but I must be unlucky or something. I've been trying this at least 30x and always loose by 1 or 2 techs. I've tried both the Greeks and Aztechs. I guess I just can't catch a break. I rarely get offered to pay off the enemy and I always get Special People that relate to science. I'm usually stuck between two cities and they're attacking from the get go. I guess just keep trying?

** Edit ** The unspeakable just happened! After 35x I finally got it. I just got lucky. I chose the Greeks and wasn't attacked at all on Diety. I don't know how it happened that way but I'm not complaining. I paid off the enemy a few times (with money, not techs) and was able to get a few good Great Persons that helped me immediately complete the current technology. Now I'm on to the more difficult one of them all, winning by 1100 AD.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
10-17-2008, 02:38 PM
I found this strategy works alot better for the Chinese or someone who already have a technology under their belt which gains a trade of information or a head start.

Using the Chinese I was able to keep on building and use production rather then changing to science. Also takes around 10 mins max lol.

justinl
11-04-2008, 07:36 PM
great strat for tech on deity tc, worked very first time, i got lucky by getting 2 great scientists, but still a sound strategy

S IIVII O K 3 Y
11-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks.. this worked great...

ThChronicSmoker
11-27-2008, 10:26 AM
Just got it on King, 5*'s from me! It is so EASY using this method :)

The map made a big difference but only took me two tries?! :)

EDIT: GOT THE DEITY ACHIEVEMENT TOO!!!

TIP: study irrigation, then literacy, then democracy when it is at the lowest turns needed. this literally turned my game in my favour!

Thanks to the OP. I have tried all the other guides and failed. this took me 3 tries; 1st a fail, 2nd for king, 3rd for deity :) woooooo

b0ng0fr33
12-20-2008, 04:56 PM
HAH sweet it worked like a charm the first time, Thanks! :woop:

martnic
12-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Got it first time, so many thanks.

Was close a couple of times but building the Great Libary helped a lot in winning.
Took less than five minutes so Lighting scenario is very aptly named.

Cheers again.

MrValensi
12-23-2008, 10:38 PM
So frustrating.

Am i missing something here?

Start the game, Manage workers to production, Build a library and a temple for each city, Whilst researching smallest turn techs

Once both library and temple produced, Manage workers to Science, Again smallest turn techs. Until Democ is visible unless your the greeks and you should win?

Im 4-5 off at the end of this it seems building temples and librarys take about 35 turns in total

TheGoalslammer
01-12-2009, 05:15 PM
I've been having the same trouble. I had one match start where I was plastered against the Russians and started with warriors in each city, not archers. I was decimated. I am sure that it can work, but I'm going to use my last save for domination win and get the tech deity win there. I outnumber the only remaining civilization 4 cities to 1 so it shouldn't be too hard.

mig0
01-26-2009, 07:54 AM
Having a lot of difficulty with this on Deity level. The best that I do (Starting with the Aztecs) is I get to 20/24, but then every new tech takes 4 turns. I might be ahead by 1 tech but someone manages to get 2-3 techs in the time it takes me to get just one, and it doesnt matter which game Im playing... either the Arabs or Mongols get it first. Caravans are non existant and the only tech I manage to get first is Monarchy.

Also, even picking the Aztecs, some games I don't have ceremonial burial (which means no temple).

(edit) It took a little bit of luck but I finally got these achievements. Biggest problem I had was with 2-3 techs to go, saving a 4 turn tech for last, Cleopatra was always able to sneak in and wrest victory from me. At 1 point I acquired Karl Marx who either boosts culture or allows you to convert a foreign city. I opted to convert a foreign city but initially, it picked a town that was in the middle of the RUssians and after ~6 turns it flipped back. Going back to my save point, it also prompted me for Memphis (egyptian) and that gave me enough of a boost for Science (I had every city focused on science, and getting a Temple built in Memphis helped as well).

If you can, trade techs for cash, then try to by techs but be careful. Dont bother too much with whoever is leading; you'll usually see someone lag behind in the techs. In my game, Bismark & Catherine were 4-5 techs behind everyone (and beligerant about it too). Placate them and if you can trade with them, try to trade 3+ turn techs if you can. You dont want to be stuck on tech #22 with a 4 turn tech, only for someone to swoop in and get 23 & 24 while you were busy getting #23

CDR Trikki
01-29-2009, 11:49 AM
remember that somewhere in the open sea lies atlantis which is good 4 gettin 3 techs as far as i know

sHiZo1000
02-28-2009, 08:36 AM
Great Guide! Thanks!
Tried it with the Aztecs and it worked perfecly. I never gave away anything to others and could stand the attacks.. but i was lucky with the position as well., just one opponent attacked me occasionally.
Around 2000 future tech was discovered, so I switched the three cities from tech to prod/gold and started up building the spaceship, bought most of the parts and won the game easily.

Caleel
03-01-2009, 06:29 AM
I finnally did this method after 5 tries I beat it with the Greeks

Obey
03-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Awesome guide, this tactic totally worked like a charm. Got it on the second try... the first was my mistake because i accidently picked Zulu instead of Aztecs.. lol! I even got luckier by getting a great scientist near the end.

MkMaster13
04-06-2009, 04:15 AM
thanks!!!
it took a couple trys...but it helped!

sxygamergirl
04-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Thank you so much. This really helped! =)

Moosbert
05-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Thanks a lot! Worked on first try! After 20+ unsuccessful tries with the strategy from the guide.

zimzvm
05-09-2009, 07:57 AM
actually this works like charm.
I used it with much success.

macoz
05-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Took a few tries (about 7), but i finally made it using the greeks. So thanks alot! Now I can enjoy my full score! :D

LeEt LoOtEr
07-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Thought democracy was supposed to pop up when you start the lightening round with the greeks? Not showing up until i discover it... :-( Going on the 8th try now...any suggestions? Ive tried it with both the aztecs and greeks.

ellerkermike
07-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Very good guide and I got three achievement for it.

Bloodrune
07-20-2009, 05:49 AM
I can't get it to work. When you say research tech wtf does that mean? Set my reserarch to science or production? This game fucking sucks on diety. cheap ass ai.

Dragon83uk
09-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Cheers for this guide got it on the second try with Greeks it was really close at the end the closest civ was only two techs away from beating me, also got my power steps back cheev as I finished, thanx again!

StealYourFaaace
09-25-2009, 04:52 PM
worked great with the greeks...not sure if it has been pointed out but you should make sure you start near plenty of water so you can jack up your science...if you dont have access to at least 3 water squares with each city you should just quit and try again

kearneyweard
10-03-2009, 10:25 PM
This strategy would just NOT work for me. I'm sure it has been a sound strategy for other folks unfortunately, I wasn't one of them.

I finally got this achievement by choosing the Greeks in the Lighting Round Scenario, changing government to Democracy, building temples and libraries and then having my biggest city build the Great Library wonder. This wonder helps discover all other nations' technologies. While it was building I had my other cities build defense units and ship them out to the big city (leaving at least one army at the smaller cities) because once you start working on the wonder, other nations attack you mercilessly. After building the wonder I just changed all the cities to science (ceasing production completely in a couple cities) and got the achievement.

*EDIT: All of my cities were near a lot of water and I had a courthouse in my Medium city*

Just thought I'd share my strategy incase others were encountering the same problem as I was.

Thought democracy was supposed to pop up when you start the lightening round with the greeks? Not showing up until i discover it... :-( Going on the 8th try now...any suggestions? Ive tried it with both the aztecs and greeks.

When you first start the lightning round with the Greeks, Democracy won't be available. Press "B" to end the first turn and then switch to Democracy. I don't know why and I know it's weird, but Democracy doesn't show up until after your first turn.

-KW

Yid1984
10-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Worked great. Took a few attemptsdue to bad starting placement but got it in the end. Thanks for the guide.

UkBull3t
12-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Oh My! this worked like a charm.

i was reading a guide before where it says dont give out your technology but on this guide it says to give it out, i did that and i won by 2 from the japs.

CryptikZen
04-12-2010, 03:40 AM
Ah, this gave me much better info than the guide. Thanks. Worked my second try!

Now if only there wasn't so much BS out there about the great people, heh.

DrowningInMagots
05-13-2010, 05:47 PM
this method worked great! won on my first try, no problem.

tinboy75
05-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Took me 4 tries but then I got lucky with lots of water near the cities. I used my settler to start a new city and immediately bought a library and then towards the end I got a great person and converted one the other nations citys. Never got attacked.

Tango T
05-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Thanks, I'll give this a go at some point

missiloon
06-10-2010, 01:04 PM
this strategy worked on my second try... only the weird thing was in the statics the american had 24/24 tech... so i was unhappy already, but after the statics closed i won... But i'm happy this was my last achievement!

KillTheft Gator
06-11-2010, 02:57 AM
this strategy worked on my second try... only the weird thing was in the statics the american had 24/24 tech... so i was unhappy already, but after the statics closed i won... But i'm happy this was my last achievement!

Congratulations. You didn't get this before all the great people?

KiD EnVy
06-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Yep, same thing happened to me. Very aggravating! I was well ahead and needed 2 techs to win, and the Egyptians (who were last) somehow managed to get 6 techs in one turn and I lost! :mad: I know they didn't trade for them, because I was in contact with 3 of the civ's and they didn't know who Egypt was. This game can really piss me off sometimes. I don't mind being beat legit, but there was obvious shenanigans going on there.

I had the same damn problem but with the Chinese. Every game i have been ahead by about 3-4 techs and lose when i reach 22 techs. I even tried both the aztecs and the greeks:mad:

CanuckLefty
09-05-2010, 03:21 AM
This worked like a charm for me as well, with with a few variables:

* I went temple, then library, not library/temple. Once each city had both of these built, I saved.
* I built a galleon to look for Atlantis in the hopes of streamlining things. I wasn't able to find it, but I did unlock both Tech achieves (King and Deity) even without.
* There is undoubtedly luck involved - I was threatened a few times but never attacked.
* My 24th tech was with the aid of a GP, who just so happened to be in the field of science. I won by a score of 24-23. See above to reiterate the good luck.

Many thanks to the TC.

bluphraust
09-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Much better than the Ach. guide.
Thanks for the charm.
I also used this to get the cultural victory as well as domination and economic!

Shotgun Diplomacy
09-30-2010, 11:49 PM
I did basically the same thing except I used the Greeks because they have the knowledge of Democracy off the bat so after the first turn, I switch to Democracy. I generally got lucky that I didn't get attacked very much. I'm not sure if that's because I put my cities on full science (i.e. little or no growth or production) but the few times I was attacked, it was barbarians and I was abled to fend them off easily.

Also something to keep in mind is to try to make contact with as many other civilizations as possible. I usually had 2-3 make contact with me each game, but you may have to send one small unit out if they don't. That way, I was able to sell my tech to civilizations that had little or no technology and buy tech from civilizations that had almost as much tech as me or sometimes more to bridge the gap. It took me I think 3 tries to make it work.

Same thing worked for me... with the Greeks... The Aztec strategy didn't work for me... but the Greeks did :)

DonkeyBong71
10-17-2010, 12:53 AM
2nd time with the greeks for me, after failing about 5 times with the aztecs. i do think you have to fall lucky with the water though.

ICEMAN TNK
11-13-2010, 07:51 PM
took about 5 or 6 tries, it worked for me, thanx

Banana of Doom
11-15-2010, 01:18 AM
I got lucky with mine. Got a free boat, found Atlantis, and got a great scientist right at the end when the techs took the longest to research.

X Ech0 Side x
11-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Great guide did it one my 4th try.

xxxANTNEExxx
11-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Awesome little guide, followed to the T and won on my 1st try. Thanks.

Edit: Made a couple of saves on way to Tech victory, loaded up older save and with this same set up I got Cultural and Economic victories.

todgill12
01-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the guide worked perfectly. I thought the French were gonna pull it out but I came through in the end. Now all I need is the domination victory.

Augustus84
01-20-2011, 04:36 AM
1st try: Game ended and I had 15 technologies researched, I wasn't even close. Everytime I switch to "technology/science" for production nothing gets built.

Augustus84
01-20-2011, 04:49 AM
2nd try: Won, easily! Made sure I started out with my 3 cities surrounded by water and I even added a 4th that was surrounded by water. Followed this guide to the T and won with no problems!

girlinabelljar
01-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Thank you. It worked like a charm after struggling for quite a while.
For anyone with issues (this took me a while) - just make sure you have a ton of water surrounding your cities and then follow this guide. I won with my big city using 5 water spaces, medium using 3/4 and smallest using 2. (And it was still really close match.)

Greeks > Aztecs

PG_MaxPayne
01-25-2011, 09:10 PM
I hate this stupid Deity difficulty technology win achievement! Every time I get up to 22 technologies, some guy that had 20 the round before magically researches 4 in one turn to win. It is so bs!

Edit: So the next round I had 3 cities next to the water and got a lot of science production and then was blessed with 3 science great people which I used to research a new tech (that was longer than 3 turns) right after I finished one so I could get a boost. Achievement FINALLY unlocked!

Strider16
04-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Just did this method and it worked. Got the achievements.

Thanks.

Baylor05
04-28-2011, 06:45 PM
I used the Japanese. Had five science plots for one city, four for my second, and three for my third. I took me a couple of tries, but I was able to get the achievement. First time I tried it the Spanish found the lost city of Atlantis, which cost me the game. But, the second game they didn't and I was able to win. The scary part was when my defending army was defeated by an English calvary. If I didn't win the game on the next turn, my city would have been taken over. But I did and netted 75 GS and two more achievements.

khardiss
06-28-2011, 04:52 PM
FINALLY got this! Strat guide didn't work for me. Tried it as Aztecs or Greeks a good 30-40 times. Closest I ever came was within 1 tech from winning as the Greeks. Read somewhere else to try as the Americans (they get a Great Person at the beginning, restart until you get a Great Builder and use it to instantly build the Great Library (when available) to get all the techs the other nations get). I tried that about 20 times but could never get the Great Builder. Read somewhere else to use the Japanese. First try, two of my three cities were withing 2 squares of other nation's capitals. Doh! Exited, started a new game and won. One of the other nations even got the Lost City of Atlantis and I still beat them (only by about one turn though). I recommend anyone having a hard time with this to try using the Japanese. (You need to be by water to get the science anyways, but the Japanese can also get food from the water so their population grows faster than the other nations. More people = more production/science.)

DarkReign2021
06-30-2011, 03:08 AM
Finally got it with the Aztecs after the 6th try. I tried things a little differently each time through. My first time through, I made a point of avoiding as many civilizations as possible so they couldn't demand tech from me, but it ended up allowing the Chinese to surpass me both times in tech. On my next couple of tries, I actually tried to find all of the civilizations as quickly as possible so I could start buying tech from them, but they spent too much time demanding tech from my in exchange for peace. I would accept if they weren't in 1st place, but whichever nation was the tech leader I refused by either offering something lesser or nothing at all. Whatever it took to not give tech, but I was slaughtered by war nonetheless. I ended up just hunting down a couple nations on my final try and bought from them, but kept them happy long enough for it to not matter if they went to war with me. By time everybody was trying to kill me, I only had 1 turn left (though oddly it told me Chinese were in first place with 26/24 tech and I only had 23/23 (the final one would've completed that next turn) and I still got the achievements for beating it.

Potshot506
08-05-2014, 01:00 PM
6 years late but thanks Asgorath