PDA

View Full Version : Whats the easyest way for a Tech Victory And Money Victory?

True I Skill
07-06-2008, 08:31 PM
I just tried for a Tech victory, But there was too Much tech, To find out about and then it got to year 2100 and the game ended

Also i made 20000Gold While trying for the tech win, But the world Bank took to many turns and all i had left was 5 more turns, So is there any easy way for the money win also?

I can only win on domination victories, I dont bother with the great people victories, I just always build up with armys of LOADS of my people, in the end when it comes to my turn, i just have to tap X or B for it to get through every1, That just me? Or there other people that cant stop filling the place up with millions of people?

Also Sorry about the Spelling and the mistakes i have probably put in, Im not that good at writing stuff -.-

Andrew Salazar
07-21-2008, 03:46 PM
yeah i cant get a tech victory either. i got economy easy though. i just kept on playing and it said to build a world bank. i did and i won. a tip is to not waste the money on useless stuff like extra troops when u dont even use them. also dont except nation's peace offers when they ask for money for peace. its a waste of mony.:uzi:

KabuKiArcade
07-21-2008, 04:30 PM
To win a tech victory you need to focus on getting researches, fast as you can!
To pump out research faster -
- Build a library, courthouse, university - any building that increases your science
- Make sure your cities are set to science and not gold
- Democracy is a good government
- Great people that boost your science should be settled (50% bonus) rather than completing a tech immediately.

Even with these tips, sometimes the computers make it really difficult to do anything except start a war.

Now, you say you keep building huge armies, which makes me think you have no other buildings to make?

-KabuKiArcade

L0rd Tuck3r
07-21-2008, 05:07 PM
For Tech, I recommend the Lightning Round Scenario. You only have to get to the modern era.

For Econ, Beta Centauri. You can build every building in every city you make.

Tieg
07-21-2008, 05:08 PM
To win a tech victory you need to focus on getting researches, fast as you can!
To pump out research faster -
- Build a library, courthouse, university - any building that increases your science
- Make sure your cities are set to science and not gold
- Democracy is a good government
- Great people that boost your science should be settled (50% bonus) rather than completing a tech immediately.

Even with these tips, sometimes the computers make it really difficult to do anything except start a war.

Now, you say you keep building huge armies, which makes me think you have no other buildings to make?

-KabuKiArcade

In addition to the above...when you have enough defense for your cities...archers etc....go into manage people and select custom....then move your peeps from production (hammers) to the ocean (science bottles). You want to make sure you have some peeps getting food as well so your city can expand but that is a good way to maximize your science/research. After a while your people will populate enough so that you can go back to doing production as well...but if you focus on defense and science you'll do well. This works as well for economics...just switch to gold vice science.

Donkeythebard
07-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Try to aim for one way to win. instead of spreading yourself around...

G315T
07-21-2008, 06:48 PM
If you're going for any kind of win other than Domination, focus on defense and science production.

Minimalizing Military Spending:
-Control land-based choke points instead of defending individual cities.
-Don't be afraid to give other civilizations some technology to get them off your back for a while, especially if it's old technology that thye want.
-Don't build every unit you can all the time. I usually upgrade from Archers or Pikemen to Modern Infantry.

Keep your cities on Science production. If you're going for an economic win, it's obviously tempting to flip it over to gold instead of science. It is however more important to research further economic and city growth techs. If you're going for an economic win wait until you've got all the tech you need before switching to gold production.

Having just a few really good cities is much better than having a whole bunch of crappy ones. Do not ruin your initial cities early in an effort to expand and take up more land. Use your units and first one or two settlers to block off an area which you can expand into later. Don't waste your time trying to take enemy cities unless you find it absolutely neccessary. With good city placement and proper resource management it is not difficult to win Econ or Tech victories on King+ with just 3 or 4 cities.