PDA

View Full Version : Would buying this game now be smart...

laundryman
07-08-2008, 11:25 PM
...or a waste of money. With Rock Band 2 coming out later this year, I am wondering if I should buy this game. I might have a chance to this weekend.

Maybe I will only have to buy the game if the guitars, drums and mic don't break and that would save some money but only if they are compatible with RB2.

Bishop24
07-08-2008, 11:27 PM
They should be compatible with RB2 seeing how if they aren't, EA and Harmonix will lose a good bit of money. If you really want it, get it. But I would wait til Rock Band 2 came out, cause they're gonna release instruments with it, and I'm sure the Guitar will work 10x better than the one that is with RB1. But it is worth the money and is a fun game, great replay value with all of the DLC they have for it.

Matrarch
07-08-2008, 11:37 PM
I would wait till E3 at this point so you can get the official news about RB2. After all, it would suck to pay for the RB1 tracks if you get them free with RB2. Also, the improved instruments may be worth the wait. HMX has confirmed multiple times the present instruments WILL work with RB2, so if you can't wait, it's not that your instruments would be rendered useless.

laundryman
07-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Ok thanks for the replies. I think i'm gonna buy it though. E3 is directly right after my birthday so I should be able to find some stuff on RB2. Even so, I'll only have to buy the game come the release.

Tenacious
07-09-2008, 05:20 PM
If it were me, I'd buy just the disc. If you don't have one, buy a GH3 guitar because they are far superior to the one included in the Rock Band 1 package. Wait for Rock Band 2 for drums, etc.