PDA

View Full Version : impossible solo's

mrbaseball2711
07-09-2008, 03:29 AM
I went back to guitar hero for a little while when Aerosmith came out and realized how easy it was to play hard solos. In Rock band I can't play hard solos at all because the timing window is so small and it really annoys me. I don't use the stratocaster so I don't have the solo buttons, do they help? I personally think GHII had the best timing window, but I was just wondering what you guys think. Do you like the RB or GH timing better?

RockstarSuicide
07-09-2008, 05:26 AM
I personally don't touch the solo buttons except to rack up a big finish. I find them to be a pain once you've gotten used to the normal size after so many games

Pakikid053
07-09-2008, 05:58 AM
I haven't played the guitar in a while, but when I did, I couldn't pull off fast switches during solos with the regular frets, and when I do play I always use the solo buttons on the RB1 guitar..

UndrGrndX
07-09-2008, 06:22 AM
the solo buttons is what i used to finally beat the 2nd solo on GGAHT, but i dont want to get used to them.

workbench
07-09-2008, 12:17 PM
the solos are very difficult in RB, i think anyway.

the rest of it is a piece of piss.

edd__
07-09-2008, 12:27 PM
I find the timing much better in Rock Band. I play numerous instruments myself, but i often struggled with some stuff on GH3 cos it felt like irregular timing structures because of the overly-large timing windows. I think RB got it down much better; especially considering that HMX is almost entirely made of musicians. Solo buttons can be very benefitial, but I can do most of the solos with the regular buttons too. I also really like the way it shows you what you can hammer on and pull off, because i often felt like in GH3 there was some stuff that i thought would be a HO/PO and i lost my multiplier and got out of the loop

iRKOu
07-11-2008, 04:45 AM
i thought GH: Aerosmith's timing window was perfect... or maybe its just the square notes i hate... im the opposite with edd and cant see HO/PO for RB... make them smaller good idea! honestly i dont see how anyone who starts with GH can get used to RB's frets and HO/POs.... ic ant and im still stuck on GGAHT....

ILoveAztecChick
07-12-2008, 08:06 PM
i thought GH: Aerosmith's timing window was perfect... or maybe its just the square notes i hate... im the opposite with edd and cant see HO/PO for RB... make them smaller good idea! honestly i dont see how anyone who starts with GH can get used to RB's frets and HO/POs.... ic ant and im still stuck on GGAHT....

Maybe it's hard for people who started out with GH3. GH2 was about the same as Rock Band, and GH1 was even tougher than it. I still haven't 5-starred Texas Flood because the HO/PO's are so god damn hard.

irishoh
07-12-2008, 09:11 PM
GH aerosmith is the 1st GH I've played since I traded in all my PS2 stuff for my 360. Been playing rock band for 7 months with the fender and still only use the solo frets for the big ending. I liked GH aerosmith, but found I'm so much better at rock band. I only have Green grass... to finish the solo tour on expert and I couldn't get past 'Walk this way with RunDMC on the expert tour on GHA (did get the acheivement for failing a song 10 times while trying it though), even though I could get through a number of the harder songs like 'Hard to handle, Cat Scratch Fever and Kings and Queens

eli1277
07-13-2008, 12:27 AM
I think the HOPO in RB are terrible. I think the ones GH:A are the best ones.

D3adcell86
07-13-2008, 12:39 AM
I think the HOPO in RB are terrible. I think the ones GH:A are the best ones.

GH:A and GH3 are the same. Rockband or Guitar Hero 2 has the best timing. GH3 engine is just too lenient, though it kind of has to be because they spam the screen with hammer ons.

Th3 Apache Dog
07-13-2008, 12:45 AM
GH:A and GH3 are the same. Rockband or Guitar Hero 2 has the best timing. GH3 engine is just too lenient, though it kind of has to be because they spam the screen with hammer ons. I agree with this. But for some reason I don't really ever feel the difference between the two games( GH3, and RB)lol it just comes to me:p

TwistedFate
07-13-2008, 12:47 AM
GH:A and GH3 are the same.

No they aren't. They tweaked the HO/PO's so they weren't broken in GH:A. You can't just hold down the button anymore and you have to lift your fingers for pull-offs like you should have had to do all along. That's why it's called a PULL OFF for crying out loud.

aswipe21
07-13-2008, 02:55 AM
Yeah I really liked the HO/PO's on Aerosmith the best out of all the GH/RB games. It just feels comfortable I guess lol.

D3adcell86
07-13-2008, 03:18 AM
No they aren't. They tweaked the HO/PO's so they weren't broken in GH:A. You can't just hold down the button anymore and you have to lift your fingers for pull-offs like you should have had to do all along. That's why it's called a PULL OFF for crying out loud.

They felt the same to me though I play the same way on guitar hero 3 as I do on rockband or guitar hero 2, so maybe i just didn't notice those things?