PDA

View Full Version : Who can't Wait for this

INSANEKID13
07-10-2008, 02:23 AM
i have been waiting for this game for awhile now hoping they will do a better job on this one than the first even know the first one was awsome

MistersalJack
07-10-2008, 02:26 AM
cant wait for the title lineup this game will have. knowing from the first one i know it will b great.

INSANEKID13
07-10-2008, 02:15 PM
so far there are these:

Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Journey - Any Way You Want It
System of a Down - Chop Suey!
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give It Away
Cheap Trick - Hello There
The Muffs - Kids In America
Dream Theater - Panic Attack
The Who - Pinball Wizard
Elvis Costello - Pump It Up
thanks to Dan Webb for these

also:
Also they released 7 more tracks for Rock Band 2.

Almost Easy" by Avenged Sevenfold
"Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett
"I Was Wrong" by Social Distortion
"Livin' On A Prayer" by Bon Jovi
"Rock'n Me" by Steve Miller Band
"Testify" by Rage Against the Machine
"White Wedding Pt. 1" by Billy Idol

plus your DLC

Gun-Nut
07-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Really can't wait for this one! :D though still need to finish off Band World Tour on RB

scooke87
07-10-2008, 09:00 PM
I can't wait to play this game. With the leaked list, there are a ton of songs that I can't wait to play. For the confirmed songs so far, along with RB1 songs, I can't wait to play System of A Down and Foo Fighters.

Panda
07-10-2008, 11:49 PM
It's funny.. I've been looking forward for sooooo long for Gears 2, Fable 2, Viva Pinata 2 and as soon as RB2 is announced.. I want it.. More than any other game instantly. I'll be getting the whole bundle... I'll sell everything I can for it xD.

The Drums look awesome can't wait. It's safe to say that this game will absolutely pwn GH:WT hands down =].

OldWIKI TIK
07-11-2008, 05:23 AM
I will buy it of course. Pumped for new songs and a new set of achievements. Really cannot wait for E3, where they might disclose the official set-list, no more rumors.

Matrarch
07-11-2008, 03:01 PM
I think (could be wrong though) that it's been confirmed that the whole setlist *will* be released at E3.

I'm definitely excited for Rock Band 2! Bring on September! Yay for financial insolvency in the name of Rock Band!

shiningcheese
07-11-2008, 03:22 PM
I would love to get pumped about this one, but I can't help but feel its the same thing just with more songs. I thought the point of all of the DLC and updates were so that they would never have to make a sequel. I know all the previous DLC is compatible but honestly, did Rock Band include that many good songs from the original setlist. There were some jewels in there but for every good song there were 3 more filler ones. This is just one guys opinion though...

Jjayb263
07-11-2008, 03:33 PM
We haven't even got Rock band in Australia yet:(

Ben Sharpe
07-11-2008, 03:42 PM
I might get it if they make the price much less than a 360 costs over here, it is 150-170 and a brand new Arcade is 150 (I got one as a replacement for 135 though)

Dex
07-11-2008, 11:03 PM
I would love to get pumped about this one, but I can't help but feel its the same thing just with more songs. I thought the point of all of the DLC and updates were so that they would never have to make a sequel. I know all the previous DLC is compatible but honestly, did Rock Band include that many good songs from the original setlist. There were some jewels in there but for every good song there were 3 more filler ones. This is just one guys opinion though...
I totally understand and respect your opinion, and normally I would agree, but from what I've read, RB2 is much much more than just "the same thing with more songs".

Online World Tour is a huge upgrade. My friends who come over to play can't even handle Bass on Hard... having BWT online means that I can get together with good players on my friends list, form a band, and actually progress through the World Tour part of the game; tracking our progress, receiving achievements, etc.

There are also a lot of little things that make my favorite music game even better: play any instrument with any character, no band leaders, new clothes, attitudes & ways to customize your characters.

80+ new songs for a $59.95 msrp disk is a good deal when you do the math, that's about $1.30 a song. And considering the rumor that you can download all of RB1's 58 songs for free... that's an even better deal. Having all my songs playable in one game (without swapping disks) makes my head spin!

When it comes down to it, I guess it's the old adage of "if it isn’t broke, don't fix it". Harmonix listened to the fans, and made some big improvements on the original game that would have been impossible to do via patch/upgrade. Is there something missing (from the announcements so far) that you feel the game is lacking?

Don't forget; the Guitar Hero camp has come out with a new game almost every year (GH, GH2, GH:80s, GH3, GH:A), and they have hardly changed a thing (other than songs and graphics). Rock Band 2 doesn't look like a way for EA/HMX to make more money (even though they will), but more like a huge upgrade from RB1, but keeping everything that everyone already loved about the original game.

blurbia
07-12-2008, 01:43 AM
I will get this... and GHWT. Lots of great plastic peripherals. Can't wait.

CRAZYCJ20
08-02-2008, 07:32 PM
To be honest, I find Rock Band to be completely overrated. Sure, the game provides a great amount of DLC, but that certainly doesn't make a game great. Don't get me wrong, the game is overall pretty good, but the praise I see people giving it is just rediculous. Go on the xbox.com forums, you will see "fanboys" all over there who reject anyone else's opinion if it's not the same as theirs. I might just rent this game, I mean the setlist is alright but the game often gets dull due to a lack of difficulty and the fact that there really aren't many improvements made. Guitar Hero World Tour will get my money since they're taking a much bigger step forward and the rumored setlist kills this one. After playing both the Guitar Hero series and Rock Band a great amount, I've come to the conclusion that Rock Band is more for the casual player while Guitar Hero is more for the die hards. The note structure and song choices prove this. Rock Band 1 had a great amount of very slow songs while Guitar Hero had more intense songs. I still enjoy both but when it comes to which one would I prefer, I'll take the Guitar Hero series simply because I'm more of a die hard than a casual.

APX
08-04-2008, 02:45 AM
Yay for a GH fanboy. :)

They have nothing new to show, nothing innovative from what harmonix did a year ago, so Rock Band will always be on top of the "we only care about cash" company, activision. :)

Hammer 5O2
08-04-2008, 02:56 AM
To be honest, I find Rock Band to be completely overrated. Sure, the game provides a great amount of DLC, but that certainly doesn't make a game great. Don't get me wrong, the game is overall pretty good, but the praise I see people giving it is just rediculous. Go on the xbox.com forums, you will see "fanboys" all over there who reject anyone else's opinion if it's not the same as theirs. I might just rent this game, I mean the setlist is alright but the game often gets dull due to a lack of difficulty and the fact that there really aren't many improvements made. Guitar Hero World Tour will get my money since they're taking a much bigger step forward and the rumored setlist kills this one. After playing both the Guitar Hero series and Rock Band a great amount, I've come to the conclusion that Rock Band is more for the casual player while Guitar Hero is more for the die hards. The note structure and song choices prove this. Rock Band 1 had a great amount of very slow songs while Guitar Hero had more intense songs. I still enjoy both but when it comes to which one would I prefer, I'll take the Guitar Hero series simply because I'm more of a die hard than a casual.
fair enough but to that point there are actually a lot of more intense songs on rock band considering there are almost going to be double the songs in rock band 2 total with the rock band 1 songs and dlc then there will be in guitar hero world tour. the ONLY thing that guitar hero wt has an advantage over rock band is that they have a pretty interesting song creation thing but thats about it.

you guys dont forget rock revolution :p

APX
08-04-2008, 03:02 AM
Eh, I still don't see any songlist for that, so I guess it's dead. :D

Hammer 5O2
08-04-2008, 03:20 AM
Actually Rock Revolution was at e3 and it looked awful but is still very alive and happening. Here's a link to their setlist.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/puzzle/rockrevolution/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-43279894&pid=946367

APX
08-04-2008, 03:26 AM
Well, if i'm right... it's horrible because it's konami :(

I have a feeling these songs might be covers, BAWWWW because I have to hear some guy ruin Phil's voice for walk. :(

Hammer 5O2
08-04-2008, 03:34 AM

I have a feeling these songs might be covers, BAWWWW because I have to hear some guy ruin Phil's voice for walk. :(
Yea the game does not look good at all. The songs are not covers tho it is the official setlist but its not complete they are supposed to be announcing like 8 more songs or something.

Matrarch
08-04-2008, 05:27 AM

I could be wrong (too lazy to look for a source), but I believe it's been stated that every song on Rock Revolution is a cover. Blech. -_-

Only 6ish weeks till Rock Band 2! Can't wait! :D

APX
08-04-2008, 06:20 AM
Only 6ish weeks till Rock Band 2! Can't wait! :D

For you, yes, lucky. :(

I have to wait another month for the bundle. T_T

Matrarch
08-04-2008, 06:27 AM
Well, if you already have Guitar Hero (and as such a guitar), you can get the game on the launch date. Just buy the drums separately later on. :)

I can understand waiting for the bundle, but if you have a guitar and any USB mic, it's actually more cost effective to get the game and then a drum kit later on.

Hammer 5O2
08-04-2008, 06:33 AM
i wish both rock band and guitar hero would wake up tho and toss some miley cyrus on the marketplace for dlc :/

APX
08-04-2008, 06:35 AM
I do have Guitar Hero, just for the PS2 :(

So yeah, waiting for the bundle to come out = T_T

animeaddict42
08-08-2008, 02:22 AM
Referring to the fanboys, every game has them, even Guitar Hero, so none of RB's credibility should be hurt from them. It's not that they make it less difficult, it's that they chart the songs more realistically. So, when you say diehard, I assume gameplay wise, well, the people that are sticking with RB (well most of them) are music diehards, meaning they don't want their music mischarted. Yes, Guitar Hero's gameplay is mostly more difficult, but Rock Band has many shining examples (GGaHT, Thrasher, Perfect Drug on drums, the list goes on). That mega-awesome setlist you mentioned has been recently debunked, though the songs being confirmed for GH are quite awesome. The music creator store is iffy, depending on the quality of the releases. All in all, it comes down to this... Rock Band has more realistic charts, more DLC (thus far), and a killer setlist, Guitar Hero has more difficult charts, less DLC (again, thus far), and an (in my opinion) what appears to be an almost equally killer setlist. In the end, my purchase is going to the first one coming out first, and then the other, because I am getting both :D.

Simonizer1986
08-08-2008, 11:52 PM
this game will ROCK.... :drunk

BAD BLOOD BIGGY
08-10-2008, 04:42 AM
Well I am buying the disc only since I already have the instruments, and the disc comes out earlier. And sinice it was confirmed that GHWT will allow you to use your RB drums, I am buying the disc to it only too, so I can have both games and laugh at the fanboys who can only afford one.........muahahahaha..........j/k

But I like both setlist, I want Hendrix, Zakk Wylde, and Ozzy, but I also want Ratt and Alice in Chains

Missis Beki
08-10-2008, 04:55 AM
tbh rock band doesnt appeal to me because of the singing and kind of the drum playing, i think its a great idea for a game but ill stick wth guitar hero for now

nightmare975
08-10-2008, 05:11 AM
tbh rock band doesnt appeal to me because of the singing and kind of the drum playing, i think its a great idea for a game but ill stick wth guitar hero for now

You are aware that Guitar Hero has gone full band, right?

animeaddict42
08-10-2008, 05:29 AM
As Nightmare said, you are aware that it has gone full band now? You can just play guitar if you want to anyway and it is the natural progression in the rock rhythm game genre.
this game will ROCK.... :drunk
Hellz yeah it will!

Missis Beki
08-10-2008, 05:21 PM
As Nightmare said, you are aware that it has gone full band now? You can just play guitar if you want to anyway and it is the natural progression in the rock rhythm game genre.

Hellz yeah it will!
Yeah im aware il just stick with GH2 and 3 cos i love them and dragon force will keep me busy for the next 10 years or so lol