PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

Krazie
07-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread!

HuTcH
02-19-2009, 01:38 AM
check it out krazie (sorry 4 spoilers)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/guitar-hero-metallica/trophies/

Ungodly
02-26-2009, 03:17 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/785/UPrXlSQ=.jpgMetal Militia 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg100% a song (4 player band)
Thats all i have to say

Son of Kyuss
02-26-2009, 08:25 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/785/UPrXlSQ=.jpgMetal Militia 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg100% a song (4 player band)
Thats all i have to say

It won't be that hard considering you could all play on Beginner and 100% it. Be thankful they didn't put in another Platinum Rockstar achievement.

birkhalter
03-18-2009, 01:23 AM
Hopefully the vocals system is somewhat refined from WT, otherwise getting 100% on vocals will be tough. no?

Jet1337
03-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Hopefully I'll be able to use my headset instead of buying a damn microphone.

GuzzyMe
03-19-2009, 01:14 PM

no not happning

OhWhen
03-20-2009, 09:04 PM

You've always been able to use the headset? :S

Alucard0691
03-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Try the demo. There is a new Vocalsscore System. No need anymore to "really" 100% a song.

Motrahtox
03-24-2009, 01:06 AM
If the vocals are anything like World Tour you could easily get 100% on beginner by putting the mic in front of a fan or even just mumbling every note, but I find the fan to be more consistent and I don't have to even attempt to sing.

Cubituss
03-28-2009, 10:55 PM
The trend of GH series having the most bland and pointless achievements continues with this fine specimen...

Motrahtox
03-29-2009, 01:06 AM
Im not trying to defend Activision, Guitar Hero, or anything but when you think about it theres only so many different achievements you can make especially depending on the genre.

Sure this titles achievements are cut and paste from World Tour for the most part. There could be a variety of different online achievevments, but Im glad there arent because I cant stand them. There could be more score "x" amount on specific songs or even gold star so many songs on a certain difficulty. Even the cumulative achievements like hitting so many notes were kinda cool even though you never knew when you would get it. I know for the upper tier expert players the 5 star ever song achievements were fun and really set apart a player that can complete expert ( myself and many included) and then there are the crazy lightning finger having guys who can practically FC Raining Blood on expert that in turn can 5 star the career.

The main thing that would help a game like this as far as achievements, funfactor, and gameplay are concerned is to have more game modes. I thought Rock Band 2 especially had a very enjoyable and varied achievement list. Sure its forcing you to play the same songs again and again just with a different mode of play, but its made much easier when you have your whole library of DLC at your disposal. Which brings me to the other unexcusable error of Activision which is not letting you use DLC in other games ( Death Magnetic the only exception really.)

I could probably go on and on so Ill just it at that.

Jurigs
03-29-2009, 03:31 PM
i hate those achievements!, almost the same as GH:WT, why can't it be like GH3? i miss the Streak and points achievements (1000ns, 500k) like it was in GH2 and GH3, i also miss achievements like " gold star 20 songs on expert" and "hit 250k notes in career".

Only easy achievements on the new gh games. I think the achievements in gh3 was perfect, i hope they make the achievevments more like GH3 in the future. Rock band 1 also had many great achievements, i loved almost everyone, just stupid with all the "Big in acheivements"

why isnt it Complete Vocal,drum,bass,guitar on easy,medium,hard, or expert. (seperate achievements) its so fucking stupid with the "complete any career on expert) IMO RB1 has the best band achievements.

RINGO
03-29-2009, 09:59 PM
^ I disagree... gold staring songs on expert is just stupid especially since in GH that means 100% them... I've been playing GH and RB since it came out and I still can't gold star that many.... those kind of achievement suck....

I know there are some that can ....and more power to them.... but it's honestly stupid to have achievements that people like me....who are actually pretty darn good at the game but still cant get them all in GH....

If you ask me... Rock Band 1 had it right.... there were some pretty damn hard achievements.... and some that took loads dedication to get. According to mygamercard.net , to this day less than 1000 people have 1000/1000 (myself included :) )

HuTcH
03-30-2009, 01:39 AM
the tutorials piss me off so much. i dont have ghwt drums and im not buying any on ebay. this is one achievement i wont get for a while.

bakrise
03-31-2009, 05:10 PM
the tutorials piss me off so much. i dont have ghwt drums and im not buying any on ebay. this is one achievement i wont get for a while.
so why do we have to have the GHWT drums to get this achievement?

peterk
03-31-2009, 08:46 PM
According to the Guitar Hero community stats I have 22 wins online (16, 4 and 2) and have lost several times as well, but the Seek & Destroy (Play 20 matches online) achievement hasn't popped yet. Anyone else have this problem or am I just lucky?

Dreamscape420
04-02-2009, 02:50 AM
According to the Guitar Hero community stats I have 22 wins online (16, 4 and 2) and have lost several times as well, but the Seek & Destroy (Play 20 matches online) achievement hasn't popped yet. Anyone else have this problem or am I just lucky?

I am having the exact same problem. Hopefully there is a simple solution because this is rather annoying.

Malnorished
04-03-2009, 07:58 PM
I am having the exact same problem. Hopefully there is a simple solution because this is rather annoying.
i got this achievement (Seek & Destroy) by losing 20 games to a friend in battle mode.

and, not sure if anyone knows this yet but all you have to do to get the "Metallica" achievement (complete a career on expert) is play "The thing that should not be" in the Ice Cave on Expert, after completing the same instrument career on an easier difficulty.

for example, do Bass career on Hard, once finished "The thing that should not be", back out, select expert and play the same song again, you'll get the achievement once you're finished, even though you've only played a single song on Expert

GrilledFerret
04-04-2009, 05:54 AM
I got 543k on Creeping Death after like 30 tires (not the full song of course) and my hand is absolutely dead...

the solo is just bullshit for an achievement, b/c optimal score is like 602k leaving you only 27k to spare which is like 7 notes!

Right before the solo ends, what should my score be for me to get the achievement?

I find these achievements to be EXTREMELY stupid seeing as you must practically become an expertise in every instrument to get 1000/1000 without glitching. Way to go Activision!

Birky
04-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Anybody have advise on the easiest song for vocals on expert? I'm trying to get the achievement for a four player band passing a song on expert and our vocalist is having trouble passing any song.

Heners
04-09-2009, 11:18 PM
the achievements look good, just like anyother guitar hero game

CyanideSpirit
04-10-2009, 05:41 AM
ive already gotten most of them, its most of the band ones that elude me

Bl°°dwolf
04-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Anybody have advise on the easiest song for vocals on expert? I'm trying to get the achievement for a four player band passing a song on expert and our vocalist is having trouble passing any song.

Blood and Thunder.

Scar Tissue77
04-11-2009, 12:59 AM
Regarding the achievement for playing a song with all 4 members on expert.....can anyone give me theyre gamertags that can play expert drums vocals and bass/guitar....i can play bass or guitar easily on expert.....also hopefully you guys can help me get 1 million on battery...i prefer to play guitar on battery since ive practiced it more

Mr Blonde 324
04-16-2009, 01:30 AM
if i plug in my mic on beginner and sit it against the tv, could i use the star power gained using my guitar/drums to get the instrument achievements? or are all of those in solo player only and not in a band?

Mr Blonde 324
04-16-2009, 02:06 AM
apparently not. i plugged in just the mic for Sandman and got less than 20,000 points without starpower. well, i just did the trick i was thinking of and got 367,121 as a band which means as guitar i shouldve gotten about 347,000 points or so. i was really hopin for an easy way to cheat these achievements

curtisg43228
04-21-2009, 02:58 AM
If you want to beat this game on expert all you have to do is make it through just the final song on expert to get the achievement, is this also possible to do on World tour as well?

xXthefragileXx
04-27-2009, 05:33 AM
I had a question about the achievement for completing the tutorial. I know it says you can't use a Rock Band kit because it changes the track to 4 + kick pedal instead of GH's 5 + kick, (and since it's a tutorial, it makes sense that it would have to be a GH kit), but does anyone know if it reads the ION kit as a RB kit or not? I'm thinking it would, but I'd like some confirmation on that since there's NO way in hell I'd go buy a GH kit when I own an ION.. especially for a measley 5gs lol

EsN Mitch
05-19-2009, 10:39 PM
My brother may be getting this, and for the tutorial, is it only do-able on drums?
Also the green power achievement, would it still be green with the lefty flip activated?
:)

curtisg43228
05-21-2009, 09:37 PM
If its Guitar Hero drums you should get all the achievements even if its lefty flip wouldn't matter.

Celestial Being
05-21-2009, 09:43 PM
for example, do Bass career on Hard, once finished "The thing that should not be", back out, select expert and play the same song again, you'll get the achievement once you're finished, even though you've only played a single song on Expert

you dont even have to do all that. as soon as the song starts on Hard just press Start and choose change difficulty. then change it to expert. thats what i did and the achievement unlocked.

wolvieware
05-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Are not many people playing this online? It takes a while to find online matches.

NjDevIL
06-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Do you have to own a drumset to get the achievements or can you play drums on the controller?

Dazz
06-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Are not many people playing this online? It takes a while to find online matches.

See I'm finding it relatively easy to get matches during early evenings British time, only thing pissing me off is that Black achievement cause I never seem to finish people off with that one attack.

Other than that though, maybe 3-4 hours spread out over 2 days and I'm undefeated with 21 matches played (on Face Off, Pro Face Off and Battle, though I only legit won a handful, the rest quit on me but it was epic playing the Machine Head song for at least 30 minutes on Battle when we both survived till the speed went up to 400%)

GrilledFerret
06-12-2009, 03:25 AM
YEAH BOIUHH!!!!!!!!!!

GOT 1000/1000g in Guitar Hero: Metallica like 15 minutes ago

"Tend to the goats young childs"

BrAin PuNch3r
06-12-2009, 05:13 AM
i will never get 1000gs on that game cuz i cant play the guitar good at all... thats y i wish those speacial score achievements where for all instruments cuz i would gettem easy on drums..

Son of Kyuss
06-29-2009, 06:17 AM
Well I'm pissed off. I finally get around to purchasing the WT kit and my game freezes everytime I get to Lesson 4 of the Tutorials for Basic drums (I completed Intermediate). >: ( Why does GH:M hate me so? 5 GS away from 1000 and it looks like it'll be that way for a while.

EDIT: Hahaha any of the other Tutorials also freeze my game, this is awesome!

EDIT 2: By the Gods, I cleaned my disc and now I'm able to complete the Tutorials, stupid me.

cavs2009
07-01-2009, 10:11 PM
i beat this game o expert just by beating the last song on expert it was awesome

http://card.mygamercard.net/cylinder/fire/celtics2009.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/celtics2009)

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3946/videogamesigs4a4bd9461e.png (http://www.videogamesigs.com)

NextGate
07-02-2009, 02:02 AM
What a shame!!!.. this really piss me off, they are making you buy a set of drums?? no way!, i am stuck with my RB set. No way im buying another set just for an achievement!

shocellist
08-27-2009, 07:25 AM
What a shame!!!.. this really piss me off, they are making you buy a set of drums?? no way!, i am stuck with my RB set. No way im buying another set just for an achievement!

You can also just borrow a friend's set. I also am plagued with this problem. I'm planning on doing that once in the coming months and go through all the GH drums tutorials in one day. It's really not worth buying for 5GS (plus the other GH games with the "complete tutorials" achievements)

pvt Zleek
11-21-2009, 12:35 AM
Do you have to own a drumset to get the achievements or can you play drums on the controller?
you need to have a drumset, the more recent full-band guitar heros no longer support standard controller, except with the vocals, of course

Gh0st Biker
12-30-2009, 10:50 PM
I was searching for some random players online in band quickplay. I found a drummer and a bassist. I was the guitarist. We picked Battery and got 1150000 points. Why didn't I get any achievement? In the leaderboard does it say that I have 500 k on the song in band play. I've got 800 k and 900 k several times... why does it say 500k? Oo
Do I have to be the host or something? Can't I obtain the acievement online? (Think I got 500k with a friend offline a long time ago)... but.. please help! :S It's really annoying when the leaderboard says 500k on the song when I have got more than a million points!

ArekusuNaito
12-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Will Answer this only cuz i have the Theory that
Battery Achievement is some kind not totally self explicit

This Is Made with Full Band, I Had the same problem, that is my Theory.
You must do the 1,000,000 with 4 Players, not 1 - 3 Players.

Tip: Be yourself Vocals on Begginer with Guest Account.

koncon86
05-29-2011, 02:56 AM
this is the best guitar hero/ rock band/ band hero type game ever! :drunk

lriboldi
02-26-2012, 10:23 PM
What about the green hell achivement?
Does it has to be done as drummer?

Syndrofadown
06-17-2012, 08:42 PM
What about the green hell achivement?
Does it has to be done as drummer?

yes, obviously ...

Azathame
08-04-2012, 10:01 PM
So I'm not getting my holier than thou cheevo and I was told maybe you have to get the band achievement also. Yes? No? If so, I also have the problem of it not giving me that achievement either. -_- (guitar hero hates me) and as far as I can tell there's no way to "start a new band" where the set list goes away and I have to unlock everything again is there? So that I can just complete band career (again). I would like my 150gs please.

Spade.
09-15-2012, 04:51 PM
I have a question. If you complete a band carrerr with two instruments that you have not beaten the solo carreer for, say bass and drums, will that unlock the achievement for comleting bass career and drums career. Also, will that that count towards Holier Than Thou?