PDA

View Full Version : Replay Value/Worth Buy

Seraph Metatron
07-10-2008, 08:20 PM
So I grew up playing the Civilization games, I recognize that this doesn't have the micro management of the last few on PC, but I think that is a good thing. I loved the demo, probably played it two dozen times. My question is without too much variation in the different nations, does this have much replay value, or if you played it once or twice you have played it 50 times? I am thinking about getting this instead of Operation Darkness because I want a good strategy game to play right now. Any suggestions would be helpful.

MadMikeD420
07-11-2008, 12:54 AM
well, i've been a fan of the series as well, and i rushed out and bought it the first day i could. now i'm kinda torn with the fact that since my ach whoring took me over, it feels like a waste of $$$ since it takes like 2-3 days to get all 1000. in THAT perspective u might be better off just renting, but it's still a good game IMO. of course everybody will feel differently, but it does get a little repetitous after beating it a couple of times. once i get all the points i'll put it away, but i know i'll always feel like playing it somewhere down the road.

eXtreme 1138
07-11-2008, 11:28 AM
The achievements aren't as entirely easy as the post above me states. They do require quite a large amount of luck due to several factors, but then again i never bought it for the achievements and glad of it. It is a worthy addition to anyones collection, whether you are a fan of strategy or not, and beats Operation Darkness hands down.

MartiniKiss
07-11-2008, 03:27 PM
operation darkness shouldnt even be compared to this game :)

Ceryino63
07-11-2008, 03:49 PM
It depends, if you're just going for achievements, then you'll definatly want to rent it. If you're one of the people who can play a strategy game for a while, then I feel this game is worth a buy. But thats just my opinion.