PDA

View Full Version : RB 2: Drums, features, 17 songs

soccerplaya13cj
07-10-2008, 09:53 PM
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11340

new stuff not announced yet:
-Can play the song's without playing the game, so it's like watching a music video with your characters.
-New Songs
-Drumset (optional plugin cymbals)(can be unplugged and add in drum brain and is a real electronic kit)
-Order real-life merchandise

Great read!

TwistedFate
07-10-2008, 10:41 PM
-Drumset (optional plugin cymbals)(can be unplugged and add in drum brain and is a real electronic kit)

Note: Only the optional premium drum kit (read: not the standard RB or RB2 drum kit) is upgradeable to a real electronic kit.

Note 2: The optional premium kit is made by Ion. Despite the magazines assertion that Ion is a maker of real electronic drums, the kits they make are barely more than toys, so don't expect greatness. I would barely hold out hope for slightly above mediocrity.

Now if they made it MIDI input compatible so I could plug in my Yamaha kit, I would be the world's biggest RB2 fanboy.

Mike255
07-10-2008, 10:59 PM
HOLY DRUMS! :omgI want.... nao! Ugh, I hope i can afford those things by the time they come out.

TwistedFate
07-10-2008, 11:02 PM
HOLY DRUMS! :omgI want.... nao! Ugh, I hope i can afford those things by the time they come out.

I'm going to try and pick them up with just the game. Don't need a new mic or Strat.

Mike255
07-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Yeah, as much as i like the new strat look. God damn i dont need another guitar lying on my floor.

TwistedFate
07-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Me and Sharon counted when I was down there this weekend, between us we have 9 little plastic guitars (PS2 SG, 2x Wireless PS2 controller, X-Plorer, 2x Les Paul, 3x Strat). 2 of them are not in 100% working order, but we have them.

Lord only knows how I'm going to fit that new kit in the same room with my e-kit, but I'll find a way. Guess I won't be getting GH:WT now.

soccerplaya13cj
07-11-2008, 12:17 AM
I know it's not the standard kit, but damn I want it.

TwistedFate
07-11-2008, 12:26 AM
Ion Drum Prototype in action. Apparently production of them is contingent on customer demand.

YouTube - CES 2008: Ion Rock Band Drum Prototype

Lucent Beam
07-11-2008, 12:43 AM
The input for cymbals & stuff is cool but I'd just opt to play regular without them. I didn't read the whole article.. I'll wait til I have it in hand.
But.... lots of cool stuff in there!!

aswipe21
07-11-2008, 12:46 AM
Wow I don't think I'm gonna buy a new drum set just get the symbols for the one I got b/c I already have a metal foot pedal that ordered offline lol. I think I'm just gonna buy the game and the sunburst stratocaster b/c it looks pretty sweet lol. RB 2 is gonna be AWESOME!!!!! GH:WT doesn't even stand a chance lol.:uzi:

TwistedFate
07-11-2008, 12:56 AM
just get the symbols for the one I got

No cymbal inputs on the old kit.

SebastianSB
07-11-2008, 01:06 AM
Wow I don't think I'm gonna buy a new drum set just get the symbols for the one I got b/c I already have a metal foot pedal that ordered offline lol.

I may have read it wrong but I don't think you can put the cymbals on the RB1 drums

xCOBRAx
07-11-2008, 11:55 AM
vids broken... :(

TwistedFate
07-11-2008, 12:59 PM
vids broken... :(

Try again. The vid works. YouTube is 'teh sux0r' when it comes to serving up vids lately.

Dla911
07-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Now i dont know if i want to drop my Pre-order, it says its Sold Seperately So maybe i will stop it and just get this on pre-order, hmm

Dex
07-11-2008, 11:16 PM
At this point, I think I'm just going to pre-order the big box like last time.

The standard drums are improved just enough to deserve an upgrade from the old ones, and the guitar changes sound pretty good. Considering the current drum kit sells by itself for too much money ($60? $70?), I'm glad I got it in the big bundle for RB1.

Also, a friend of mine offered to buy my current drums for $30, and the microphone for $20. That's a nice $50 I can put twords the RB2 box.

EDIT:
According to Ion's official website, those premium drums will sell for $299.99

https://www.drumrocker.com/index.php

Illution
07-12-2008, 08:42 AM
ROFL, those drums look so freaking sick!!!

But not any real improvements, just instruments made the way they should have been made the first time around.. and new color scheme? HAHA

Looks good though.. GH:WT it is I suppose.

all the clothes are still gay from what I can see O_O so far, anyways..

xCOBRAx
07-12-2008, 10:56 AM
$300??? u have got to be kiddin me. especially when the electric drum kit it doubles as is junk. i predict hardly any sales and a discontinue just like the mad katz drum kit. Why on earth would you spend just as much on a controller as on the xbox 360 system itself.

soccerplaya13cj
07-12-2008, 05:43 PM
$300??? u have got to be kiddin me. especially when the electric drum kit it doubles as is junk. i predict hardly any sales and a discontinue just like the mad katz drum kit. Why on earth would you spend just as much on a controller as on the xbox 360 system itself.
Actually, 300 dollars for pads is actually pretty high end, considering you buy the brain separately, and the brain cost anywhere from 300-600 dollars.

So, now your looking at a 300 dollar rock band set and a 600-900 dollar drum set, which is pretty nice.

TwistedFate
07-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Actually, 300 dollars for pads is actually pretty low end

Fixed it for you. For a controller it is high-end, but for a drum kit this is just an entry level kit, priced about the same (after you add the brain) as the Yamaha DTXplorer, and Roland HD-1 (which are both a higher quality, IMHO). Alesis makes kits that are cheaper, but you need to buy a kick pedal separately and that drives the price back up.