PDA

View Full Version : What achievements would you like to see? / You expect?

Panda
07-10-2008, 11:59 PM
So I was just thinking about this.. I really liked the Rock Band achievements. They were simple and clear but nowhere near easy. I really hope that the sequel gives us an even better achievements =].

I like how it differed from Guitar Hero's achievements too like.. on RB1 there were no achievements for getting a certain amount of points or notes hit.

I'd like to see even more challenging achievements in this though. Like, completing a tier 8 song as a whole band on expert. Or getting a whole band unison bonus 50 times or something.

What do you guys think?

(Sorry if this should be in the Achievement Discussion thread I couldn't really tell, just seemed more appropriate here too.)

Dex
07-11-2008, 01:32 AM
I'd like to see most of the same solo achievements from RB1 in RB2. Here's a few new achievements that would make me happy:

100% any song with a full 4-person band. (10)
Gold star any song with a full 4-person band. (20)
Gold star any song in the final tier (solo). (30)
Complete a 20-song custom setlist with a friend. (15)
Complete a full DLC album with a friend. (10)
Swap instruments 4 times during a 4-song custom setlist. (20)
Fail a song at 95% or higher with a 4-person band. (5)
Complete a song with a 4-person band, with 3 people failed out. (10)
Save band members a total of 50 times by activating overdrive. (25)
Hit every tamborine/cowbell/clap as the vocalist in any expert song. (5)
Complete an entire tier in solo tour without using any overdrive. (15)
Get all band members in unison 10 times in a row. (20)
Score zero bonus points at the end of a song. (0)

callawayspartan
07-11-2008, 02:44 AM
(1) i think that it was great that they didnt go all guitar hero and make you do all the training stuff for achievements that was very anoying for someone who already knows the game
(2) im not a real fan of going back though and playing all the easy and medium songs but i guess i can see where they are coming from but again very anoying

TwistedFate
07-11-2008, 02:49 AM
Fail a song at 95% or higher with a 4-person band. (5)

Let's leave that one for boys on the GH team.

OldWIKI TIK
07-11-2008, 05:20 AM
(2) im not a real fan of going back though and playing all the easy and medium songs but i guess i can see where they are coming from but again very anoying

Rock Band had them all stackable! GH3 is the game where you had to play them all.

Panda
07-11-2008, 09:21 AM
I can imagine the Tamborine achievement but if that was an achievement what about 100%-ing a solo?

I can imagine an achievement for getting an Awesome Solo for the most difficult one in the game - Rock Band 2's song like GGaHT ^^.

I also like the idea of Gold Starring a song on the final tier.. would be a nice challenge =].

Matrarch
07-11-2008, 03:07 PM
I think more full band achievements would be the way to go. The band feature is what made the game distinct after all. The bulk of points should still be achievable solo, since you can't always find other people to play with, but I would definitely love to get more achievements for playing with a full 4 piece band!

blurbia
07-12-2008, 01:49 AM
It seems like this and GHWT are going to be big enough games that they should be 1250 GS. I mean it's basically 4 games in one.

Play 500 songs (solo or xbox live)

Dex
07-12-2008, 02:13 AM
Play 500 songs (solo or xbox live)
I like that idea. Having achievements for 500, 1000, 5000 songs played would be very cool - not something you'd really strive to get, keep track of, or even find frustrating, but something that would naturally come over time...

I know I've played at least 3000 songs on RB1, including vocal, guitar & drum solo tours, and all the online play (local and online quickplay).

OldWIKI TIK
07-12-2008, 02:20 AM
I dont even feel like guessing how many I have played! I sang Enter Sandman at least 50 times for SOTW.

Matrarch
07-12-2008, 08:49 AM
An achievement like that reminds me of the 100 million points one in GH3. It's intensely frustrating (in my opinion) to go for that in a game with a limited tracklist like GH3, but a points or songs played achievement is more plausible in Rock Band I think. I've probably earned well over the 100 million points in the various Rock Band modes. ^^

Dex
07-12-2008, 10:03 AM
An achievement like that reminds me of the 100 million points one in GH3. It's intensely frustrating (in my opinion) to go for that in a game with a limited tracklist like GH3, but a points or songs played achievement is more plausible in Rock Band I think. I've probably earned well over the 100 million points in the various Rock Band modes. ^^
Plus the BIG IN OREGON that I just gave you.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/dT/fY/1oCLiGJhbC9FCBsFG1lTWTI5L2FjaC8wLzIxAAAAAOfn5-n3N2k=.jpgBIG IN OREGON

Panda
07-14-2008, 02:03 PM

Yeah I agree with this but it seems like RB1 is much more playable that GH3 because.. Well, Rock Band is actually a good game unlike GH3 which gets amazingly old it's unreal.

500 Songs would be really cool online, gives you the chance to find new people for Band World Tour too =].

Poisonheadcrab
07-15-2008, 09:50 PM
I hope they don't have one for getting X score in a certain song (getting 200k+ on cult of personality was a pain for me D: ).

My favorite achievement would be called Ghosts 'n' Goblins (although I would prefer to NOT see it in THIS game)...

basically after you get all the achievements except this one, you unlock this one which is worth a negative score of all the previous achievements put together.

Description: These achievements are an illusion, traps devised by the developers. Make haste to achieve all that you have lost...AGAIN!

Then, to truly get all the achievements, you have to play through the game a second time, which means twice the notes, twice the solos and twice the bull s***!

Sorry, I'm a big retro gaming fan :Bounce:

What The Buck?
07-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Maybe....5 Star 5 songs on Hard or Above

And get rid of the Streak Achivements online!!!

Stupid Quitters ARGHHHH.

Arcanon
07-16-2008, 02:08 AM
12 achievements are givens already, being the Career complete achievements. If there is such a thing as a Solo Bass Tour (which may or may not be awesome, depending on who you are), that's another 4 achievements.

I'd like to see the 4 10-point FC achievements again. They're challenging, but not worth too much, so if one isn't so great on Expert they're not missing much. My Flawless Fretwork/Groove achievements are only 10 each, but they feel as rewarding as Lord of the Strings. I'd also like to see Gold star achievements, but if Gold Stars are the same as in Rock Band, there should be an achievement not just for getting one, but a certain number. Rock Band is a game where I feel the Enlightened Guitarist achievement from GH3, taken literally, would have been easier to get.

Band achievements would be nice, though a full band FC would be hard as hell if not everyone is good...that should be worth quite a bit. Also, overdrive achievements would be nice, such as full band overdrive, saving another member, and unison bonus hits.

LetsGoBlueCrabs
07-16-2008, 07:41 PM
They need to have a Bass Career.

HoodMod
07-16-2008, 07:48 PM
They need to have a Bass Career.
With 70+ songs in the main setlist, I'm not really digging playing through that 4 times, especially since most bass parts are bland.

TwistedFate
07-16-2008, 08:00 PM
With 70+ songs in the main setlist, I'm not really digging playing through that 4 times, especially since most bass parts are bland.

Which is exactly why it wasn't in the first RB. Gonna be a chore to do this one in RB2.

APX
07-17-2008, 02:57 AM
They're going to do something with the bass, so I guess expect a few bass achivements. :D

TwistedFate
07-17-2008, 03:10 AM
They've already confirmed a Bass career, but the way they have Solo and Band play intertwined and the ability to swap instruments means there may not be individual achievements for each instrument anymore. I'm sure there is something, but it may not be what we are all expecting.

blurbia
07-17-2008, 04:14 AM
If they are going to have RB1 songs as DLC I really don't see why they would have more 10 pt FC achievements. Because really then we could just play the same song.

TwistedFate
07-17-2008, 04:38 AM
If they are going to have RB1 songs as DLC I really don't see why they would have more 10 pt FC achievements. Because really then we could just play the same song.

What do the original RB1 songs have to do anything? You still have the same DLC available and a lot of people have gotten the achieves on DLC. But also let's remember, the tutorial achievements have appeared in GH 3 times. I know this isn't GH, but that doesn't mean we won't see repeat achieves. 100% a song on Expert is kind of standard fare for rhythm games.

blurbia
07-17-2008, 06:04 AM
I was just saying how it'd technically be the same exact achievement on two different games because of how we'd be able to do the exact same thing to get those achievements. Good point about Tutorials with GH. Tutorial didn't change at all from GH3 to GH:A. So you're right, the FC achievements will probably be there in RB2.

scooke87
07-17-2008, 08:46 PM
I would like to see an achievement for getting 100% on Spoonman on drums, or just the spoon solo!

DevilGuy
07-22-2008, 05:09 PM
I wanna see more different achievements, like all the achievements are for finishing stuff on solo, or Big in whatever, I want to see like:

- Get a 8x multiplier as a full band.
- Fail a song past 90%, (band or solo)
- Score over 500,000 points from one solo, with only two people in the Band.
- Gold Star a song
- 100% a song as a 4-man band

Just a few, I'm too lazy to think up more at the moment.

I want to see a few achievements from RB1 back in RB2 also.

- The "Big in" achievements.
- 100% in solo guitar, vocalist, bass and drums.

Iv VeNoM vI
07-24-2008, 08:49 PM
they will probablly be almost the same exact ones

RPDfire
07-25-2008, 03:23 PM
I really think they Should keep them the same. It was such a solid list that there really is no need for improvements except for more points on the endless set list achievement.

nightmare975
07-25-2008, 06:41 PM
- Fail a song past 90%, (band or solo)

No, no, no. None of those faggoty achievements from GH thank you very much.

psymatiq
07-27-2008, 12:15 PM
press start at start schreen : 1000g

end tread

Dex
07-27-2008, 01:43 PM
press start at start schreen : 1000g

end tread
Start schreen? End tread?

Considering you have 2 posts overall, I'd suggest you take your time submitting a post. You want to make a good impression.

Attitude and bag grammar aside, If there was a 1000 achievement for just starting the game, I'm sure that wouldn't lessen everyones desire to play RB2 for months and months to come. I've already reached (almost) all the achievements I plan to reach for RB1, but I still pop the game in on a semi-daily basis.

TwistedFate
07-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Attitude and bag grammar aside

What is bag grammar? :p

Matrarch
07-27-2008, 03:26 PM
What is bag grammar? :p

*snicker*

I agree with Dex though. The achievements are a very secondary thing to the game play. While it wouldn't be cool if the achievements were impossible like in GH3, it would not in any way make me play the game less. Rock Band's just that awesome.