PDA

View Full Version : New Info Regarding Rock Band 2 from Game Informer

shiningcheese
07-11-2008, 03:19 PM
I stumbled across a thread in the score hero forums that included hot new scans of Rock Band 2 and the upgraded instruments. Its flashy and all but I highly doubt it is THAT necessary. ill let you see for yourself:

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11340

Take a look at the new limited edition drumset. It is quite ridiculous. But the good news for you drum fanatics out there, it is a standalone drum kit away from rock band. thats right, an electronic drum kit that does double duties as a rock band controller.

scooke87
07-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Also they released 7 more tracks for Rock Band 2.

Almost Easy" by Avenged Sevenfold
"Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett
"I Was Wrong" by Social Distortion
"Livin' On A Prayer" by Bon Jovi
"Rock'n Me" by Steve Miller Band
"Testify" by Rage Against the Machine
"White Wedding Pt. 1" by Billy Idol

shiningcheese
07-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Oh yeah, should have mentioned that lol.

nightmare975
07-11-2008, 05:47 PM
I love the sound of real world merchandising. :D

TwistedFate
07-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Take a look at the new limited edition drumset. It is quite ridiculous. But the good news for you drum fanatics out there, it is a standalone drum kit away from rock band. thats right, an electronic drum kit that does double duties as a rock band controller.

It's only a stand alone drum kit if you add a brain to it. By itself it's just a bunch of practice pads on mounts.

shiningcheese
07-11-2008, 08:03 PM
It's only a stand alone drum kit if you add a brain to it. By itself it's just a bunch of practice pads on mounts.

Exactly. But people who actually have talent or perseverance to learn it, this is a good thing. Personally, I wouldn't buy it but i guess people will... Or just buy to resell on ebay

TwistedFate
07-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Exactly. But people who actually have talent or perseverance to learn it, this is a good thing.

Oh, I agree. Combined with the expanded drum tutorial, this is a fair entry into drumming for real. I just wanted to make sure it was perfectly clear that extra money would have to be spent to make it into a real electronic kit.

Personally, I wouldn't buy it but i guess people will... Or just buy to resell on ebay

I'll probably get it, just because I'm a geek like that. I already have a e-kit so don't need the drums, but it will be neat to play with it and see how good it is as a real kit. The lack of hi-hat pedal concerns me as to it's usefulness as a full featured e-kit, though.

What I'd really like to see is the ability to hook my e-kit up and use it as the controller for RB2.

RiteNowRiteNow
07-14-2008, 07:31 PM
This will easily be the geekiest post on this thread...

My daughters both LOVE how their in-game avatars look in RB1, being able to get a figurine (doll, action figure, whatever) of their in-game avatar will definitely make the coolest gift! (Screw the t-shirts!)