PDA

View Full Version : This game is Impossible...

ShaunMichael80
07-11-2008, 06:11 PM
i mean is it me? this game is like HARD...ive been trying to do these events and i am HORRIBLE..im doing them on training and i cant win 1 event...why are these so hard?

pts100
07-12-2008, 02:11 PM
i mean is it me? this game is like HARD...ive been trying to do these events and i am HORRIBLE..im doing them on training and i cant win 1 event...why are these so hard?

Not just you mate...this game is a bitch

and it hurts.

p0rtfan
07-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Practice makes perfect ;)

You willl eventuallly get better at events, when your hand/fingers get used to what to do, and will move quicker

ShaunMichael80
07-12-2008, 09:59 PM
any tips? i cant place in the top 4 in anything

p0rtfan
07-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Just a couple of general tips.
a tip for running/swimming :

when starting, count 4 seconds, then hold the trigger it will result in a perfect start. I heard it somewhere on the forum and it works a treat. (practice in training mode as you can have unlimited false starts)

When running/swimming/powering bars up :

I find using A + B is a lot lot easier than waggling the analog stick. Either use your middle and index (one next to thumb?) or rotate the controller and use both thumbs. I find using both thumbs is a little less tiring as well as being better, but it is harder to get to the pause button when you need a rest.

Are there any specific events you need help with, if so just ask, il be happy to help.

martdude16
07-13-2008, 08:19 AM
Not just you, this game sucks and so do I.

I managed to get 3rd once.

Shawn Lesane
07-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Just keep playin the game. When i first saw the achievements i thought "okay thats easy as long its like Track & Field, but waiiiiiit what THE HELLL ?!?!?!? ". The controls are a pain but after a short period of time it will become alot easier.

MAXIBHOY
07-24-2008, 09:22 PM
guys its a difficult game but with lots of practice............... you will end up being average at the game and break some WR ( especially javelin ) And by doing olympic game mode you can build up your stats and get WR's easier, then ull get more achievements

Sol76
08-07-2008, 02:31 PM
This game is a pain in the ***
They should use it in Quantanamo bay , I'm sure it would break a lot of terrorists.
Getting easier my *** . Even JAVELIN is a big problem.
When running the 100 meters , my fingers hurt like hell and my time is 15,48 sec. Looks like a one way to my cupboard to collect dust!

HELBRECT
08-07-2008, 04:38 PM
I had a LOT of help when i put on some old biking gloves to waggle i did 3 jumps on long jump and then i got a blister so that's when i got the idea

if your doing something like 100m you need a perfect start but when you get going just waggle like mad i recommend doing 3 or 4 runs then go for something that doesnt need waggling as it hurts ur arms like a bitch after a while.
I'm not really good at this game 3 days and i have 185 gamerscore but start off with events like hammer, discus, floor events and swimming.

DO NOT do anything stupid whilst playing the game, if you start to get annoyed pause and count to 10 or switch it off and come back to the game later because it's one of those games you WILL get angry with i smashed a cd case today and i felt like a D**K
more importantly just have fun :) ;)

Pooontang
08-11-2008, 12:06 PM
This game is a pain in the ***
They should use it in Quantanamo bay , I'm sure it would break a lot of terrorists.
Getting easier my *** . Even JAVELIN is a big problem.
When running the 100 meters , my fingers hurt like hell and my time is 15,48 sec. Looks like a one way to my cupboard to collect dust!

Even with a poor start 15sec in the 100m is a bad time(no offense) have you tried the lazy way of button mashing? Many people use a pen that you rub across the A+B buttons which can be much faster than trying to press the button alternatively with your fingers. This technique only really applies to the sprints as most other events your need to be pressing the triggers or something at some stage

jaybee3
08-11-2008, 12:29 PM
I find the 400m the one that hurts the most....it's just the sustained mashing of buttons for what seems like an age...I got blisters while playing Athens so I now tape my fingers :D I found High Jump, Gymnastics, Diving, Judo and Quickfire the easiest things so far :)

stephenmilne27
08-11-2008, 07:24 PM
at first i found this game extremely tough, but now after practice it gets easier!

for the running events i use the analog stick and smash it left and right with the palm of my hand

swimming i use the a and b because that seems to be easier for me

Denny Crane
08-16-2008, 05:05 PM
phelps said this shit was harder than winning 7 golds in one olympics...