PDA

View Full Version : Question about trading technologies...

maxwellconinious
07-11-2008, 10:10 PM
If a country wants to go to war with you, but they give you the option of giving them technology that you have for X turns of peace, do you completely lose that technology? Or do you keep it, and the other country is able to use it?

Kuroda
07-12-2008, 01:07 AM
You keep it, but the enemy has it now.

Rolyatkcinmai
07-12-2008, 01:10 AM
Sure I'll teach you irrigation!

Shit guys, I've forgotten how to irrigate now.. Anyone remember how?

Yeah, obviously you keep the tech lol.

Tym
07-12-2008, 02:52 AM
The standard strategy I've been reading on the forums so far has been "don't give the AI anything!" I've stuck to that and have just recently started King difficulty and I've been getting pummeled. Worked fine on Chieftain, if that's any help.

eXtreme 1138
07-12-2008, 10:32 AM
The standard strategy I've been reading on the forums so far has been "don't give the AI anything!" I've stuck to that and have just recently started King difficulty and I've been getting pummeled. Worked fine on Chieftain, if that's any help.

It depends on the situation doesn't it, if a few more turns of peace would be invaluable and the price isn't too great, say to finish resarching a tech or building adequate defences, then by all means give them what tech they want. I would never give them a great person though they are just too useful and often the amount of money they ask from you is extortianate so I usually refuse that offer as well.

birdshake
07-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Consult with your advisors when they threaten you. They will usually give you good advice. Basically, If you have a buff army tell them you're not afraid of their threats and then have a good amount of armies defend your cities.

Tym
07-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the tips, guys, I'll give it a shot. King difficulty is just wiping the floor with me.

eXtreme 1138
07-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the tips, guys, I'll give it a shot. King difficulty is just wiping the floor with me.

Lol, you'll get used to it. I used to find chieftan hard on my first couple of games. Now i have a 1000G in this game :D. Practice makes perfect, I guess.