PDA

View Full Version : Great game, but the multiplayer is positively horrible.

Rolyatkcinmai
07-12-2008, 04:52 AM
Why? Why create such an awesome game only to leave the multiplayer completely option-less and basically useless?

I want to team up with my buddy and just have some fun pummeling AI.. NOPE. You have to play 2v3 on mega insane deity x11 difficulty where all three AI will declare war on you within 3 turns.

Want to just 1v1? Nope, you have to play 1v1vAIvAIvAI with God, Jesus, and Moses apparently playing against you.

This just infuriates me, because previous Civs have had pretty decent MP.

birdshake
07-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Im the other side - I thought the Multiplayer on Civ Rev was wayyy wayyy wayyy better than that of it's PC counterparts. Civ Rev has even been mentioned for it's great multiplayer in many reviews.

I was playing with a friend on teams the other night over live and it was him and me vs 3 comps and I was trying to figure out how to change the difficulty and you're right, you can't. However whatever the difficulty was we easily one by domination without much effort.

Le Smash
07-12-2008, 02:11 PM
It's all about each individual person. The thing that bothers me is that in the previews it said you can play simultaneously without turns, and I haven't found out how to possibly do that yet, which pisses me off because the jerks you play with always take the full minute to just sit there and look around the map instead of ending their turn and saving valuable hours of my life

Roaming Dragon
07-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Thats just unlucky, you shouldn't part base your decision on whether or not the Multiplayer is bad or good just because of a few Dousche's sitting around probably playing with themselves while you sit there waiting to play.

As for the Multiplayer, yeah i haven't found a way to change the difficulty but it doesn't matter; you can team up with your buddy's an take on the AI or just take on everyone.

I understand how hard the online is but thats the challenge, wheres the fun in beating the shit out of a defensless AI; when in turn, you can use strategie to win.

-Roaming Dragon

Pyrrhonist
07-13-2008, 04:11 PM
I want to team up with my buddy and just have some fun pummeling AI.. NOPE. You have to play 2v3 on mega insane deity x11 difficulty where all three AI will declare war on you within 3 turns.

This was my experience in my first few games online, as well. A few buddies and I want to just play the game amongst ourselves, sans AI and sans random people online. The Civ series, IMO, isn't made to just have an all-out warmongering fest---but the multiplayer seems to think so. :mad: Perhaps the PC version will remain the sole multiplayer version for me, then. :(

Xc0mmand0
07-13-2008, 04:41 PM
I have only played once online with my friend, and we didn't even get to finish. We constantly lagged out, but they do have a feature to rejoin with everything the same. We were disapointed that we couldn't trade technologies with each other as well(team). Other than that, the AI was constantly fighting my friend while I was racking up the gold. It might be more fun if it was 4 player with friends, but me and my friend are the only to have it. I'll probably play again later today, of course after I rack up the achievements.

eXtreme 1138
07-13-2008, 05:58 PM
I wish there was more customization available and more interactivity between player civs.

shaneonoke
07-13-2008, 10:45 PM
The AI online are dumb

lowfatsnack
07-14-2008, 02:55 PM
I think the multiplayer is pretty good but only if it is with your friends. I hate playing with complete strangers on that game... I do believe that they should update because my friends and I ran into a couple errors with lag and such but we did get into some long matches.