PDA

View Full Version : bad controls or bad controller?

sonicrazy
07-13-2008, 02:30 AM
Sometimes when I play the controls act really jumpy. Sometimes when I try to "spin the frog" it just points in random directions as if I was using the d-pad. I have to spin the right thumbstick to somehow correct the problem on the left thumbstick.

Otherwise, I don't have any problems, and the left thumbstick doesn't act weird in any other games. But is it still my controller, or does everyone else have this problem?

godless_commie
07-13-2008, 04:11 AM
I get that problem sometimes, too. I just pause and rotate the control stick a few times. Nothing worse then losing 'cause your hardware had dance fever.

los carnales
10-05-2008, 06:04 PM
I try not to rotate the left thumb stick at the beginning of the level until I see the ball in the stone frog's mouth. I wish they would fix this but nothing annoys me more than trying my best with caution to get out of trouble only to lose my focus because a friend decided to sign in and the pop up sign appear right where I need to shot.

Can they just relocate the announcement to the upper section or to the side like in other games?

geordiedeviant
01-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi, just posted this in another thread about controls being a bit rubbish. Your description sounds much like what has happened to me many times.

If you mean by sometimes the pointer gets slightly erratic and you occasionally cannot make certain directions then I have a tip.

Pause the game
hold down your guide button for 3 seconds
turn off your controller
return on the controller by holding the guide button down briefly

The controller then recalibrates itself and you should see improvement.

I think it might have something to do with when you start a level, the joystick is not centered perhaps. Probably not but reminds me of the time I accidentally used to turn on my PS2 unaware that the analog stick was held down in one direction because the controller was upside down on the floor. Unplugging the controller then replugging it in reset this and all was good.

Hope this helps. :)

YouTube Freak
03-30-2009, 04:09 PM
I had the same problem with the left analog stick, but it worked with the right one.