PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! How do you a Domination Win on Deity?

G3neral D1sarray
07-13-2008, 09:29 AM
I need help. I have found ways to win on Deity for the oter 3 types of Victory. Does anyone have any idea how to win a Domination victory?
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

eXtreme 1138
07-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Luck is a key element as with any match, but also its all about location especially in the early stages of a game.

Anyway here is roughly how I got mine. (seen as you asked nicely :P)
Scenario: Beta Centauri
Civilization: Romans
Not quite sure why I chose Romans but I was originally going for a cultural victory and it seemed they had pretty good abilities for this type of win. (Beta Centauri begins in modern era so you will get them all right from the off)

Enemies: Egyptians, French, Aztecs, Greeks. (order i pwned them in lol)

Ok, so like i have said its all about location when you want to get a city going. If you can't find a good location early on reload and hope you do second time. You're gonna want some mountain regions for good production in your first city as science research and wealth accumulation aren't as important in this scenario, and some plains squares for city growth. Put the city workers onto production and change governments to monarchy (i find having lots of culture really helps with a dom win). Build a temple and cathedral, then a courthouse. First great person i got was a builder so i decided to use him to immediatley complete manhattan project ( i'm always paranoid about other civs getting this wonder so i build it first). Other good wonders to build are Military-industrial and the magna carta. You should then build facrtories, workshops etc to increase your cities production rate and some modern infantry to defend.

When you get settlers from your economy send them to start another city in another similar area, and build up that city as you did to ur capital (excluding the wonders obv) make sure they defended by some infantry as they can get captured by barbarians.

Then explore the landscape, you should have some good culture going and you're people should be sofisticated, if there are any enemy cities close by then they might flip :D. I got lucky also by having a few Humanitarians in a row, four i think, so they boosted culture production and flipped a few egyptian cities till only thir capital was left, by now i had a few artillery armies supported by tanks and i overran the egyptian capital.

I won't go into much detail from here on in as the match was quite long and wouldn't want to bore. The french had lots of smaller cities which were easy to takeover, flipped some they're bigger ones and evntually nailed Paris with heavy bombardment.
I made sure the captued french cities had adequate defences and i built even more armies in them, when I was ready to take on the aztecs they had a small empire but well defended, only two cities. so Artillery defended by tanks/infantry was needed (as usual, really) along with naval support (cities were next to sea) and spies disrutping defences. Aztecs didn't stay standing for long.

The Greeks then were on a lone island which i eventually discovered with a battleship fleet carrying tanks aboard. they only had athens it seemed, which i nuked :D and then marched with tank armies to capture it. (nuking a capital will destroy all defences and reset it to size 1, meaning you can walk right in with pretty much any unit.)

Well, I hope that helps. if you have any questions just ask and I shall do my best to answer. :)

G3neral D1sarray
07-13-2008, 11:35 PM
Thx dude. Anyone else got an idea?

MadMikeD420
07-14-2008, 12:11 AM
Actually I pretty much used Gevexx's strategy from the guide, and it worked. Of course there's some ingame tweaking that needs to be done, but the most important thing was the initial rush to take out atleast one civ, since that leaves you with 3+ cities and one less enemy to worry about. A thing I noticed too was if you leave everything but their capitol(which almost always needs a catapult army to get through), they pretty much stop moving up the tech tree, leaving them with their archer army.
During my game, I was able to take care of the Romans to my right with my initial, single warrior army(lucky infiltration upgrade). Then I made another 2 armies and moved south to take out 2 Indian cities, and 1 Chinese city. Picking off random warriors and legions help with upgrades, but I got lucky and picked up a really early general and another infiltration upgrade, which let me mow down the Indians, and the other Chinese city(needed catapults to get in the Chinese capitol). From there the Chinese didn't research anything else, so while i got catapults and knights, they just put up a wall for their archers. Then it came down to just Germany and me, but they were conveniently on another island, quietly building up the tech ladder, so when i got there, their riflemen and tanks shut my catapults and knights down. At that point I put all my cities(12 in total from TOTAL DOMINATION) into science, shooting up towards battleships,artilleries and infantry since its the naval support that can make or break a battle. I used a great person to take over one of their cities, and relocated my units there, where it was an easy victory. My city layout started with production for the first 15-20 turns or so, then everything on balanced, then science when the Germans beat me back. Great people were coming and going, settled them into my major cities and used them to instantly create wonders and research advanced techs. It wasn't so bad, I had a harder time rushing out a victory by 1000AD in King difficulty then this.

teej
07-14-2008, 12:55 AM
yeah I just finished my domination deity win about 5 minutes ago. It took me about 3 hours to complete lol. I read over extreme 1138 and did a something similar to his.

Scenario: Beta Centauri
Civilization: French
I started out buiilding an army to defend my city. I changed everything to gold right away to make money and speed things up. Like extreme said, find a good place to settle your two cities. Build them both away from the sea if possible but more importantly, build them on the mountains. Change government to monarch. I built a library, courthouse, then got the magna carta. I then started to make the manhatten project. I got lucky and finished it earlier because of a great person. when I reached i think 200gold I made my other settlers settle right across from me near the mountains. I made sure they had some defence also. When my cities were doing ok, I built the Howitzer's and spies only. I did not build any cruisers, planes or anything else unless I needed them(in which I did not never need them). I placed around 2 armies of infantry on each city. I then started to build up howitzer armies and spies. I would just go through city by city eventually taking over the city. Now, the method I used, I lost a lot of howitzer armies. I lost a lot and sometimes it did take a bit to take over a city. But I would always eventually take it over.

This is a very vague destription on what I did but this worked well for me. If you have any questions, post below and I should see them. I hope this helps someone.

And thanks extreme for your strat, your strat is what I basically based mine off and it worked great for me.

Rolyatkcinmai
07-14-2008, 04:01 AM
Yeah, I used Extreme's method and it worked well. Still a hard fought match though, and had to use my nuke on one of the Mongol's large cities (their capitol had nuke defense) in order to thin their ranks, as they were on an island and seriously hassling me.

It took about 3-4 hours, but it was entertaining at least! Sometimes you can just surround a city and cut off their production, and then just absolutely overwhelm them with units, even if yours are crap compared to their vets.

Devolon
07-14-2008, 11:15 AM
My 2 cents: you should use an aztec civilization: their military units heal automatically after a win, which is very helpful.

Adoukusa
07-14-2008, 05:32 PM
My 2 cents: you should use an aztec civilization: their military units heal automatically after a win, which is very helpful.

Agreed - I got mine using the Aztec's on a Blitzkreig scenario. Helped a ton during the early part of the games

Le Smash
07-14-2008, 07:16 PM
french are the easiest to win with on any difficulty, their culture is so amazing that you'll have 20 people before half the technologies have been discovered, just make sure you get modern infantry ASAP to defend your cities, then slowly but surely your culture will take over any city near you, then when you have enough cities to make certain that you're in control, make sure your defenses will hold and go on the offense. Use spies, naval support, etc. You're gunna need it

iskoot
07-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Achievement Guide has been updated for a domination victory.

Psil0X
07-18-2008, 06:51 PM
I remember getting this by mass producing bomber airplanes and just keep pounding one city at a time while having a really solid defence stacked up in my own cities. So advance slowly and hope for your culture to take over some cities like the people above mentioned.