PDA

View Full Version : isnt it annoying when

robnroll
07-13-2008, 05:36 PM
your armies stand there and do nothing at all while the enemy takes full advantage and wipes them out even though your soldiers have the advantage....is there any way round this?

Tym
07-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Not sure exactly what you mean. Do you have your army just sitting there and not "defending?" You may have better luck hitting the X button while they're just standing around and you can activate them later.

eXtreme 1138
07-13-2008, 05:47 PM
I think i know what you mean, during the battle your soldiers just seem to stand there while the enemy pummels you slowly. It happens to me, It's because the game has already decided who wins and loses a battle right from the begining of the battle, you could get them down to one man and then watch that lone trooper destroy 3 of your tanks. No way round it, it's all down to luck :(.

Classic Jackson
07-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Yeah, that has happend to me before. It's really dumb :(

Rolyatkcinmai
07-13-2008, 07:35 PM
This game is like playing war with pokemon cards. There's a hint of strategy, but there's also a boat load of luck.

REDBEES
07-14-2008, 01:11 AM
the game really wouldn't be the same if there wasn't a chance of losing...

IceWarm
07-14-2008, 01:18 AM
I don't have my units outside of a city normally. Unless I'm attacking another city that is. I prefer to have my units in a city and defending.

shaneonoke
07-17-2008, 12:37 AM
the warriors need to grow a pair

graf1k
07-17-2008, 09:02 PM
I don't mind losing when I have the advantage occasionally, but here is what I do mind.

1) Having an almost 3-to-1 advantage (i.e. my attack is 90ish and their defense is 30) and losing multiple times. I mean that's just not logical anymore. If I don't have at least a 2-to-1 advantage, I'd say there is a 60% chance I'll lose the battle which is just stupid.
2) Having an entire army beat by 1 unit.
3) Almost never winning a battle in which the opponent is favored. I say almost because they will give it to you when it's some stupid little units you don't even care about.

ColossalKiller7
07-17-2008, 10:31 PM
I don't mind losing when I have the advantage occasionally, but here is what I do mind.

1) Having an almost 3-to-1 advantage (i.e. my attack is 90ish and their defense is 30) and losing multiple times. I mean that's just not logical anymore. If I don't have at least a 2-to-1 advantage, I'd say there is a 60% chance I'll lose the battle which is just stupid.
2) Having an entire army beat by 1 unit.
3) Almost never winning a battle in which the opponent is favored. I say almost because they will give it to you when it's some stupid little units you don't even care about.
Exactly.
But I hate something more than odds. When my Artillery get stabbed by Pikeman and die. Or when my bombers get shot. I guarentee my bombers will not get shot thousands or even hundreds of feet in the air. The game should be realistic tanks are bulletproof. You need something like artillery or another tank to defeat them. This game also should have added AA guns and have the archers actually be on the wall.
I know I was all over the place in this post, sorry.

KabuKiArcade
07-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Personally I kind of like it how it is, Civilization for the PC had these advantages you were talking about, pikemen had a bonus against horsemen, artillery had a bonus against tanks, etc, and it made for some frustrating battles when you hadn't researched anything beyond calvary and the enemy towns were impossible to take due to pikemen defense. I too cringe when my artillery army loses to pikemen but with naval support and picking your upgrades carefully you can largely work around this.

I do think this game leans too heavily on the army... on the harder difficulties there is no point to using a single unit, even spies you need to make a spy ring to defeat a fortified enemy spy.

Besides there is always the chance for more units in a DLC, it would be nice to have expended navy/air options, right now to kill an enemy battleship fleet you need to use a bomber wing with naval support of your own.

While we are talking about this, what's the highest defense you've ever come across? I once had to attack a modern infantry army with 150 defense, but my personal best is 172 I think with the extra loyalty upgrades.

REDBEES
07-17-2008, 11:20 PM
I've gotten 172 with my fully decorated modern infantry, I think that would be the maximum

Xc0mmand0
07-18-2008, 03:56 AM
I've gotten 172 with my fully decorated modern infantry, I think that would be the maximum
That is without naval support. I had veteran, leadership, engineer, loyalty, medic(that or scout were my choices), general, naval support, and a wall. I was freaking out when I saw the numbers. I don't think they attacked me again.