PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a band/band members? Post here!

APX
07-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Ok, so I know people who are new to Rock Band will wait for Rock Band 2, like me.

So I was wondering, this might be a good time to make a thread for future new bands/old bands looking for members.

Now since i'm new to the online part (I only played a local game at a party) I was wondering if anybody is looking for a band member or are willing to make a new band?

I'm good, not saying i'm "EPIC GODLY GOOD, I GET 100% ON ALL SONGS" But I can handle some tough songs. I can be either a bassist or guitarist, drums... I never tried playing, so that might take me some time, vocals... don't bother, I have a deep voice and no singing talent/experience, so yeah. :(

So yeah, maybe this can be stickied for future members with bands who want to continue on from RB 1 to RB 2. :D

Matrarch
07-14-2008, 10:50 PM
There was a thread similar to this when the Europeans finally got to bask in Rock Band's warm glow. Basically everyone posted instruments, proficiency, what they're willing to play and times they play at. So you'd get a post like:

Guitar/Bass: Expert
Drums: Hard
Vox: Expert

I'm usually able to play from 7PM Eastern time through the evening. I also have about 80 DLC tracks. I'll play just about any instrument so hit me up if you see me online!

People can post there dlcquickplay profiles so you can find people with similar DLC.

Then people would just form bands. I think this is a good idea, that it might be early to do that for RB2 since people tend to float in and out fairly frequently. Still, I'm always up for playing Rock Band online. :)

Matthias42
07-14-2008, 11:52 PM
lets hope you can get the band achievements on live now

APX
07-15-2008, 12:19 AM
There was a thread similar to this when the Europeans finally got to bask in Rock Band's warm glow. Basically everyone posted instruments, proficiency, what they're willing to play and times they play at. So you'd get a post like:

Drums: Hard
Vox: Expert

I'm usually able to play from 7PM Eastern time through the evening. I also have about 80 DLC tracks. I'll play just about any instrument so hit me up if you see me online!

People can post there dlcquickplay profiles so you can find people with similar DLC.

Then people would just form bands. I think this is a good idea, that it might be early to do that for RB2 since people tend to float in and out fairly frequently. Still, I'm always up for playing Rock Band online. :)

Just send a friend request and when I get RB 2 we can play. :D
I would get the first one, but I don't have over 300 for both songs <.< I barely have 120 for RB2. :(

YanksForTheWin
07-15-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm interested in this as well. I'm pretty good playing guitar/bass now, I'm not great, but not bad either. I'm able to play most songs on hard now on the guitar, as I play more I'll upgrade to expert. I can play a lot of bass songs on expert but I'm sure a lot of people can.

KP Shockwave
08-13-2008, 04:48 AM
You can absolutely hit me up, my gamertag is Seamus The Jedi.
Drums: Expert
Singing: Forget it

I'm available most of the time. My classes are usually over by about one.

nightmare975
08-13-2008, 05:36 AM
Guitar: Hard (Some Expert)
Bass: Expert (Who isn't?)
Drums: Easy
Vocal: Easy

I'm not so good at the rest of the stuff.

Feel My Rage
08-28-2008, 12:05 PM
GT: Scourge of Eden

Guitar: Expert
Bass: Expert
Drums: Hard/Expert
Vocals: Hard (a little expert too)

Yeah, for some reason I'm multi-talented....hehe

Anywho, I'm up for playing anything really, but if you draft me for drums, just gonna warn you ahead of time that I havn't played drums in a while, so I'll need to warm back up.

Matrarch
08-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Another idea to help people find bandmates is for someone to just create a silver tag called something like "x360a Rock Band 2" Then everyone who wants to be on the list can become a friend of the silver tag and we can just use the friend of friend feature to find other x360a rockers when in need of bandmates.

TooMuchCowbell
08-28-2008, 02:28 PM
I'm looking to do BWT online with someone when it comes out. Doing it alone is going to be pretty boring. I'm getting it on release.

Vox: Hard
Drums: Hard (last couple songs in RB1 took some practice)

I'd rather do guitar or bass, but if anybody has an opening in a band I'll take it.

braddelo
08-29-2008, 02:47 AM
BradDeLo

Guitar/Bass - EXPERT and beyond
Vocals - Hard? I can do expert I guess but I don't like singing at all.
Drums - EXPERT and beyond (my favorite!)

animeaddict42
08-29-2008, 04:30 AM
I'm getting it on the 14th, but I cannot promised I will be available, I have a couple of people who MIGHT be getting it generally quickly as well. I'm still up for being in multiple bands, so
narutonut123
Drums - Expert
Guitar/Bass - Expert
Vocals - Medium/Hard

TooMuchCowbell
08-29-2008, 04:35 AM
Yea, I already posted my info but I might not be available right away on the 14th, a couple of friends might want to play it and my sis will probably wanna sing a couple songs at the beginning.

xCOBRAx
08-29-2008, 10:37 AM
i have a question, is there any idea on whether or not you are exclusive to one online band or not? i ask only because it seems like a lot of sever space that hmx would need in order to keep track of every single online band and their progress. Im just wondering if once you start a band to work on achievements, are you locked into that band or can you play in multiple bands.

TooMuchCowbell
08-29-2008, 11:31 AM
In addition to Cobra's question, how exactly will it work? Like, if 2 guitarists and a drummer start an online band, will the 2 guitarists be able to play while the drummer is not there? I know HMX were getting rid of the band leader thing, but seems like that's the only way for online. And if you CAN progress your band while another member is not there, won't they miss out on achievements and other opportunities?

Feel My Rage
08-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Another idea to help people find bandmates is for someone to just create a silver tag called something like "x360a Rock Band 2" Then everyone who wants to be on the list can become a friend of the silver tag and we can just use the friend of friend feature to find other x360a rockers when in need of bandmates.

Thats a good idea Matrarch.I just might do that to help you all out!:woop:

Well, It'll have to wait though........I'm in school at the moment....bleh....

Feel My Rage
08-29-2008, 11:48 AM
In addition to Cobra's question, how exactly will it work? Like, if 2 guitarists and a drummer start an online band, will the 2 guitarists be able to play while the drummer is not there? I know HMX were getting rid of the band leader thing, but seems like that's the only way for online. And if you CAN progress your band while another member is not there, won't they miss out on achievements and other opportunities?
Sorry for the double post...but.....

I think it'll be like Rock Band 1 where you could be a part of multiple bands( i had one guitarist in like, 6 bands....), and also, in the first one if someone missed an achievement(i.e. 'Big in Moscow', 'Big in New York', ect) all you would have to do is play one gig in that city and it would unlock for the person that was missing

TooMuchCowbell
08-29-2008, 12:07 PM
Ok, good, I just wanted to make sure that you can advance the band with not all band members there.

Sorry for all the questions lol but, is your band still going to be binded by difficulty? IE if one person is on medium, but the rest are on expert, they all get screwed over.

JMills109
09-05-2008, 05:55 AM
Ill have the game on like the 17th or so since Ill be out of town that weekend.

Hit me up about some BWT, I Can do Guitar pretty well, and probably could swing bass but I've rarely played it.

Guitar/Bass:

Expert/Expert

Drums/Vox:

I can pass expert but that's about it.

Here's the DLC I have, also ScoreHero for Guitar is linked to it:

http://dlcquickplay.com/xbox/jmills109

blurbia
09-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Iggister

Guitar: Expert
(33 out of 45 Gold Stars for RB1 main setlist, 5 starred all 58 songs)

Drums: Expert up to Tier 5-6
Vocal: Can beat Expert, but not well
Bass: Expert

Prefer Expert only band, as I enjoy going for gold stars.
But I only have about 20 DLC songs.