PDA

View Full Version : Get Any Victory on Deity -Simple but long

CucciKutta
07-14-2008, 09:40 PM
As you should have read in this forum, Beta Centauri is an excellent way to earn the “one city” achievement and the “twenty victories” achievement. May I direct your attention to two other scenarios: Apocalypse and Eternal Kombat. I played these two scenarios on Deity last night. The deity achievements had previously made me very frustrated and angry, but that was all fixed with these scenarios. You see, with these scenarios the AI is at war with you, but the AI is also at war with everyone else. Finally the AI has the same problems as you: Bismark at her door with Panzers and Moctezuma at her door with artillery. With everyone at war with everyone you can finally research and produce things without being out-paced by Isabella who somehow has a wonderful “working” relationship with everyone. I’m kinda attracted to her and Catherine, by-the-way. She’s chesty.
Anyway so yeah, Apocolypse and Eternal Kombat.
On these two scenarios everyone is fighting everyone giving you the benefit of only needing to defend yourself from the few warriors that make it through the land bridges. The best offense is a good defense. Oh did I mention you should do this with the Greeks? Do this with the Greeks! The greeks have democracy which is like cheating it’s so good and a veteran hoplite army can defend against a tank army! I usually build a hoplite army in the three cities that the game starts you out with and then for the next hour I do nothing but build buildings for population and resources and science (with priority in that order). I never really built any troops except for one occasion where a hoplite army actually got defeated and needed replacement. I rushed the cultural building much later in the game. If you do this correctly the population makes up for a lack of banks and markets and you will soon have the cash to rush items (like walls, build and rush the walls as soon as you can). My basic building strategy was: If it can be built in less than ten turns, build it; if it can be rushed, rush it. The three cities they start you with are almost always in good positions for gold and production. You will likely be far ahead of the other societies earning perks for being first to discover things. This is exactly why the AI builds the space station so fast in other scenarios or maps; they are not fighting. Build a galleon as soon as you can and get to Atlantis. Even on deity the AI seems to be uninterested in finding Atlantis and in this hectic mode I even found that Cambodian artifact on an island.
Okay so you're discovering tech and what not and the enemy is too dumb and spread thin to attack your hoplites in stacks, now what?
You should just use common sense to build what you build but here are some important things I picked up
>> Goal: Get to Masonry first so that you get a free wall in your capitol
>> Goal: Get to combustion and mass production BEFORE you build Shakespeare’s Workshop. Then your hoplites will be modern infantry with all the perks they gained from defending for centuries. Deity attackers rarely if ever defeated my modern infantry (but they did beat them up so have at least two armies in each city)
>> Goal: Do not let your most outward city get too cultural until you can defend a new territory easily (IOW: Not 'til you have the economy to rush the construction of walls). In the meantime build your wonders in your cities who’s borders are not competing with enemies'. Remember your walls will defend them from a culture flip. Trust me, they don’t have Hollywood.
>> Prioritise population growth or production
>> Hang on to the original three cities, do not settle new cities. You will eventually be able to culture flip cities, but I never took over cities by force until I was so rich and dominant that I couldn’t be stopped. And even then I only did that for the domination victory and even then I only attacked capitols (all you need is capitols for Domination).
Apocalypse proved an easy domination victory. Eternal Kombat proved an easy tech victory however, while building the pieces of the space station, I saved my game. I later went back, canceled the space station and won an economic victory and repeated for a cultural victory.

For domination I simply built stacks of artillery armies (about ten to twelve) which I parked next to cities along with two modern infantry armies and one spy ring in the same square. A smart leader will use his oldest infantry army which used to be a hoplite. That unit probably has a general and leadership by now which will augment the artillery and the spies. Get the stack near the capital in a forest or hill preferably and wait til the next turn to attack so you can use everyone in one turn. Break up the defenses with the spy ring. I have never seen the enemy make a spy ring, so your ninja ladies will kick the defender’s butt, plus the general will be there in his jeep. You will lose some artillery. Get comfortable with that. The good news is the first three will soften up the toughest infantry defenders. If you have veterans, use them after the defenders are weaker than 100 defense strength. If you have options to upgrade your artillery, always go ninja first if possible. Remember, for Domination, all you need is the capitol. That player won’t be 'eliminated' but you will be done with him/her for victory purposes.

Sadly, if you get all their great people (which I did) you still may not get the achievement (which I did not), because they will not activate until after you have won the victory.
Any tips on getting Frederick Douglas?

CucciKutta
07-14-2008, 09:47 PM
:uzi:Also take note that this took a while. Although you do very light fighting, I played from 12:30am to 4am and was late to work today. It was a whole lot of pressing B to wait for the next turn and watching attackers fail or attackers kill each other in between turns.

I also left out my use of tank armies. I had tank armies in each city towards the end of the domination game to break up the few artillery stacks that appeared once it was down to just me and two other powers. It may not have been necessary, but I felt a little preemptive attacks where good measure (and you have to build something with all those captured capitol cities once you've built every building).

shaneonoke
07-14-2008, 11:29 PM
ive had a spy ring with a great general lose to one spy

CucciKutta
07-15-2008, 03:18 AM
yeah, I've seen some sad spy v spy fights online. Especially against the Japanese. I think when it comes to the Japanese, deity, and/or the fundamentalism gov't close or even fights will be lost. Fortunately the modern infantry guys will slaughter attackers even on deity. This strategy was centered around my realisation that the modern infantry slaughter attackers and the AI doesn't make large stacks to attack with.

MartiniKiss
07-16-2008, 06:40 PM
great strategy ill have to try it out when i get enough free time :)

Tieg
07-17-2008, 01:28 AM
As you should have read in this forum, Beta Centauri is an excellent way to earn the “one city” achievement and the “twenty victories” achievement. May I direct your attention to two other scenarios: Apocalypse and Eternal Kombat. I played these two scenarios on Deity last night. The deity achievements had previously made me very frustrated and angry, but that was all fixed with these scenarios. You see, with these scenarios the AI is at war with you, but the AI is also at war with everyone else. Finally the AI has the same problems as you: Bismark at her door with Panzers and Moctezuma at her door with artillery. With everyone at war with everyone you can finally research and produce things without being out-paced by Isabella who somehow has a wonderful “working” relationship with everyone. I’m kinda attracted to her and Catherine, by-the-way. She’s chesty.
On these two scenarios everyone is fighting everyone giving you the benefit of only needing to defend yourself from the few warriors that make it through the land bridges. The best offense is a good defense. Oh did I mention you should do this with the Greeks? Do this with the Greeks! The greeks have democracy which is like cheating it’s so good and a veteran hoplite army can defend against a tank army! I usually build a hoplite army in the three cities that the game starts you out with and then for the next hour I do nothing but build buildings for population and resources and science (with priority in that order). I never really built any troops except for one occasion where a hoplite army actually got defeated and needed replacement. I rushed the cultural building much later in the game. If you do this correctly the population makes up for a lack of banks and markets and you will soon have the cash to rush items (like walls, build and rush the walls as soon as you can). My basic building strategy was: If it can be built in less than ten turns, build it; if it can be rushed, rush it. The three cities they start you with are almost always in good positions for gold and production. You will likely be far ahead of the other societies earning perks for being first to discover things. This is exactly why the AI builds the space station so fast in other scenarios or maps; they are not fighting. Build a galleon as soon as you can and get to Atlantis. Even on deity the AI seems to be uninterested in finding Atlantis and in this hectic mode I even found that Chinese artifact on an island.
Okay so your discovering tech and what not and the enemy is too dumb and spread thin to attack your hoplites in stacks, now what?
You should just use common sense to build what you build but here are some important things I picked up
>> Goal: Get to combustion and mass production BEFORE you build Shakespeare’s Workshop. Then your hoplites will be modern infantry with all the perks they gained from defending for centuries. Deity attackers rarely if ever defeated my modern infantry (but they did beat them up so have at least two armies in each city)
>> Goal: Do not let your most outward city get too cultural until you can defend a new territory easily (IE you have the economy to rush the construction of walls). In the meantime build your wonders in your cities who’s borders are not competing with enemies. Remember your walls will defend them from a culture flip. Trust me, they don’t have Hollywood.
>> Hang on to the original three cities, do not settle new cities. You will eventually be able to culture flip cities, but I never took over cities by force until I was so rich and dominant that I couldn’t be stopped. And even then I only did that for the domination victory and even then I only attacked capitols (all you need is capitols in Apocalypse).
Apocalypse proved ab easy domination victory. Eternal Kombat proved an easy tech victory however, while building the pieces of the space station, I saved my game. I later went back, canceled the space station and won an economic victory and repeated for a cultural victory.

For domination I simply built stacks of artillery armies (about ten to twelve) which I parked next to cities along with two modern infantry armies and one spy ring in the same square. A smart leader will use his oldest infantry army which used to be a hoplite. That unit probably has a general and leadership by now which will augment the artillery and the spies. Get the stack near the capital in a forest or hill preferably and wait til the next turn to attack so you can use everyone in one turn. Break up the defenses with the spy ring. I have never seen the enemy make a spy ring, so your ninja ladies will kick the defender’s butt, plus the general will be there in his jeep. You will lose some artillery. Get comfortable with that. The good news is the first three will soften up the toughest infantry defenders. If you have veterans, use them after the defenders are weaker than 100 defense strength. If you have options to upgrade your artillery, always go ninja first if possible. Remember, in Apocalypse all you need is the capitol. That player won’t be “eliminated,” but you will be done with him/her.

Sadly, if you get all their great people (which I did) you still may not get the achievement (which I did not), because they will not activate until after you have won the victory.

I will say I had reservations....I didn't think it was going to work...but had 3 hours to spare so I tried using the strategy for my diety cultural victory...hats off to you...it worked like a charm...and I set myself up with a decent save so now I'm off to get my economic on diety and believe using the same save I'll get my domination as well on diety....hats off dude...he's right, it take a little bit to get established and its slow going at first but then it just seems to bypass all the other civs...key is to get good positioning on your initial cities...I share the continent with at least 3 other civs but my cities were surrounded on 3 sides by water so could only get attacked from 1 side...and those hoplites were KILLER. Heres a :drunk to you dude. Well let you know how it worked on economic and domination.

Sleezy M F E
07-17-2008, 03:19 AM
Thanks, that worked great for me, awesome advice.

teej
07-17-2008, 03:49 AM
wow man thank you so much for posting this. This worked so well for a culture win. I followed everything you did for the most part. Except I worked a lot of culture in with the other things I needed to build up. I only stopped building wonders and buildings I needed when there was an upgrade defense ppl. But this strat worked great for a deity culture win. Now all I need it Homer for to complete my Great people and get my 1000gs. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Tieg
07-17-2008, 05:18 AM
I will say I had reservations....I didn't think it was going to work...but had 3 hours to spare so I tried using the strategy for my diety cultural victory...hats off to you...it worked like a charm...and I set myself up with a decent save so now I'm off to get my economic on diety and believe using the same save I'll get my domination as well on diety....hats off dude...he's right, it take a little bit to get established and its slow going at first but then it just seems to bypass all the other civs...key is to get good positioning on your initial cities...I share the continent with at least 3 other civs but my cities were surrounded on 3 sides by water so could only get attacked from 1 side...and those hoplites were KILLER. Heres a :drunk to you dude. Well let you know how it worked on economic and domination.

Well its been a few hours but I did accomplish the economic win (just shifted from science to gold and was done in about 20 turns from my save point) and then I reloaded up and went for domination....took forever but that worked as well...now I just got a few civs to win with and the before 1000ad one and I'm golden with 1000gs. Thx dude.

CucciKutta
07-19-2008, 03:48 AM
I'm glad it worked out for everyone!
1000 points feels real nice -especially when all your unemployed friends are so far ahead of you

Sporty Flea
07-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Hey, just wanted to throw in my two cents. for the diety wins up until tech I was following the achievement guide for the culture/eco/domination, and it worked fine for me, but I got pissed off at the tech one. And I remembered pre-having bought this game reading this thread so I came back, and tried this methed for the tech. It seems like a lot of deity is based on luck of placement, and enemy placement. So it took a few trys before I got situated but I had to say, getting situated with this method was a lot harder for me then the guides method, but once I was passed the hump in the game (namely for me, when I built the workshop and got a tank army while the enemy still had rifleman) it was an easy, easy tech win.

So I guess the point of my post in summery is that the Achiement guide is easier to get 3/4 diety wins, but this method while possibly harder, can get you all 4 with one save file, which is a very nice feature.

So for all those fustrated with how the guide suggests to do the tech win, I suggest you try this, I was able to destory 3 civs with that single tank army, lol.

Sticky perhaps?

realpoor
08-02-2008, 05:10 AM
Used this tonight, got one more achievement left...the one where you gotta win by 1000AD, will have 1k'd my first game this weekend with Civ!

flyghboy
08-08-2008, 05:15 AM
On these two scenarios everyone is fighting everyone giving you the benefit of only needing to defend yourself from the few warriors that make it through the land bridges. The best offense is a good defense. Oh did I mention you should do this with the Greeks? Do this with the Greeks! The greeks have democracy which is like cheating it’s so good and a veteran hoplite army can defend against a tank army! I usually build a hoplite army in the three cities that the game starts you out with and then for the next hour I do nothing but build buildings for population and resources and science (with priority in that order). I never really built any troops except for one occasion where a hoplite army actually got defeated and needed replacement. I rushed the cultural building much later in the game. If you do this correctly the population makes up for a lack of banks and markets and you will soon have the cash to rush items (like walls, build and rush the walls as soon as you can). My basic building strategy was: If it can be built in less than ten turns, build it; if it can be rushed, rush it. The three cities they start you with are almost always in good positions for gold and production. You will likely be far ahead of the other societies earning perks for being first to discover things. This is exactly why the AI builds the space station so fast in other scenarios or maps; they are not fighting. Build a galleon as soon as you can and get to Atlantis. Even on deity the AI seems to be uninterested in finding Atlantis and in this hectic mode I even found that Cambodian artifact on an island.
Okay so you're discovering tech and what not and the enemy is too dumb and spread thin to attack your hoplites in stacks, now what?
>> Goal: Do not let your most outward city get too cultural until you can defend a new territory easily (IOW: Not 'til you have the economy to rush the construction of walls). In the meantime build your wonders in your cities who’s borders are not competing with enemies'. Remember your walls will defend them from a culture flip. Trust me, they don’t have Hollywood.
>> Hang on to the original three cities, do not settle new cities. You will eventually be able to culture flip cities, but I never took over cities by force until I was so rich and dominant that I couldn’t be stopped. And even then I only did that for the domination victory and even then I only attacked capitols (all you need is capitols for Domination).
Apocalypse proved an easy domination victory. Eternal Kombat proved an easy tech victory however, while building the pieces of the space station, I saved my game. I later went back, canceled the space station and won an economic victory and repeated for a cultural victory.

For domination I simply built stacks of artillery armies (about ten to twelve) which I parked next to cities along with two modern infantry armies and one spy ring in the same square. A smart leader will use his oldest infantry army which used to be a hoplite. That unit probably has a general and leadership by now which will augment the artillery and the spies. Get the stack near the capital in a forest or hill preferably and wait til the next turn to attack so you can use everyone in one turn. Break up the defenses with the spy ring. I have never seen the enemy make a spy ring, so your ninja ladies will kick the defender’s butt, plus the general will be there in his jeep. You will lose some artillery. Get comfortable with that. The good news is the first three will soften up the toughest infantry defenders. If you have veterans, use them after the defenders are weaker than 100 defense strength. If you have options to upgrade your artillery, always go ninja first if possible. Remember, for Domination, all you need is the capitol. That player won’t be 'eliminated' but you will be done with him/her for victory purposes.

Worked like a charm. After trying all the other strats I found, this helped me get all of the deity achievements as well as the great people one, which unlocked right away for me, oddly enough. Thanks.

tadpeters
08-09-2008, 09:19 PM
I had my smaller city get taken over despite having hoplites stationed there. Not sure what happened. They just kept spamming troops after troops at my city and it was just stupid.

The straw on the camel was, again, having tons of hoplites stationed in my major cities and just trying to work on expanding my city's research. They brought catapults and destroyed me in a few turns. Ummmmmmmmmmmm...

I have been playing Civilization and Age of Empires a long time and this game is fun because I'm an old fan, I'm just trying to figure out your strategy. Are you supposed to have tanks AND hoplites on defense in your cities? Or something else?

EDIT: I'm trying for the tech win, btw. The one poster above said it was the hardest so I'm glad for that. I already have the economic and cultural victory achs. I just need domination and tech.

A Satyr
08-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Pretty good advice, i will try this when i can. But if you need an economic win nothing is faster than Beta...

DM FoE
08-09-2008, 09:57 PM
This worked amazing for me, Thank You.

Now to just get those last 2 great people..

tadpeters
08-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Well obviously I'm missing something here. I'll try it again since everybody else is saying it works so good. Maybe it is totally random depending on where your cities / enemies spawn at the beginning. Eh.

A Satyr
08-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Try to get an island, i love being on my own island...

Kekvit Irae
08-10-2008, 06:35 AM
I was trying my damnest to get a Deity Tech victory with Lightning Round, and after several losses, I tried this alternate technique. It worked like a charm, because everyone was too busy going at each others' throats to bother with tech. The Americans managed to get ahead of me once, but I lucked out when they switched to Fundamentalism, giving me a much needed boost ahead of the pack. The only problem I ran into was that the Americans built Oxford and gained Flight (this was during the medieval period), and started pounding me into dust with their Mustangs. Thankfully, my capital held out long enough for me to get Modern Infantry, and the one city they tore apart was on an island (the AI is apparently too stupid to exploit an empty city on an island). I came back with a vengeance with my Manhattan nuke, which forced the balance of power from the Americans to the more-manageable Egyptians.
Finally, an easy Technology victory.

CucciKutta
08-12-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm not sure what went wrong here. The key to this is to totattly ignore your thirst to expand and just keep your three original cities while the computer beats the crap out of one another. The very first thing you need to do is build hoplite armies and have them defend. Do nothing else until you have those armies defending your cities. They are more or less unroutable. Even by catapults. Are you sure you have been building armies and not just units? You don't have to have tanks. I built tanks sometimes to attack approaching artillery before they got to my cities, but that is not really necessary -I just wanted something to do with all those turns you have to wait through. You should also upgrade you hoplites to modern infantry when the time is right. If you have tanks, the time is probably right (even though I defended a spitfire attack with hoplites a few times, but that was pushing it).

I had my smaller city get taken over despite having hoplites stationed there. Not sure what happened. They just kept spamming troops after troops at my city and it was just stupid.

The straw on the camel was, again, having tons of hoplites stationed in my major cities and just trying to work on expanding my city's research. They brought catapults and destroyed me in a few turns. Ummmmmmmmmmmm...

I have been playing Civilization and Age of Empires a long time and this game is fun because I'm an old fan, I'm just trying to figure out your strategy. Are you supposed to have tanks AND hoplites on defense in your cities? Or something else?

EDIT: I'm trying for the tech win, btw. The one poster above said it was the hardest so I'm glad for that. I already have the economic and cultural victory achs. I just need domination and tech.

DeeperSilence
08-12-2008, 01:48 PM
ive had a spy ring with a great general lose to one spy
That is the worst! I hate that.

tadpeters
08-16-2008, 05:21 AM
Okay I am back again and going to try this once again. The tech wins are the last achievements I need so here goes to trying your method once more. I realize that most if it involves luck of being on an island by yourself or something like that. We'll see what happens.

A Satyr
08-16-2008, 05:40 AM
Worked well my own way with eternal combat, got all 3 other victory's i needed and i got the domination by luck because the Zulus finished the world bank the turn after i captured the last capital and i still got an automatic dom victory. Good tip on the scenario.

tadpeters
08-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Okay it took me about 9 times to restart the map at the beginning because the random starting points were so horrid. I started out next to another civilization every single time and then finally it randomized two of my cities on a small island by themselves and my big city on the main coastland. I feel I got verrrrry lucky because from the beginning the Japs, Zulus and Spanish were having huge clusterfuck battles right outside my city walls up until I won the game. They attacked me maybe 6 times through the entire game with single armies, nothing more.

For anybody having trouble with this scenario just do yourself a favor and restart the map if it places you in a bad spot or next to somebody else. If you get a message from another leader in the first few rounds then just restart IMO. It never worked out for me when I was placed beside somebody else. Despite having legions of hoplites, they'd bombard me with catapults or some other counter in my previous attempts.

The whole time I played the Japs flew their planes right beside my city and just stopped them there and they disappeared, presumabely to run out of fuel. I'm not sure if the OP found a glitch or if this is the game's way of telling the AI not to attack because we're far more advanced and far higher up the food chain than them. At either rate, I'm grateful that the OP found this.

I definitely recommend the Greeks without a doubt. I never once found myself "stuck" or "trapped" or "bombarded" by the enemies it was completely clear sailings for me the entire way through. I got a little nervous when I saw the 10+ Jap samurai/horse armies and the 10+ spanish armies standing right outside my walls, but they didn't do jack except stare at my city and just move on which I found out to be rather humorous. Just to be on the safe side, save your game every once in a while.

Also, I don't think it is mandatory but I also built Leonardo's Workshop AFTER the modern troops like the OP said and it worked great. I also built Manhatten Project so they wouldn't be able to nuke me and I built the wonder that gives you a future research that way none of the AI would have a wild card up their sleeves. I made sure to build masonry first so that I had walls which I believe is one of the more important things to this strategy.

I stuck with the hoplites and made two armies (6 individual hoplites) for each of my cities and it worked fine this time. Once I got to about the tank era, I started adding some tank armies and kept racking up free troops for being the first researcher. I just parked them all in the city closest to all the action just in case.

I also believe that the AI judges its attacks on what troops you have defending the city. I am probably wrong, but if you stick with hoplites when they have gunpowder and flight they may slaughter you. I'm probably wrong on this, but I noticed that they were being a bit more aggressive (heading straight towards via fighters) on one of the cities on my small island when I was slacking off on the troop usage and only had a set of hoplites. When I threw in some tank armies and modern troops they backed off and never tried to attack me again and I guess either flew away or ran out of fuel.

Sorry for the long post but I just thought I'd throw my two cents in. Thanks OP.

Now I just need to find a way to get Cheops and I'll have the 1k.

morpheusreds
08-17-2008, 08:25 AM
I'm playing Apocalypse and have completed research on space station and is now in future tech. However, there isn't any option to build the parts for the space ship in any of my cities. Desperately need help here.
Thanks.

Kernel
09-24-2008, 03:23 AM
It was pretty easy achieve tech victory on deity using your guide, I got it in my first try. Thanks.

Red Rowdy 360
09-26-2008, 10:06 AM
As soon as I get some free time I'll try it, sounds good especially if you make a save in the middle and win on every type.

Crusader828
09-28-2008, 06:29 AM
this should be good ill try it tommorrow

Domantos
04-30-2009, 12:05 PM
This is the best idea I have seen in a long time, can't wait to get a chance to try it out =D
Thank you so much for sharing this one!

/Domantos

Domantos
05-03-2009, 03:51 PM
I have tried 'eternal combat' now and it was the best thing ever. Due to everyone fighting all the time, I had the time to research and build myself up. Just made sure I had a spy-ring and two defensive armies in each town. I did loose one town at some point, but still I managed to get all my deity victories out of it. Had a field day with this one =D

Thanks again for the tip, this should be included in the achievement guide ;)

/Domantos

big red marino
05-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Awesome to the OP...Been struggling with Tech Deity achievement for so long. Tried numerous LIGHTNING strategies and no luck at all. I even built the great library, found Atlantis and had noone attack in one scenario and still lost by a landslide. I was close as I strayed from developing my tech towards space flight. I was actually building my deep space craft about 5 turns after India (they were on a complete Island) was building the BANK. So I started a war against them and it must of slowed them down. Also, I happened to be on a Penisula that was aways from everyone so I was never attacked, just week attackers sitting outside my door. Also, I had the ARK and Atlantis near by. I was never able to build any of the early wonders, such as Oxford or the Library. India had them built well before I had COMBUSTION and MASS PRODUCTION. Plus I forgot to switch to science later in the game. However, when it came down to it I got the achievement.

Domantos
05-04-2009, 06:12 AM
I'm just soooo happy that I came across this thread. Had been trying Deity random scenarios for quite some time now, but they always ganged up on me and someone else always won. But with the 'Eternal War' scenario made it possible, just because they were always fighting so no one got a chance to get too far ahead. Was a bit annoying at the start, when they sent endless skirmishes of small armies towards me. The bonus is that your defence units become very experienced fighters =)
Now I just have to get on home and win with the last ten civs =P

/Domantos

Razzattack99
05-27-2009, 09:55 AM
not a bad plan, mate, hope it helps others

DivinityCycle
06-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Thanks a lot for this strategy. My one missing achievement was a tech victory against the rediculous Deity AI. Eternal Kombat with the greeks FOR THE WIN! Its nice to finally put this game to bed :)

pirri
06-24-2009, 08:29 AM
I play Apocalipse Scenario on Deity mode, I finally reserch all techs and I reach 31.000 gold but I can't win on economic or technological how can I do,
I search future tech than my Scientist find it and than they ask to search one more time future tech?What that?

Halfang
06-29-2009, 02:34 AM
Although I haven't used your guide completely, I did the tech victory with the greeks using mortal kombat (great tip).

Defend yourself to death, and then build everything for techs. Once you have free time in the cities, build for gold.

I had the possibility of researching the manhattan project in 18xx, and had finished the game by 1960 sending off the space station. With all the money I assembled (almost for the economical victory, around 17000), I rushed the space station (took about 6 turns with the 3 cities being rushed with space parts).

Thanks for the great tips!

Halfang
06-29-2009, 02:55 AM
I play Apocalipse Scenario on Deity mode, I finally reserch all techs and I reach 31.000 gold but I can't win on economic or technological how can I do,
I search future tech than my Scientist find it and than they ask to search one more time future tech?What that?

Apocalypse only has Domination victory.

chriscutis
07-01-2009, 12:54 AM
Thank you so much for this. I did Eternal Combat and got Tech and Dom victories...I followed your guide and got the Tech victory culture flipping one city, and I got the Victory on King+ with one City as well. Then I just reloaded the save before I launched the station and followed your tips to get Domination. I only had to attack one city on my landmass, all the others culture flipped, then I just went and got the other capitals. Thanks again!

Citizen Evil
08-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Wanted to echo how awesome this strategy is. Played the Greeks on Eternal Combat. It was my first time playing Deity as well as playing for the Deity achievements. Have gotten a Culture and Economic Victory so far with this save file, am waiting on the Tech Victory, and then I'll tackle the Domination Victory last.

Picking the Greeks for this particular scenario is genius. You gain their unique defensive unit as well as Democracy's science/gold bonus, and since you take a very defensive stance to begin with, there is no need to declare 'war' on anyone (until later when I plan to switch governments to go for the Domination Victory). In fact, just picking this scenario and civilization is all you need for win. On my second turn, I lost my smallest city to a culture flip and still have done just fine. The Hoplite army stood up well in the early going, and they get upgrades real quickly with all the armies that are thrown at your cities.

Because I lost one city early on, I did create another city by taking the Settlers that come at 100 gold and setting up a new city on a deserted island. I maxed this city out with all the science/gold upgrade buildings since it was surrounded by water anyway.

And basically that's about it. After about the first 10 turns, I was always the first civlization researching a tech to begin with, so I got all of those freebies.

This strategy is so good that it makes playing on Deity look like a piece of cake! Thanks OP!

NokkonWud
10-07-2009, 01:16 AM
I have 30/20 cultural people, 45,000 in cash, maxed out the tech race yet I am unable to finish any of these by building any wonders (Space Race/World Bank/Nations), anyone have any idea?

Playing Apocalypse.

Enosh Kasra
10-15-2009, 04:49 PM
I can also say this works. I played as the Greeks on Eternal Kombat and got all 4 victories with the same game by reloading certain saves. I was lucky that on the very first map generated I had all my 3 cities by themselves on an island so nobody ever attacked me, but the French were way too advanced to win. However, I researched the Manhattan Project first so I put the nuke to good use in Paris. That bought me some time and very slowly, city by city, I captured everything Napoleon had. By that point he had eliminated two other civilizations, so it was a three-horse race at that point.

It took A LOT of time, I did it in the course of three days, but it wasn't too hard and I had plenty of fun playing it.