PDA

View Full Version : Almost impossible to get 200/200....

ClevelandRocks8
07-14-2008, 11:29 PM
I have 40/200. (4/12)

I can never make enough Starclusters to get a black pearl, let alone 6.

Suggestions?

ratherbeinsane
07-16-2008, 04:01 PM
lets have a cry session cause neither can i. :(

b3nnyth3gr33k
07-16-2008, 04:53 PM
lets have a cry session cause neither can i. :(

:whs:whswhat the thing said

Dstrukt
07-17-2008, 01:18 PM
I have 40/200. (4/12)

I can never make enough Starclusters to get a black pearl, let alone 6.

Suggestions?

www.hexic.info

Read young grasshopper and soon you will be flying through Hexic with some practice.

ClevelandRocks8
07-31-2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks, I'll try this.

SuperGLS
09-02-2008, 03:16 AM
I've just been playing over and over and over again. At the beginning I was like you, I didn't think I could ever get more than 40. I don't play every day or anything, but a couple times a week over the last year that I've had my 360.

Tonight I got my highest score ever after playing for a year. I almost got the cluster of black pearls tonight. I had 2 black pearls and 6 starflowers, but I messed up and made a cluster of starflowers on accident. Then I fought back to 5 starflowers but couldn't get the last one I needed to try to make the third black pearl.

Anyway, just keep playing and you'll get better.

Achiever TM
09-20-2008, 07:05 PM
i can get 5 black pearls with 16 starflowers..
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68783
post #4

BCPotter
10-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Just keep playing. Try to have a plan of what you're trying to immediately accomplish on your screen. I'm missing 3 achievements (100 games, pearl cluster, pearl flower), but have come close several times to getting that pearl cluster. Practice makes perfect though.

I just started playing again and those damn achievements will be mine.

GrAgOt
10-09-2008, 10:10 PM
it's not impossible :p
focus on getting starclusters in the first level. then try to use only starclusters to create even more, this way u won't combo and won't level up so quickly

InfernoFrY
10-12-2008, 12:53 PM
got the cluster one this morning just keep at it you'll get better

Skillet
10-12-2008, 01:33 PM
I gave up on Grand Pearl Poobah and Big Cheese of the South Seas.

Achiever TM
10-13-2008, 08:17 AM
this way u can get 5 black pearls at once!
http://www.ondaground.net/flash/hbb/index.php?p=aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaxxaaaaaxax aaxxxaxaaxxaaaxaxaaxaxaaxxaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
here u can see the result:
http://www.ondaground.net/flash/hbb/index.php?p=aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavaa aavavaaaaaaaaavaaaavaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
so now u just need one more black pearl to get your poo-bah

big red marino
10-29-2008, 05:03 PM
Felt the same way...stuck at 20/200 forever. Watched some strategy on Youtube and made my first black pearl last night. Got 100/200 now and ready to get my pearl cluster...I think the timed game achievement will be most difficult...but I hear making a black pearl gives you 10,000 pts times the level you are on.

Eternal
12-23-2008, 04:48 AM
I got Poo-Bah and Big Seas by luck :p

awesomepizza
01-21-2009, 05:14 AM
I wish I could delete this game off my Xbox record. I really should have never started playing because I just hate puzzle games, but now I have 40 of 200 that I have no desire to ever complete.

Revix
01-22-2009, 03:57 PM
I have 155G and im proud of it (Forget getting the 200)

Zeth07
01-23-2009, 07:36 AM
I just got Big Cheese of the South Seas after having my 360 and this game since Launch. When i first had my 360 I played a lot, then I would play on and off over the years. Recently i decided to actually try and get Big Cheese or the Grand Pearl and found out about Hexic.info.

I tried using the Grid systems and I would get really close to setting up a nice grid when a random bomb would show up in the worst possible place and ruin my game. Over the last 2 weeks I probably played 10 full games of trying to setup a grid and losing.

Tonight I decided to try and just get Big Cheese without concentrating on making a grid and surprisingly it worked out. I even had my Stars and Pearls on the bottom and just really worked towards making each Pearl individually. I think for the last Black Pearl i did setup a semi-grid based thing and finally managed to get it. I think the game was like 86 minutes. I'm kinda proud of it.

----Achiever TM----
I might actually try that out with the Black Pearl setup thing you showed. Sometimes I manage to get a lot of Stars into nice columns but once i start moving them into the grids the bombs show up and ruin me. However, this setup looks like it'd be a lot easier to manage with the Star Walking. If I had 5 Pearls like that i'm sure I could concentrate hard enough to get 1 more to finally get Grand Pearl Pooh-Bah setup.

rook44
01-23-2009, 03:46 PM
i recently got a new 120GB HD, so i'm having to make a reutrn into the hell that is hexic...my hat's off to you guys with 200 in this god-forsaken game.

Zeppelin
01-24-2009, 01:29 AM
www.hexic.info (http://www.hexic.info)

Read young grasshopper and soon you will be flying through Hexic with some practice.

This is seriously the best link I've seen in years.

I was so close to setting up the masters grid an hour ago, but messed up in the end. I'm confident I will get it now though. I can't believe how easy it is to generate silver stars once you get your grid working. :)

Zeth07
01-24-2009, 05:22 PM
I finally managed to get Grand Pearl Pooh-Bah. I didn't try and do what Achiever TM suggested because for once I actually managed to get the entire 4 x 4 grid (technically the 5 x 5 grid) setup. Once I had the full grid setup I was able to replicate oldtaco's Youtube videos almost move for move.

It's really nerve racking. I'm not good enough to get everything setup in the early levels like some of the better people can, so I had to deal with it all the way on level 6 i think it was. Bombs weren't ever really an issue, it was the Colored Stars that i had to pay attention to near the end. Then I almost blew it because right after i made my 6th black pearl and re-setup the entire grid so I could easily move them, I screwed up almost an entire column of the grid near the top. Fortunately, where i planned on gathering the Black Pearls didn't get effected by that particular mistake.

All i need now is the 100 games of Hexic and i'll 100% it. Hexic is definitely hard to 100% but it's not as impossible as some of the old school XBLA titles. If you can manage to setup 1 of the grids you are pretty much in great shape as long as you pay good enough attention to whats going on.

Tom115
01-24-2009, 05:24 PM
i hate hexic i've only ever made 1 black pearl and when i did it i was chuffed but could never do it again oh well.

Achiever TM
01-24-2009, 11:44 PM
I finally managed to get Grand Pearl Pooh-Bah. I didn't try and do what Achiever TM suggested because for once I actually managed to get the entire 4 x 4 grid (technically the 5 x 5 grid) setup. Once I had the full grid setup I was able to replicate oldtaco's Youtube videos almost move for move.

It's really nerve racking. I'm not good enough to get everything setup in the early levels like some of the better people can, so I had to deal with it all the way on level 6 i think it was. Bombs weren't ever really an issue, it was the Colored Stars that i had to pay attention to near the end. Then I almost blew it because right after i made my 6th black pearl and re-setup the entire grid so I could easily move them, I screwed up almost an entire column of the grid near the top. Fortunately, where i planned on gathering the Black Pearls didn't get effected by that particular mistake.

All i need now is the 100 games of Hexic and i'll 100% it. Hexic is definitely hard to 100% but it's not as impossible as some of the old school XBLA titles. If you can manage to setup 1 of the grids you are pretty much in great shape as long as you pay good enough attention to whats going on. i am glad 4 you :drunkthe game is hard till u understand how to play the game, then is a "relaxing game", i play it very often to relax

Zeppelin
01-26-2009, 03:21 AM
Finally got the Pooh-Bay, much thanks to hexic.info and the Master's Grid. I did fuck up my grid after making my fourth black pearl, but instead of trying to rebuild it I decided to try to make the last two pearls from the remaining silver stars. And it worked out great. Now I only need the 100 games...

Kuroi_Shichi
02-20-2009, 10:23 PM
I have 155G and im proud of it (Forget getting the 200)

I agree with you! I so want that 45 but it is ONLY 45 Gamerscore and so it can be missed...

IceKingz
02-21-2009, 12:32 AM
I got the 200/200 not too long ago. Tips, definately check out Hexic.info first and in my opinion forget the beginner's grid and ONLY focus on the master's grid. If you need both Big Cheese and Pooh-bah, you can do them in one run: YouTube - Hexic HD, Grand Pearl Pooh-Bah AND Big Cheese
This is me by the way on the day I got it. Just take a second and plan it out to get both a cluster and star in one. Also, I used the master grid and continually stacked up pearls at the bottom but in this video I had completely trashed my grid on the remaining stars because making just one pearl on the grid makes it VERY tough to fix.

Tom115
02-21-2009, 12:53 AM
I find it hard to make even 1 starflower, so making 6, moving them around to form a black pearl without making them combo then repeating 6 more times and moving 6 black pearls around without making them combo seems like, impossible. And I don't see how people can set their grids out to make hundreds of starflowers with one move. This game is hard.

JMills109
02-28-2009, 08:44 AM
Just got Grand Pearl Pooh Bah after a couple days practice, although I'd like to point out that using the formation in the Roadmap guide only netted me 4 black pearls instead of 5 as it says you should get. Im 100% certain I made the exact formation in the guide.

Anyways, got the achievement that game anyways, but it was a bit of a mess as I obviously had no grid to speak of. Anyone else have this happen?

AK Punk
03-01-2009, 01:53 AM
Kind of mean of Xbox to give us the one of the hardest games to complete for free. :(

Achiever TM
03-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Just got Grand Pearl Pooh Bah after a couple days practice, although I'd like to point out that using the formation in the Roadmap guide only netted me 4 black pearls instead of 5 as it says you should get. Im 100% certain I made the exact formation in the guide.

Anyways, got the achievement that game anyways, but it was a bit of a mess as I obviously had no grid to speak of. Anyone else have this happen?
Yes happened to me a few times, and once it only gave me 3 black pearls (no bonus), so i can tell you 4 sure that sometimes that happens (i think that happen when the combo black pearls are made with a starpiece in the middle of the silver pieces) but most part of times it will award you 2 bonus black pearls..

I SUSHi I
03-08-2009, 04:04 AM
i accidently deleted this game from my hd, is there anyway i can get it again? cause i really want to get 200 in it. i dont care if if i have to pay

o PsYcHoKiLl o
03-08-2009, 09:10 AM
I deleted it accidently,too. Just call MS and explain what happened, worked fine for me ;-)