PDA

View Full Version : 1000ad

birdshake
07-15-2008, 05:06 PM
I have every single achievement now except for the win by 1000 AD one. Looked in the guide and it doesn't have a method yet so can anyone suggest one to me? Thanks

Devolon
07-15-2008, 05:31 PM
There are multiples threads on this topic already but here we go ;): For a domination victory:

- choose Blitzkrieg scenario, use the zulus (+1 movement) or aztecs (auto-healing),

- focus on military research, try and get monarchy + feodalism (you'll need knights), religion (fundamentalism helps), and spies.

- Save very often. From -4000BC to 0, 1 turn = 100 years, from 0 to +1000 AD, 1 turn = 50 years, which means that you have 60 turns. Explore the map with your first warrior units (that's why zulus are helpful). If the other civs are too far away, restart your game.

- Don't bother with the small cities, you only need the main ones. Once you have claimed a city, build an army of archers to protect it if it's near the frontline, then switch to cavalry + catapults + knights + spies.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Projekt
07-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Got a domination victory by 200 BC and no unlock..... But thanks for the tips, it worked well! had a legion force upgraded with a general and catapults and cleared out 3 sets of army archers with them.

lowfatsnack
07-15-2008, 09:44 PM
I get so mad at this stupid achievement because if I ever try to attack a city right off the bat with a warrior army they always end up getting killed by one warrior!
My friend got the achievement on his first try and I have tried like 10 times and still havnt gotten it. :(

teej
07-16-2008, 03:54 AM
if I remember correctly, I just started a normal game on king difficulty and chose the zulu. I only built warriors and send then around. I build armies when groups were close to each other and make sure you can get a galleon. I will help when you when you have a city that it split by water.

I just built a lot of armies and split them up attacking different cities at different times. You want to attack 3 or 4 warriors/armies at a time. If you jus attack 1 army/warrior unit at a time, you won't do much damage. This worked well for me and I think I finished my game by 600ad.

REDBEES
07-16-2008, 05:42 AM
I think this achievement requires you to get a bit of a "lucky spawn", I've gotten the deity achievements which were a bit challenging, but this one eludes me so far after a couple tries. I've found myself giving up around 200AD because it seems my impi armies aren't going to do it anymore

lowfatsnack
07-16-2008, 06:12 PM
I think this achievement requires you to get a bit of a "lucky spawn", I've gotten the deity achievements which were a bit challenging, but this one eludes me so far after a couple tries. I've found myself giving up around 200AD because it seems my impi armies aren't going to do it anymore

I know what you mean.... :(

Aaronc281
07-20-2008, 05:16 PM
This is a really annoying achievement! I have tried quite a few times and stil haven't got it!!! I always seem to get a really bad spawn. I usally give up at about 500A.d because i just can't reach the other civs in time!!!

http://card.mygamercard.net/gel/Aaronc281.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/Aaronc281)

Retail 1000Gs – 1250Gs

|| Lego Starwars: The Complete Saga || Lego Starwars II: The Original Trilogy ||
|| Mass Effect || Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare || Gears of War || Halo 3 ||
|| Assassin’s Creed || G.R.A.W. 2 || Oblivion || Bioshock ||

Retail 750Gs – 999Gs

|| Civilization Revolution || Overlord || GTA IV || G.R.A.W. || Transformers || || Splinter Cell D.A. || Spider-Man 3 || Ninety-Nine Nights || Fight Night Round 3 ||

Arcade 200Gs-250Gs

|| Carcassonne || Small Arms ||

Arcade 150Gs – 199Gs

|| Prince of Persia || Aegis Wing || Sonic the Hedgehog || Worms || Catan ||

merschdawg06
07-21-2008, 12:07 AM
I just used Aztecs on Blitzkreig and I won by domination in 1900BC...trust me, Aztecs and their auto healing is a timesaver and lifesaver. Also, I made sure I had good geography to begin with(I literally spawned 2 tiles away from a capital).

Hentai Otaku
07-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Eternal Kombat is what got it for me as the aztecs(combat heal ftw), i actually had a bad starting place(only one of the four other nations was placed near me) but what i did was save the very first turn and start researching horsemen and put all my city's on building stonehenge 3 turns later after horsemen was researched i switched them all to horsemen(so the production that i built up from the wonder was used on the horsemen and not wasted on warriors) use your warriors to explore and start pumping out horsemen as you start reseaching fuedilism for knights. use your horsemen army and knight armys when you get them to completely steam roll everyone. i would suggest building barracks because for the most part it seems vetern horsemen can beat archer armies most of the time.i got a little lucky since i got a great builder and used him to insta build the samurai castle(+3 attack helped) and at the end i switched to fundamentalism for another +3. a final tip save before you attack, while reloading and attacking from the same position always gets the same result, reloading and attacking from a another tile or waiting a turn may give you a victory and at the very least you save your army from being wasted. make multiple saves and pray for luck, cause that's the biggest factor.
-note: also building a road from one of my starting to cities to a captured enemy city that i was using as a "forward base" to gather units into armies that was near where the other nations where helped

shaneonoke
07-21-2008, 11:48 PM
make sure you are on king

Physco Ty
07-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks everybody this really helped a lot

Tieg
07-22-2008, 08:04 PM
This strategy at this link:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=82511
Worked well for me. Again its a long read...but I think it only took me maybe 20-30 mins to do the game. I learned a lot about managing my workers with the customize tab. REALLY helpful.

birdshake
07-26-2008, 11:51 PM
It's been almost two weeks since I posted this and I still don't have it. I've tried every method on here. I always end up running into some hoplites or like last time had one last enemy WAY OUT on a island by himself and couldnt get to him in time.

lol. i will try again until i get it though. thanks everyone for the replies

birdshake
07-26-2008, 11:52 PM
make sure you are on king

Haha yeah. I tried like five times until I realized I had to be on king. -.-

Malembe
07-27-2008, 05:23 PM
I don't know how all the one's that got the achievement did it. I tried like 10 different thing's what everybody say's like wooww this is the way. WELLL not for me non of the hints are working for me. So if annyone could let me know what realy works that would be realy nice. and btw check my gamelist if you need boosting with anny game

Physco Ty
07-27-2008, 07:06 PM
I don't know how all the one's that got the achievement did it. I tried like 10 different thing's what everybody say's like wooww this is the way. WELLL not for me non of the hints are working for me.

This is how i felt i was so piss at this one achievement i ended up doing Devolon tells you to do in the beginning, after about 20 or so trys i finally got it, i finally found out its all about the respawns if any ones on a island don't try and always form armys