PDA

View Full Version : 2 Achieve's in one go??

skitz79
07-17-2008, 11:32 AM
hey lads is it possible to get these two achievements in one play through below, like if i play as shevchenko for Ukraine get the captaincy & qualify? these seem very similar thought id ask to see if they have to be done in dif modes?

sorry if this has been answered before i cudnt find it so here i am =]

Inspirational Captain 45
Qualify for UEFA EURO 2008™ as captain of a country which has never qualified (solo only)

First Time Qualifiers 25
Qualify for UEFA EURO 2008™ with a team that has never qualified before (solo only)

p0rtfan
07-17-2008, 01:00 PM
No im afraid you wouldn't, as First Time Qualifiers must be done in Euro 2008 mode. I have listed the most efficient and quickest way to get all the CYC achievements below.

My Tip : 1st playthrough, play as Milan Baros (Czech rebublic). You will get lead form the front, and win the finals aswell, scoring tonnes of goals, and you will get Retain The Golden Boot ( Play as Baros and retain the golden boot)
NOTE : In this playthrough, let the Quarter finals of the final tournament go to penalties, and make sure you score (penalty achievement)

2nd Playthrough: Play as a midfielder for Greece, win the finals and you will get (lead from the middle, and one i cant remember the name for, im sure you have to win the tournament as greece)

3rd playthrough : I plyed as a defender for Poland, but you could use Ukraine, and just qualify to unlock, Lead From The Back, and Inspirational Captain.

4th playhtorugh
You only need to play 2 games really, start as a 7th seeded team ( i used the Faroes) and use a striker to get loads of goals and earn captaincy. Then just win the next game and get (win as captain of 7th seeded team)

NOTE : In any of the playthroughs, get a free kick and score it (cant remember achievement name, but there is one.) First, make sure your the captain, and set yourself to take freekicks. Get the ball and run to the 18 yard box, then turn around and have your back toward the goal. A defender will usually foul you and give a freekick in a good position. Aim it at the same side as the goalkeeper right in the corner, and use LB + B for a powerful shot, just don't power it too hard.

I think this covers all the CYC achievements in the best way to do them to save time.

skitz79
07-17-2008, 01:34 PM
fnx dude for quick reply with extremely helpful & detailed explanation much appreciated mate =]

neeker75
07-18-2008, 09:10 AM
For the 3rd playthrough, play as San Marino (7th seed) and you'd get all the remaining achievements. On easy it's almost impossible not to score in every game. I got like 32 goals as a defender when doing mine.

p0rtfan
07-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Yes well spotted, ah i only wasted time on an extra 2 games