PDA

View Full Version : tips for singing and playing bass on expert?

AJT48
07-18-2008, 02:52 AM
im currently going through bwt with a buddy who can plays bass on hard, but he can do so only barely and i have to save him a lot. i can play guitar, bass, and vocals on expert. at some point, i want to do the endless setlist but i dont know anyone who can play anything on expert, so im sort of screwed unless i can learn to play bass and sing at the same time both on expert. i can do them both seperately without much trouble, but together i find it impossible. does anybody have any tips for multitasking?

Mike255
07-18-2008, 03:18 AM
Ask OldWIKI Tik. He completed the Endless Setlist on expert vox and bass.

xCOBRAx
07-18-2008, 10:41 PM
hey!!! so did i! and then my box got stolen. Ok so it was on hard but that was bcuz i was playing guitar. Anyway my best advice is to practice. Also put all the songs onto your ipod so that you can start learning the words. Really the only way that your going tobe able to do both is if you know the song well enough by heart that you dont need to look at the words. If your going to try and tackle the endless setlist what i would do is practice dual-wielding on all the songs you know so that way you can get a feel for it then go to the endless setlist.

DevilGuy
07-21-2008, 02:00 AM
Nevermind, sorry.

______

OldWIKI TIK
07-21-2008, 02:14 AM
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: Vocal, I think I'm Paranoid. Learn the notes and it'll be easy.

Bass, definately Maps, expert bass. It's SO easy on expert bass. 1st try got me the achievement. :D :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

As far as dual-wielding, just learn to sing the songs well. It is much harder to bail your self out on vocals than bass.

Matrarch
07-21-2008, 06:24 AM
I would add to Wiki's comment to not concern yourself with words. The game looks for your pitch, not your word accuracy. Other than that, it's all a matter of practice. :)

edd__
07-21-2008, 10:42 AM
The better you know the songs, the better. If you can sing it without having to look at the lyrics or the pitch that much, you should do alright.
Also, bit stupid, but if you've got a mic stand or something, it's gunna be a whole horde easier. I just hang my mic from the lights on the ceiling. Works well enough, not great though.

Also, just another stupid little thing, have a glass of water next to you. Dunno about anyone else, but i sometimes get really dehydrated and light-headed when im singing, and really helps me sing if my throat isn't sore ;D