PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying?

Flea
08-22-2006, 07:29 PM
Is it worth bothering with on the rookie settings?

The Killer 47
08-22-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm working on the champion difficulty right now, I didn't need to qualify on rookie or pro setting. It could save you a bit of aggravation from being knocked over by the vicious AI.

Xterm1n8or
08-22-2006, 10:30 PM
yeah i agree. on the harder championships (champion and legend) it is a must to qualify. 1) to make sure u win. 2)so nobody gets in your way and knocks u off (frustrating). On rookie and pro it doesnt really matta tho as u just breeze past them all b4 the first corner anyway!

Maka
08-23-2006, 01:01 AM
Rookie is Extremely easy, and can be done running one lap through every race on your first try and still winning... I don't qualify at all, even in the Legend difficulty be might have to in the "GP" because I suck with those, but I'm rather good with Extremes... I can well without qualifying but it depends how good you are, with enough practice it's easy... Try it around see what you prefer

skuff
08-23-2006, 07:55 AM
yeah i agree. on the harder championships (champion and legend) it is a must to qualify. 1) to make sure u win. 2)so nobody gets in your way and knocks u off (frustrating). On rookie and pro it doesnt really matta tho as u just breeze past them all b4 the first corner anyway!

Every race in the game can be done without having to qualify, i did every race in legend without it.. It just depends on how comfortable you are with the game.. powersliding is key, master that and youll master the game ;)

ModoX
08-24-2006, 09:03 AM
Crikey skuff, you must be a better rider than me. I'm only up to Champion so far and I haven't needed to qualify so far, though I've been doing so on Champion anyway, I tend to beat the best qualifying time on my first (standing start) lap, so I just do that and it's a nice way to refresh my memory on the track, makes me less likely to fall on my ass in the race. I can't imagine I'll be able to do Legend without qualifying.