PDA

View Full Version : Just got F.E.A.R. demo

mrfunky14
08-22-2006, 09:38 PM
somehow i got the October OXM as opposed to the September issue today. anyhow, the F.E.A.R. demo was in it, and its really a fun game. the slow-mo is cool and the game engine plays well. its a game im going to consider buying

Maka
08-23-2006, 01:12 AM
What would you rate it? Have you ever played the PC version before this game?

mrfunky14
08-23-2006, 01:21 AM
havnt played the PC version, and i dont even know if this game has multiplayer.

with that said, ill give it an 8/10 (compared to halo and other such FPS's)

NevEP
08-23-2006, 01:35 AM
I played the first few levels of the single player on PC at a friend's house and really enjoyed it. I will buy it regardless if I get to play the demo.

aPerfektFIaw
08-28-2006, 03:40 AM
What would you rate it? Have you ever played the PC version before this game?

not impressed with the demo at all... it wasn't scary, and it was very repetative with the enemies

********SPOILER*********
the hallway with the little girl
was more annoying than creepy

and they friggin stop the demo
right when the game looks like
its about to get better

mrfunky14
08-28-2006, 02:26 PM
not impressed with the demo at all... it wasn't scary, and it was very repetative with the enemies
um...ur wrong

it was scary and its a REALLY GOOD game

aPerfektFIaw
08-28-2006, 02:30 PM
um, opinions cant be wrong... :uzi: :rant:

Chaos Blitz 07
09-01-2006, 03:55 AM
in any event the pc version was good;the little Japanese girl is scary for a while; multiplayer was good; the demo cuts off too soon and i'm going to get it

NevEP
09-03-2006, 01:55 PM
I finally played the demo from OXM, and I agree, it cuts off too soon. It should have been longer. Of course, I liked the demo though and still plan on buying the game.

singingbush
09-26-2006, 01:50 PM
I played through the demo last night. It's not as good as the pc version but as I bought it for pc at the same time as getting my 360 I havn't played through the game yet. Will prob get the 360 version, just for xbox live. Though the pc version is better graphics/playability, i found that it could cause my pc to crash (it has more than required specs) - so it will be fun just to play it on 360 without having to reboot.

shiningcheese
10-10-2006, 05:05 AM
The thing about the demo is the fact that this one level is actually segments of the first like 6 levels of the full version. So it may seem repetitive at times and the girl may seem a little overdone, but the full version is really fun. It may not be that scary, but then again its hard to top some of the great horror games like resident evil and silent hill. Trust me though, FEAR has some of the greatest AI in a game. Normally the AI is terrible and the enemies just dont have tactics. In FEAR the guys flank you, team up, spread out, etc. Its crazy. Anywho, at least rent it if u hated the demo, you will enjoy it i promise.