PDA

View Full Version : CHEOPS, last person I need.. Any advice?

Hoolig4n
07-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Ive played a ton of games and Cheops does not want to show up! Any advice on what civ gives me him?

Tieg
07-20-2008, 12:41 AM
Ive played a ton of games and Cheops does not want to show up! Any advice on what civ gives me him?

You should probably consult this thread
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=76566 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76566)
This subject is discussed at length (over 3 pages now) and I'm sure it covers what your looking for. Otherwise your starting a extra thread that is just going to make this subject more complicated to search through. Good luck.

birdshake
07-20-2008, 08:28 AM
That was also the last person I needed so I used a spy in one of the games and stole a great person and ended up being Cheops. Not sure if thats how you get him or if I just lucked out but thats how I did it.

REDBEES
07-21-2008, 09:00 PM
I'd like this thread to be dedicated to working cheops methods, as I've not had much luck with the ones listed in the other thread

eXtreme 1138
07-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Cheops was the only guy left for me, I Played English on a normal game, chieftan difficulty, researched pottery and masonry only and then he was the first that popped up.

shaneonoke
07-21-2008, 11:49 PM
i heard it didnt count if you steal people from other civs

cklex
07-22-2008, 01:45 AM
I did exactly what extreme did to get aesop, just consult the civilopedia and see what tech he's releated to, research that tech only, and then stop your science and focus on culture. You should get him within that group of great people. It works.

As for stealing them from other civs, I dont think it works, as I stole aesop from a civ and didnt get credit for it, but it may be buggy.

REDBEES
07-22-2008, 03:27 AM
I've tried that on king difficulty alot, I will try the same with chieftan a few times and report my results

edit:result: no cheops

Langfat
08-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Following another user's advice, here's how I got Cheops:

Civ: English
Difficulty: King
Change city production to science. Research Pottery then Masonry (the tech Cheops is associated with). After Masonry was researched, took it off tech and switched it to production (i also pressed 'y' to switch science to gold, just in case). I was building the Samurai Castle wonder just so I didn't have to bother with the city screen anymore.

Waited for a great person to appear, and he was the first! This took me several tries though. I got other rare ones too, like Homer and David on my first few goes.

BigDirty
08-29-2008, 05:11 PM
I just unlocked my last 3 great people in an online match - try that but when you do it you have to unlock one more great person in a single player game so just go Americans as they start with a great person.