PDA

View Full Version : Wait a minute.

L0rd Tuck3r
07-20-2008, 12:13 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but can't you only get a Great Person if you have their Tech. I only need Imhotep, who requires Ceremonial Burial, and Sargon, who requires Bronze Working. So... if I go into a game and only research those two techs (+Pottery since you need it for CB), shouldn't they be the only two, other than the guy who needs Pottery, that would unlock? Why am I getting all these other guys instead?

Tieg
07-20-2008, 12:33 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but can't you only get a Great Person if you have their Tech. I only need Imhotep, who requires Ceremonial Burial, and Sargon, who requires Bronze Working. So... if I go into a game and only research those two techs (+Pottery since you need it for CB), shouldn't they be the only two, other than the guy who needs Pottery, that would unlock? Why am I getting all these other guys instead?

You should probably consult this thread
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76566
This subject is discussed at length (over 3 pages now) and I'm sure it covers what your looking for. Otherwise your starting a extra thread that is just going to make this subject more complicated to search through. Good luck.

iskoot
07-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Three words for you.

THEY ARE RANDOM.

Yeah, techs don't really mean that much it seems.

Le Smash
07-21-2008, 04:11 AM
I just played and they all came to me, if you "try" to get them, I doubt they'll come to you, just play some games, work on your strategy, and eventually you'll have them all.

shaneonoke
07-21-2008, 11:50 PM
ya im pretty sure theyre random you can get anybody at anytime

cklex
07-22-2008, 01:42 AM
I played the game normally and got all of them but one. I came here and read the strats about checking the civlopeida, then trying to set it up where you get the one, and I did actually get the one I needed. The one I needed was Aesop. He was part of greek culture, so I played with the greeks, and got writing, killed my science and focused on culture. I got a first great person, it was pathagoras, and my second great person was aesop. Bam. Achievement.

I believe it's a mix, but if you are down to one or two, try it out.