PDA

View Full Version : PETA should ban TopSpin 2 - I beat that Dead horse until it was...

HayJack
08-23-2006, 03:02 AM
I finally bit the bullet and knocked this game off my list. PETA (Peeps for the Ethical Treament of Animals) really needs to investigate this game for animal wrong doing.

Offline Career mode is a dead horse. You beat it. You smash it. It is a bloody dead horse, and you beat it some more. But wait, you aren't done. It is the proverbial dead horse, and guess what? You beat it some more!

Career mode drags on and on and on and ... yes.... on and on and on...

I wanted the points, but at what cost? Was the 350 points worth beating the dead horse that was TopSpin2 over and over again? I am not sure it was worth it.

That offline career mode took me at least 7-10 hours of repitive play. I didn't want to risk not getting the 1000 career points, so I played 2 full tournament season (after training for 2 LONG BORING seasons.) Thank the horse gods that I was able to leave that bloody horse alone in season 5 and not beat it once again. Poor Mr. Ed.

Anyway, so this post has some value, here goes:

Do a new career. Choose a female. Train like Secretariat or Barbaro for the first 2 seasons. Throw in a tourney or two to keep your "coin" up. ("Coin" how cheezzzee is that?") Beat Bill Billions and the other special events and get you gold stars. Then play and win every fricking tourney in season 3,4. You will get the 1000 pt career and #1 ranking in "no time." I won 8 grand slams in 2 seasons and had more than enough points to sim season 5. You can probably just win 6 grand slams (and the other crumb tourneys) and sim the rest.

ANYWAY, this was painful. Glad I got the points, but still am sorry I beat that dead horse over and over and over........PETA, dont hate me because I beat your TopSpin 2 horse into the ground.
http://card.mygamercard.net/Default/hayjack.png
(http://card.mygamercard.net/Default/hayjack.png)

Fonkey Monkey
08-23-2006, 03:37 AM
sorry to tell you this but tennis is a sports game. and sports games repeat themsleves. its a fact of life.

PerpetualHeaven
09-09-2006, 02:32 AM
dude this is offically the first 360 game I do not like.
I just can't stand it.. This career mode is the worst thing ever invented. It's so boring... I mean I can withstand a football, baseball or basketball game.. unleast a 1 second three pointer, 60 yard throwing TD or a home run seem more exciting than hitting a spin ball into the corner..
This is killing me.. I don't even know if I can do this.. I wish I could shorten the sets or something..

edit: actually after playing a while it isn't really that bad.. it's really annoying though.. I guess its not the kind of game I like ot play late at night.. it's more of a "top of the morning to yah" kinda game.

shiningcheese
09-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah tennis is repetitive and requires focus. Besides doesn't PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals:p

magictroll
01-09-2007, 04:31 PM
The game presentation is top notch ... the gameplay leaves much to be desired...

Cyrex
01-31-2007, 12:24 AM
tennis in real life is good but this game sucks played it at a friends house, Really sucks....... it is so unrealistic, teh overheads are too easy to hit, and no matter how you hit them they are normally going into the stands. plus the serves are in almost everytime

RedRaider717
04-04-2007, 03:31 AM
I think online play is fun, but I agree that the career mode got very repetitive.

Stagga
08-31-2007, 12:25 PM
Hmm i kinda agree tennis is incredibly boring especially as a game, hit the ball, hit the ball, hit the ball hard, wince as it just goes out, throw 100-500 racket on the floor and smash into pieces, wash, rinse repeat.

I'm a big sports fan Football(Soccer), american football is ok a bit boring hut, grab the bloke in front of you balls, decide wheter your gonna throw it run or get sacked by the 7 foot 200 pound maniac thats runnin towards you screamin DIE BITCH!!!!

Rugby is a mans game lol even though i dont really like it im a football(Soccer) kinda bloke

mrcheesyelf
10-01-2007, 12:58 PM
ive thought about it but i am gonna have to refuse to do the full career, winning 1 match was boring enough, let alone a tournament, a full 5 seasons?? F that S

Even simming the career was awful!!

Haywood Ublowma
01-14-2008, 01:03 AM
Dude if you dont know this by know all sports game repeat themselfs madden,NBA,NHL,MLB,NASCAR,all repeat them selfs you buy it and do the same thing you have done in the games before so stop bitching and enjoy them ass munch

benbam87
01-16-2008, 04:28 AM
I just started playing and it is not to bad yet. Although I have not started career yet

deathchant
01-28-2008, 01:55 AM
i reccommend you be sure that you get the 1000 career points the first go around. if you miscalculate it and have to deal with a second career, it gets really annoying and tedious

mctennisd
09-09-2008, 08:35 PM
I played collegiate tennis, and I find that all tennis games are is pong on steroids