View Full Version : Red arrow during city placement

07-21-2008, 02:05 AM
I've noticed from time to time that when I go to settle a new city some of the tiles are either grayed out (which I guess means the city isn't immediately large enough to work that spot) while other sometimes have a circular red arrow (sometimes more than one stacked onto to one tile). Can anyone tell me if I''m right about the gray tile and what the red one means? I'm not sure but I think I've only seen the red ones over water tiles now that I think of it. Maybe it means I just need a harbor?

07-21-2008, 02:45 AM
The Greyed out resources indicate that you haven't got anyone working that tile. Depending on what you've got the city set to produce, that could mean they're just not working the tile or the city doesn't have enough people to work that tile.

A single red arrow when you make the city means the square, as you're building the city, has no capacity to produce any resources if a unit of population works that tile. A tile that appears to have say, two production, followed by a few red arrows, means that for whatever reason that tile is giving partial output. (Usually a resource for which you don't have the technology to utilize.)

07-21-2008, 11:41 PM
i thought the red arrows were trade squares