PDA

View Full Version : Proven Guide for 1000AD ACHIEVEMENT!!!!

Tieg
07-21-2008, 04:41 AM
Ok...first off I know there is a thread or 2 on this already...but wanted to start a fresh thread as I found this guy's strategy on the official CR forum. I had tried using various strategies to no avail and was ready to call it bust on the 1000gs but after using this strategy along with the save save save....it worked for me 1st time up. It took me a second to figure out that he wasn't using scenarios but rather just a straight forward single player game starting with just your beginning group of settlers. When it was all over with my date was 300AD. Also, as I'm not one to plagerize I would like to give full credit to a guy name RayJay and the thread is located at this link: http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19568

With that said any and all questions are welcome but don't praise me for the strategy...I'm just repeating someone elses. Also, its a tad bit long...but for you achievement whores...its well worth the reading. GOOD LUCK!!!!! :Bounce::Bounce::Bounce:

Ok this is my walkthrough guide for getting the 'win the game by 1000AD' achievement on king or higher

The first thing that needs to be said is that I compiled this strategy based entirely on my own experiences and insights. I tried all 4 offensive civs(Aztecs,Arabs,Mongols,Zulu) and some others civs as well as testing on single player, blitzkreig, and the one with the restless barbarians. So anyone who thinks I copied them/someone else can do me a favour and not post

I settled on the Arabs in single player mode. The 9 attack re-healable vertern horseman army of the aztecs just isn't as good as the 13.5 attack vertern horseman army of the Arabs.

So in the beginning you should have a city with 2 sea squares[gold/science], 2 plains[2 food], and 2 forests[2 hammers]. Immediatly customise your production to 4 hammers(2 forest squares) which should give you a warrior in 3 turns. Then while exploring with the warrior (don't attack barb huts yet) switch to 2 sea squares (opt for science) and you should be able to research horseback riding in 5 turns.

Once you get horseback riding thats pretty much all the research you need. Custom your production once again and switch back to the the 2 forest squares = 4 production and build a horseman. Return your warrior to the capital and fortify. Once your horseman is loose build another. 1st horseman should be able to find and bust a nearby barb hut. Use this cash to rush the 2nd horseman. Build a 3rd horseman. If you see another barb hut be sure and attack it with the 1st horseman so he gets promoted to veteren thus allowing you to soon create a vertern horseman army.

Scout around a little but keep the 2 horsemen together while waiting for the 3rd to show up. Time is precious and you want that army assembled asap. Around this time you should've met your first civ opponent. Don't declare war until absoloutly necessary ie. Attacking capital. So get your horse army together and march over there. Look for good areas to base your attack. Forests are good, but mountains are great. Before you attack sell them your all your techs. This serves to deplete them of gold that they'll use to rush defensive units (Though hold back on religion if your suspect roaming legions that would cause a nasty counter attack) The first capital should have no more that an archer + warrior if your quick/lucky so taking it will be a breeze

Now for the city strategy. Once your 3rd horseman has been build put another horseman in the queue though he won't be built for a while. Concentrate on food. Up to this point your capital hasn't grown at all. So 2plains [4 food] will mean 0 production which is fine. When it does grown it will likely auto select a production square. When this happens change to a sea square instead and switch from science to gold. You will repeat this in all cities you capture. So whenever you get/grow a city you custom the production in this order 1)Food 2) Gold 3) Production i.e pick all availabe food squares, then all avialbale gold squares then production squares. So why the focus on gold?

When I started playing I was constantly rushing horsemen and while I had sizeable armies they spent all they're time traversing the map making any kind of sustained attack impossible. I had the numbers but couldn't use them properly. Galleys weren't much help either. So the solution?

Roads

And bloody long ones at that. You could have a lightening, Ninja, Great general Horseman Army but if he can't get where he's needed fast enough then he's useless for getting the acheivement. Which is why I have the cities concentrating on gold. So DO NOT rush horsemen after you've built the 3rd horsemen. These huge roads can cost anywhere from 60 gold to 150+ gold so be careful with how you spend your money. If in doubt keep cash in reserve

But remember to only build roads if they support further attacks on civs. When I first got the achievement I took Rome which was away in a peninsula which wouldn't have been cost effective to bring into the fight. So I followed the principle 1) Food 2) Gold 3) Production and when any horsemen were produced I simply sold them. Your cities will be producing horsemen at a very slow speed but thats fine since you won't need another army till the 3rd enemy capital. In every city you take build a single defensive unit then concentrate on horsemen

Ok so you've just taken the 1st enemy capital. Don't leave that Horseman army sitting around, get him out exploring immediatly while building a warrior/archer for defence. If the city is/more that likely next to another civ then build a road. If its isolated, keep your pennies and get scouting. When you get to the second capital follow the same principles as before. Make peace until attack, get onto good tile for attack, sell all techs to them. Then attack. At this stage warriors and archers are all you should find. If he has made an archer army then you've been arsing about too long. Once you've taken it debate building another road.

By now you should have 1 other horseman active on the map and scouting. Even after completing 1 or 2 roads you should have some cash leftover to rush more horsemen to make a second army. So when you've the 2nd army together get him to the third capital to join your by now elite horseman unit (I'll talk about upgrades later)

Now its simply a case of following the attack principles for the 3rd capital. After that build one final road (if needed) and another horseman army and get over to that final capital for the victory

So thats my strategy. Heres a few tips when playing:-

* Use spies wisely i.e. 3rd and 4th capital only. The 1st and 2nd capitals should still have crap defences otherwise your taking too long

* Upgrades to your 1st horseman army are pot luck. Infiltration + Blitz are excellent - the rest are crap. When I got the acheivement I got infiltration and was delighted to get it. The 3rd capital had an archer army so without this upgrade it would've been another file wasted

* Build a galley if you feel you need it after the 2nd capital has fallen, though if your lucky - like I was - you could pop one from a barb hut

* The English and Greek are file destroyers. When you see them attack IMMEDIATLY because if they fortify Hoplite/Longbow Archer armies its game over. Also if they start far away from you your basically fudged

*If you grab a capital but the civ still has another city, make peace at the first oppertunity. You don't have time to capture worthless cities

*If one of your opponents researches the masonry (Which is realistic) they get a city wall - all the more reason to be quick about things and preserve any spies you stumble across (you shouldn't get a chance to research writing due to fundementalism)

When I got the achievement I finished at 450AD and looking back at the game I had 4 lucky breaks and 4 unlucky breaks

Lucky:

Popped a galley from a Barb hut
Got infiltration upgrade for my horseman army
Reasonably ample barb huts
Moscow (4th civ) founded next to mountain and weakly defended

Unlucky:

Needed a galley to reach final civ
Started in an isolated corner
Ran into archer army with 3rd capital - 18 attack vs 15 defence, you can bet I was yelling at the screen http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
Rome 2nd capital was isolated and couldn't help with horsemen units

Ok so thats that. Comments and queries are welcome and happy hunting

Le Smash
07-21-2008, 04:45 AM
Quite a long guide.

Tieg
07-21-2008, 05:00 AM
I might add...I ran into a little quirk that caused me to thank the save game god. I had the veteran horseman army and attacked the first capital. My army 13.5 attack against his warrior group with a defense of 3 I think...and they whooped my arse. I was like WTF as I reloaded the save and did the battle again...it then went on like it should have and I easily took the first capital. So save just before you attack or declare war in case the Dogs of War don't go your way. Also, if you think you are losing a lot of time looking for capitals just wander around till you find one and then reload so you can make a bee line for it. I actually got a caravan from a Barb village and while I was moving my armies into position I was using the caravan as a scout as they go a long ways. Also had the dumb luck of not getting a galley from a barb village so had to build one.

Quite a long guide.

Yup...your right it is. But if you have spent a significant amount of time on this achievement with no results...the 3-5 mins it takes to read is worth it.

Tieg
07-22-2008, 02:01 PM
So had anyone tried this strategy besides myself?

Raven1709
07-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Hold your horses:)

I'll give it a go later on. Last achievement I need.

OldWIKI TIK
07-22-2008, 02:34 PM
I will have to give that method a go after work today, sounds like it should work, especially when utilizing saves.

packagedmonkey
07-22-2008, 02:53 PM
I will give this a try today

Raven1709
07-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Well Tieg. It looks like it works, but I need a bit more luck and a 2nd and maybe even a 3rd horse army. I can take the First two cities without any trouble. I play against Mongols, Greeks, Indians and Germans. we're all on the same Island so that's not a problem. But they're station in every corner of the map so building roads don't do much for me. Saves two or three turns (maybe) So I'll invest in a 2nd and 3rd army. And strike the first two cities with the first army and hopefully get the second and third army as quick as possible to the third and fourth city. My wheel is Mongol first (quick big archer army) Greeks (to beat hoplites) 2nd army to Indian (most of the times have a second city supporting the first one) and hopefullt the third army can take the German city.

Also the Food doesn't do much.Cap. citey only gain 2 tiles. I think i would invest in production and also a faster way to get spies (inventing writing). Might bring the last city down quicker.

EDIT

The 3 army rush method worked like a charm. Defeated all of them before 300 AD. Just a lucky spawn. And if I position my troops better a next time I would have gotten it earlier. So for the beginning of the strategy works fine. The rest I did a bit different by using the gold to rush 3 armies of horsemen. Arabs work best for this tactic.

Tieg
07-24-2008, 01:39 AM
Well Tieg. It looks like it works, but I need a bit more luck and a 2nd and maybe even a 3rd horse army. I can take the First two cities without any trouble. I play against Mongols, Greeks, Indians and Germans. we're all on the same Island so that's not a problem. But they're station in every corner of the map so building roads don't do much for me. Saves two or three turns (maybe) So I'll invest in a 2nd and 3rd army. And strike the first two cities with the first army and hopefully get the second and third army as quick as possible to the third and fourth city. My wheel is Mongol first (quick big archer army) Greeks (to beat hoplites) 2nd army to Indian (most of the times have a second city supporting the first one) and hopefullt the third army can take the German city.

Also the Food doesn't do much.Cap. citey only gain 2 tiles. I think i would invest in production and also a faster way to get spies (inventing writing). Might bring the last city down quicker.

EDIT

The 3 army rush method worked like a charm. Defeated all of them before 300 AD. Just a lucky spawn. And if I position my troops better a next time I would have gotten it earlier. So for the beginning of the strategy works fine. The rest I did a bit different by using the gold to rush 3 armies of horsemen. Arabs work best for this tactic.

Your more of a man then I am...as soon as I discovered the greeks I would have restarted that game in a heart beat....those hoplites suck. Food is only good when you don't need production and you want to get more population. But your probably right...about the time your getting more population the game should be about over.

Raven1709
07-24-2008, 04:22 AM
Like I said the Mongols where in the mountains so if I started attacking them as second civ or later they would have had a big archerarmy. So I had to take them out first. Never ever had troubles taking out the Greeks cause the hardly made the hoplites when I took them as a second civ. The Indian Civ fell soon aswell cause the had grasstiles all around them and (not sure) these are perfect for a Horsearmy. I fought in woods and lost too many horses each time. Desert or sandtiles the same. So I suggest when attacking do it from grasstiles cause they do seem to give you an advanatage. My 2 ninja horseman armies where no match against a lowerclassed archer army. But my 3rd lower classed horsearmy had no problem at all.

MartiniKiss
07-24-2008, 06:16 PM
ill have to try it later
hopefully it works with other methods im always soo close but no deal :(

Xc0mmand0
07-24-2008, 08:02 PM
I came close, but I had to get a galley to an island, and they had built a wall, and had a well fortified archer army. They attacked before my catapults could. I wish I would have kept that save, because, if I would have gotten there earlier I might have had a chance.

OldWIKI TIK
07-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Good tips in here, worked well for me, first try 750 A.D.!

Chud 360
07-24-2008, 09:40 PM
OK, this is far too long to read. This was the last achievement i got. All i did was save the game at the very start. Find out where everbody starts and then go back and load ur save. Now you know where they are just rush the hell out of em.

Raven1709
07-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Bit short don't you think? Bit more to it then rush the hell out.

Convercide
07-24-2008, 10:37 PM
I'll copy what I put in the Guide thread:

Right for the easiest Domination wins EVER do the following:

Scenario: Blitzkrieg

Germans (as all new units are automatically Veterans and only then need 3 victories to become Elite).

The technologies you should research are the following IN THIS ORDER EXACTLY.

Bronze Working -> Alphabet -> Writing -> Mathematics -> Then whatever you want.

Start by combining all your Warriors into an army and storming the nearest city. Research Bronze working asap and get an army of archers in each city. Don't worry about your Warriors just yet. Just concentrate on the archers so you can't lose a city. Now keep going until you get Mathematics. No other Civ will get this before you, even on Deity. Mathematics brings Catapults. Build Catapults like crazy and make them armies and storm the other cities the Civs have. A catapult is ridiculously powerful that early on. An army has an attack of 18 when Veteran, as strong as an entire Archer Army. Just ensure you have at least 3 Catapult armies for each capital as an Archer Army has a defence of 18. The other Civs don't get Maths for AGES so you have a silly upper hand right near the start. If you're worried about the Catapult defense, just make a spare 3 archers for an army to follow them around in defence.

You're so powerful with Catapults it's ridiculous. Just ensure the upgrade for 3 victories help city attack (like Blitz for example).

What's also great is that you can leave a Capital still standing and get the other wins really easily.

Raven1709
07-25-2008, 04:19 AM
And then you have to position your army correctly other wise the archerarmy only need to destroy two maybe three catapult armies and then gain a 50% veteran bonus. Bit risky strategy. The Arab horse army gets after 50% and Infiltration 23,5 attackpowers.

Convercide
07-25-2008, 03:34 PM
And then you have to position your army correctly other wise the archerarmy only need to destroy two maybe three catapult armies and then gain a 50% veteran bonus. Bit risky strategy. The Arab horse army gets after 50% and Infiltration 23,5 attackpowers.

It's not risky if you put the archers on the same square as the catapults. After 3 wins a catapult army gets an attack of 36.

Raven1709
07-25-2008, 05:52 PM
No I'm saying the Enemy Archerarmy will have a fieldday If you get your attack wrong. Tiles are imortant as well. You can use a good Horsearmy in the woods and they beat you with the horselegs cause they are gonna get picked. I know you can protect with your archerarmy. So that's what I meant with my post:)

Tieg
07-25-2008, 06:27 PM
OK, this is far too long to read. This was the last achievement i got. All i did was save the game at the very start. Find out where everbody starts and then go back and load ur save. Now you know where they are just rush the hell out of em.

LOL...if this is far to long to read I would hate to see the books you read then. For me the amount of time I spent trying other strategies before doing this one....that was a long time. This strategy works for some...not the ones that are not patient enough to read through. I probably could have shortened it but I did not want to distract from the original author who took to the time to put down this strategy. I think it would have been an injustice for him.

I'll copy what I put in the Guide thread:

Right for the easiest Domination wins EVER do the following:

Scenario: Blitzkrieg

Germans (as all new units are automatically Veterans and only then need 3 victories to become Elite).

The technologies you should research are the following IN THIS ORDER EXACTLY.

Bronze Working -> Alphabet -> Writing -> Mathematics -> Then whatever you want.

Start by combining all your Warriors into an army and storming the nearest city. Research Bronze working asap and get an army of archers in each city. Don't worry about your Warriors just yet. Just concentrate on the archers so you can't lose a city. Now keep going until you get Mathematics. No other Civ will get this before you, even on Deity. Mathematics brings Catapults. Build Catapults like crazy and make them armies and storm the other cities the Civs have. A catapult is ridiculously powerful that early on. An army has an attack of 18 when Veteran, as strong as an entire Archer Army. Just ensure you have at least 3 Catapult armies for each capital as an Archer Army has a defence of 18. The other Civs don't get Maths for AGES so you have a silly upper hand right near the start. If you're worried about the Catapult defense, just make a spare 3 archers for an army to follow them around in defence.

You're so powerful with Catapults it's ridiculous. Just ensure the upgrade for 3 victories help city attack (like Blitz for example).

What's also great is that you can leave a Capital still standing and get the other wins really easily.

This is the strategy I followed originally but didn't like because every civilization has 3 cities. To me it was a distraction and waste of time to pussy foot around cities trying to figure out which one was the capital and leaving the other cities alone. The strategy I used I only had to deal with one city per civilization which was the capital. I think the last civilization I took out had 2 cities but by then it was easy to figure out the capital. I also like to part where you draw down the opposing civilization's treasury by selling them all your research so they can't rush units when you declare war. Also, you don't have that option on Blitzkrieg because everyone is at war to begin with.

BUT in the end...to each his own. But no sense in hijacking the thread with your strategy. Its in the guide (congratulations)...everyone reads the guide first...more power to whatever strategy you want to use to get this achievement...which IMO is the hardest achievement to get for the game.

Good Luck to all.

Convercide
07-25-2008, 07:27 PM
But no sense in hijacking the thread with your strategy.

I was only trying to help. :/

It really worked for me.

Tieg
07-25-2008, 07:35 PM
I was only trying to help. :/

It really worked for me.

Its cool dude...don't sweat it. :)

Shen2008
07-27-2008, 12:22 AM
thanks, work perfect!

i recommend that you safe often and scout ahead to locate civ capitals. Once you know the location reload the save file. This way you cut down the amount of time wasted.

wtrswoopes
07-27-2008, 01:25 AM
Tieg, your guide totally worked. Thank you!

I went ahead and used the Aztecs though as I prefer my units rehealing versus the attack boost. I played a map that even have the Greeks on it. I just made sure to go after them first before they could build up their defenses and I had absolutely no problem with them.

My only real challenge came when I was attacking my 4th capital. I wasn't paying attention to the 3rd capital as I had already captured it. The final civ fled into that capital so I ended up having to recapture it. So basically I ended up defeating 5 capitals before 1000 AD! :)

Just wanted to let people know that. You must retain control of all the capitals.

Raven1709
07-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Well like I said in earlier posts I rushed three Horsearmies. So the rest of the time I made defensive units in case of other attacks on captured capitals. Happened once, by some miracle they placed an entire archerarmy in the city that wasn't linked by roads whipped out 2 horsearmies. Restarted all over again.

Tieg
07-28-2008, 05:21 AM
Tieg, your guide totally worked. Thank you!

I went ahead and used the Aztecs though as I prefer my units rehealing versus the attack boost. I played a map that even have the Greeks on it. I just made sure to go after them first before they could build up their defenses and I had absolutely no problem with them.

My only real challenge came when I was attacking my 4th capital. I wasn't paying attention to the 3rd capital as I had already captured it. The final civ fled into that capital so I ended up having to recapture it. So basically I ended up defeating 5 capitals before 1000 AD! :)

Just wanted to let people know that. You must retain control of all the capitals.

Cool...keep in mind though it wasn't my strategy...I just copied it from another website. The real congrats goes to the guy in my initial thread that I credit. Works like a charm though doesn't it.

Donkeythebard
07-28-2008, 02:54 PM
i`m gonna try this when i get home tonight

Paulonius
07-29-2008, 12:41 AM
Use the Zulu on King difficulty. Keep starting new games until you get all of your opponents on one continent (be sure to save at beginning of each game). Once you get such map, start by putting everyone on production and build Impi Warriors. Since they get +1 movement you can reach capitals quickly. Keep pumping out Impi warriors and rush each individual warrior to a capitol (starting with the furthest one or the next furthest one). Most of the time they aren't even defended when you get there. Keep doing this until all the capitols are taken, wait one turn, and you've got the achievement. I won by 2800BC!

MartiniKiss
07-29-2008, 03:25 AM
sounds like it would work but it also sounds like its kinda just based on luck??

Use the Zulu on King difficulty. Keep starting new games until you get all of your opponents on one continent (be sure to save at beginning of each game). Once you get such map, start by putting everyone on production and build Impi Warriors. Since they get +1 movement you can reach capitals quickly. Keep pumping out Impi warriors and rush each individual warrior to a capitol (starting with the furthest one or the next furthest one). Most of the time they aren't even defended when you get there. Keep doing this until all the capitols are taken, wait one turn, and you've got the achievement. I won by 2800BC!

Tieg
07-29-2008, 05:16 PM
sounds like it would work but it also sounds like its kinda just based on luck??

It is luck. Just another strategy. I liked the one I posted because it worked first time for me...as well as others who have tried it...but even if it didn't work first time I'll bet it would with no more then 4 reloads. And I didn't worry about all civs being on the same continent. When you get your horse army(s) built....get a galley just in case one of the barb villages don't give you one.

Chud 360
07-31-2008, 08:10 PM
Bit short don't you think? Bit more to it then rush the hell out.

Well it worked for me. I have all the achievements in this game. It's not that difficult.

Also, you could save every couple of moves so if something goes wrong (eg. you lose a fight when you should have won) you can just load ur save

MartiniKiss
07-31-2008, 10:36 PM
i tried it and it seems like its just based on placement and how fast you attack these cities
thanks for the tips :)

xTaylor 94x
08-02-2008, 07:57 PM
I used a similiar method and won by 1200 B.C.!

DarthJohno
08-22-2008, 02:38 PM
The guide worked a treat. It toook me a few retries as I kept spawning on different islands to the computer civs but eventually I won by 500 BC. Thanks for finding the guide and sharing! :-)

Aaronc281
08-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Right. Somebody is gonna hav to help me before i commit suicide. This achievment is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there any1 of u kind souls out there that would do this for me. I would help you out in return with something. I'm seriously losin my mind. Please help.

GT: Aaronc281

Heron T Beagle
08-23-2008, 01:37 PM
yeah someone please tell me somehing...No matter how close i spawn to a civ they always have a stronger unit waiting and i will reload a save 30 times with the same outcome. The only time i have ever made it past the first civ i got to the second just to find a archer army and with 5 horse armies i couldnt touch them, and i tried overand over and over.

Amalrik
09-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Well, I really begin crazy because of this achievement. Every time, even if I rush very quickly the first capital, the second capital is over protected !

Anyway, I found an other strategy. I will try that tonight I think.

Start as any Civ, preferably a military-focused Civ. (I used Germans)

Save the game on the first turn. Continue to play as normal, but build naval units as soon as possible. Scout the world with your naval units until you have located every other Civ capital.

Make a note of where all the capitals are. Load your saved game. Start the game over, but this time you can focus on military might alone, as soon as you have a decent army built up, send them on a boat (or quickest way possible) to the next closest enemy capital. Capture it, be sure to defend it well enough to hold it. Send troops to the next enemy capital, rinse, repeat.

I did NOT get the achievement this way and it was quite difficult. Should be much easier using this method. My biggest problem was finding the last 1 or 2 civs before the 1000 was reached. Using this method, you won't have that problem.

Notes:

Focus on military techs only. Only research more naval techs if it is required to reach your opponents. Otherwise, get catapults as fast as possible, and only send catapults and archers to assault enemy cities.

Save Often in case your boat containing your whole army gets wiped out.. etc.

You actually have to capture the last enemy capital by 950 AD or whatever the turn just BEFORE 1000 AD is. Because the win won't register until the next turn. First time I tried this, I captured the last enemy capital ON turn 1000 AD exactly, it didn't register until the following turn (1025 AD or something like that) and it didn't count!!!

Good luck!
Source : http://www.trueachievements.com/achievement.aspx?achievementid=21947

Strident
10-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Thanks for posting the copy of the original guide. It worked great for me. Got touch and go near the end, due to me taking too long on the early turns, but still worked out with a couple of hundred years to go.

I3L00DJ3FFR0
10-09-2008, 02:52 PM
<3 this strat i got so lucky with it baby 1st try 850AD and i had the english and greek to content with in the same game it was sick nasty i got infiltration and a general on my first horse army and then it was just a matter of finding and destroying i stopped caring about my cities and roads roads roads the whole way

Ben Sharpe
10-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Fantastic guide I got all the capitals by 600BC, and the domination victory on King :)

Thanks

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
10-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Well, I really begin crazy because of this achievement. Every time, even if I rush very quickly the first capital, the second capital is over protected !

Anyway, I found an other strategy. I will try that tonight I think.

Source : http://www.trueachievements.com/achievement.aspx?achievementid=21947

What scenario etc would you do this on to have the ships etc. This is the last achievement I need and its frustrating as anything lol.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
10-19-2008, 06:14 PM
The english have the legion armies and the longbow people on the blitzcrieg scenario are they worth a try?

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
10-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Anyone have a strategy or reccomend one?
Before I start should I try to get on the exact same island as all other civilizations? As in literally 25 turns within all 4 if thats possible kind of thing? lol.

Literally read every guide on this subject and none are working for me and its not like im retarded because I have been able to do all the others lol.

I can only ever start with 2 other civs within 30 turns of me near enough with other civs needed to cross the waters. (Warriors not horses) so 15 with horses.

Also when I start I can only have a possible 2 slots for workers = 2 production and 2 science or food or gold etc.

Last achievement I need and its doing my brain in!

DisabledGamer
08-23-2009, 09:17 AM
nice guide..i beat it in 1200bc..just keep on making horsemen armies..

Sleeves
09-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Just got the 1000AD :D And I got it without peeking into the guides, so let me share my version.

Generally, it takes a bit of luck, and time. I finished the whole thing by 950AD exactly. Bit of a stretch, but I guess I could have done stuff better, too.

Start with the Mongols, so defeated barbarian villages join you.

Here's where a great deal of luck comes in: make sure that a lot of barbarian villages, and all the enemy capitals are on the same (and preferably small or medium sized) continent. Start the game, save, explore and reload or restart as soon as you're convinced that the map is / is not OK.
From this on we'll assume that the map is OK.

Put your capital on full production, and head for the barbarian villages. When you have about 4-5 warriors, let the city grow fast, and do the same with the captured villages, too. Once you've captured all the available villages build some defense for them (a warrior in each).

Once a city reaches level 3-4 depending on its available resources, change to full research, and do the bronze working -> alphabet -> writing -> mathematics ladder. Then start producing catapults, and some archers. Two catapult army - archer army - spy combos should be enough to conquer the whole map. The catapults should be trained too, so either barracks, a military leader or some practice will be necessary before you reach the first capital.

When you have the two combos, switch to full gold production and build roads so you can reach the next target quickly.
From that on, you'll only have to sweep out the 4 capitals (which are of level 4-5 by this time).

Some remarks:
Don't make peace with any of the civs unless one or more of your cities are threatened. It'll take their minds from building good defenses.
I haven't tried it, but changing governments might help. I wanted to unlock the despotism achievement as well in one go.

cheers

Rusty Nail zh
09-14-2009, 08:33 AM
I can't seem to get this achievement. Try it over and over!
Yesterday I played with the aztecs and won! Was completely happy, but then no achievement popped up. Later, I saw, that I played on Chieftrain. Shit!

Clawed Fish
06-15-2010, 06:54 AM
many thanks for this post. Won by 800 AD. Catapults were also instrumental against certain civs. Anyway, cheevo popped and I just need one more major cheevo for this game. Hope you have a guide for power is kinda neat as well.

silverinsanity
06-21-2010, 06:19 PM
The only reason I managed to get this was because I saved at every move!

Actually, that's a lie... I saved every turn!

burningreaper
07-14-2010, 08:35 AM
This was genius. Worked first time. Thanks.

sp4rks 88
07-17-2010, 02:51 AM
Got it on my first try, used the Aztecs and cut it close, won the game at 950 AD