PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Power is Kind of Neat Ach

Seraph Metatron
07-21-2008, 01:39 PM
FYI: I could be wrong, but I believe that this doesn't just mean that you can't change your system of government, but it means that you have to start with despotism and end with despotism. I know I have gone through with the Greeks and another culture that start the game with a different system of government and never changed it, and the achievement didn't unlock. Just now when I beat it with the Mongolians, it unlocked. So I think that this is an achievement you have to get with someone other than English, Greeks, etc.

Raven1709
07-21-2008, 02:12 PM
I did it with the Americans. Just followed some guys guide and it unlocked fine. Don't know how they start out but worked for me.

shaneonoke
07-21-2008, 11:38 PM
i couldnt get it with greece i had to do despotism

Heimlur
07-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Yeah, the achievement has to be done with despotism. The description of the achievement is misleading. I tried to do it with The English (I think it was them) because they start with Monarchy. Played all the way through and didn't get the achievement. And I NEVER changed governments. It was really annoying. I think I did get a GP that I was missing though.

Seraph Metatron
08-01-2008, 05:50 PM
I mean the achievement does sound misleading because it doesn't specify. But when it is called, "Absolute Power is Kind of Neat" and shows the picture of the Depotism fist, what else should we expect? But I didn't make the connection until I had already unlocked the achievement.

kantizuni
08-01-2008, 05:53 PM
You are correct, sir.

Heimlur
08-01-2008, 07:30 PM
I mean the achievement does sound misleading because it doesn't specify. But when it is called, "Absolute Power is Kind of Neat" and shows the picture of the Depotism fist, what else should we expect? But I didn't make the connection until I had already unlocked the achievement.

Yeah that's what I thought too, I assumed it had to be done on Depotism but in the Xbox360Achievments.org guide said you could do it with English, just not change your government. So I figured that was easier and someone actually had tried this becuase it could possibly end up on the guide on pure specutlation, right?

/Sarcasm

Angry Alex
08-04-2008, 03:57 AM
The guide is wrong. I just did it with the English on King difficulty, and it did NOT unlock. You have to have a civ that starts with despotism.

Change that guide please. It's wrong.

stephmo
08-11-2008, 02:16 PM
PLEASE fix the guide - this is what it says:

Follow the guide for Power Never Takes a Back Step, but DON'T change your government. If you want you can use another civilization, such as the English as they start with Monarchy, or any other civilization. Just DON'T and I repeat DON'T change your government and you'll get the achievement.

It needs to say the following:

Follow the guide for Power Never Takes a Back Step, but DON'T change your government. More importantly, only play as a civilization that starts out on Despotism - so do NOT play as the English or Greeks under any circumstances as their Democracy and Monarchy starts count as a change of government. Just DON'T and I repeat DON'T change your government and you'll get the achievement.

Nitroxide
08-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Glad I read this before going after this achievement... good looking out guys!

ThirdeYe
08-13-2008, 01:12 AM
Yep, does not work with England. Glad I wasted my time before I found this thread and relied on the guide :/

darquesyde
08-15-2008, 12:50 AM
Same here ThirdeYe, I played it after reading the guide thinking I was going to get it with the Monarchy... I did not. Searched the forums thinking it was a glitch...

BTW the guide would be helpful if someone added the cultures it could be won with (ie. those with despotism)...I'd look it up but I returned the game already.

Seraph Metatron
08-15-2008, 02:19 AM
Well I would say that the ones you can't use are probably:
Greeks - Democracy
Romans - Republic
English - Monarchy
Arabs - Fundamentalism (?)
Eh too lazy to turn on the game right now, watching the Olympics. Hoping Phelps wins number 6 in half an hour.

tadpeters
08-16-2008, 12:30 AM
I found this out the hard way. Hahaha. Don't use the English or Greeks it won't unlock.

denjuandemarco
11-27-2011, 10:46 PM
Here we go! Hmmm... I was trying it 3 times with England and 3 times with Greece, bad luck for me, I think. Thx for this threat, I'll try it from the beginning to the end on despotism right now!