PDA

View Full Version : Are People Dumb?

Jonesy999
07-21-2008, 03:58 PM
ok tell me if im going crazy or whats going on because this is starting to piss me off.
This whole Like The Back Of My Hand Achievement is getting out of hand. the achievement clearly says collect all power ups on every map. so do what it say. dont go and try changing the achievement because that wont help. the power ups are clearly defined. you dont need health and ammo thats just stupid. the way i see it is you telling me to get the headshot achievement you must have to get a headshot with a shockrifle right? well obviusly not but you people keep changing the achievement. if i get headshots with a shockrifle it wont give me the achievement, just like if you waste 2 days picking up ammo; you wont get the achievement. so stop trying to put your own spin on the achievement and just do what the fucken thing says.

VeNGeD
07-21-2008, 04:01 PM
that is just theories from people who have spent days on getting this achievement, and the German translation says something about health pick ups, so yeah.
i personally dont think ammo must be collected but i think there is more to this achievement than you think.

xkillxxfrenzyx
07-21-2008, 04:21 PM
I've seen that stupid picture of yours and your complaints for long enough that I had to post. Your life is on this forum, just give it up its tiring.

VeNGeD
07-21-2008, 04:34 PM
I've seen that stupid picture of yours and your complaints for long enough that I had to post. Your life is on this forum, just give it up its tiring.
?.........

xkillxxfrenzyx
07-21-2008, 04:43 PM
not you, i was talking to the guy who looks like one of those dogs with hair over its eyes

demondaze
07-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Are people dumb? well you must be! If you bothered to read the threads you will see people have done what the achievement asks and have collected just the power ups but still have no achievement. If you check the threads you will see I have already tried this achievement twice and still not got it so I know what im talking about.

Please dont waste anymore time with these ill informed rants.

Jonesy999
07-21-2008, 05:06 PM
my life is on this forum? are you retarded my join date is yesterday..

Rickt
07-21-2008, 05:10 PM

Made me "lol"! XD

People are not dumb, they just lack direction including myself. Epic have not said anything as far as I know so its still mysterious as to what unlocks this achievement. Until someone strikes it lucky everyone has their own theories.

The Pants Party
07-21-2008, 08:31 PM
No offense Jonesy, but if YOU read, you'd see people HAVE collected every "power-up" described by the game's manual and not received the achievement, hence the reason they are trying other things. They have also noticed that the German version of the game has a different description than the normal one, in which is specifically states "(Health, Shield)" at the end, which is why they are now discussing that this may in fact have been Epic's intention. There are plenty of achievements out there that say one thing and require you to do something else to actually unlock it.

So, yes, people are dumb. They made this thread.

daveowns
07-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Owned in the last line... enough said

RegentEagle
07-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Posts Per Day: 46.47

So Jonesy... What have you been up to today?
I'll let you in on a secret.
If you look out your window you will actually see life.
You should get one... :woop:

Ben Sharpe
07-21-2008, 10:46 PM
Posts Per Day: 46.47

So Jonesy... What have you been up to today?
I'll let you in on a secret.
If you look out your window you will actually see life.
You should get one... :woop:

He has only been a member for two days, big deal if he has made 60 odd posts in 2 days at least he is an active member

RegentEagle
07-21-2008, 11:02 PM
WTF! He's a machine I tell yers!!!!!!!!!
A active member? What good is that when all you do is make pointless threads about how dumb everyone is?
I could get more from stimulation from watching a chimp with no hands or feet trying to eat a banana than reading his comments.

Ben Sharpe
07-21-2008, 11:06 PM
WTF! He's a machine I tell yers!!!!!!!!!
A active member? What good is that when all you do is make pointless threads about how dumb everyone is?
I could get more from stimulation from watching a chimp with no hands or feet trying to eat a banana than reading his comments.

Then add him to your ignore list, you don't have to read what he posts. Maybe he does post pointless threads I am not trying to say he is but I was trying to get you to realise that it is not up to you how much time he spends on the site

Jonesy999
07-22-2008, 03:58 PM
No offense Jonesy, but if YOU read, you'd see people HAVE collected every "power-up" described by the game's manual and not received the achievement, hence the reason they are trying other things. They have also noticed that the German version of the game has a different description than the normal one, in which is specifically states "(Health, Shield)" at the end, which is why they are now discussing that this may in fact have been Epic's intention. There are plenty of achievements out there that say one thing and require you to do something else to actually unlock it.

So, yes, people are dumb. They made this thread.
ok prove how people have "Every" powerup...

VeNGeD
07-22-2008, 04:52 PM
did you read the thread?
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81481

The Pants Party
07-22-2008, 06:27 PM

It's called once again: "reading." If you'd try it out, you'd see that there have been people spending hours going through every map and picking up every "powerup" as described in the manual, to no avail. I love how you criticize people because they didn't "read" the achievement, but you're too lazy to read the two giant discussions about the achievement and see what the actual problem is.

To my knowledge, no one has got every powerup, health increase and shield piece yet. Once they do, I imagine the achievement will unlock.

Cougar24
07-23-2008, 12:44 AM

You should pick up every Powerup while you listen to your Hawthorne Heights cds.

Maka
07-23-2008, 01:38 AM
You're right, the powerups are clearly defined; but you have to look to the German list of achievements. They are defined as Health and armour. Now, people don't decide this, just because they can't get the achievement after an hour of effort, epic decided this before the game was out, and decided to screw it up by giving the word "powerup" more than one exact meaning.

Much like if an achievement in Halo asked to pick up all weapons on every map, but didnt say anything about grenades but they intended for them to count so people went around skipping grenades and then complained about not getting it. Then you come in and sprinkle the world with your knowledge, of nothing.

ElmoTrooperX
07-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Why don't YOU "read before you post."
You think every body is just being dumb unable to get an achievement

Jonesy999
07-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Why don't YOU "read before you post."
You think every body is just being dumb unable to get an achievement no im actually saying why is everyone assuming you need all this other shit before youve actually confirmed what you need to get