PDA

View Full Version : BWT Fan Accumulation Question

Tekken
07-21-2008, 07:41 PM
I've been grinding for the 1 million fans achievement by myself (bass/vocals) and needless to say it has been a struggle as I cannot sing at all. I easily hit the easy and medium fan caps and starting hitting the "make a setlist" sets with the songs I know I can do on expert.

Here are the things I know:
1. I have to do songs on expert in order to reach the achievement.
2. SOMETIMES doing a song I have already done on an easier difficulty yields me fans, sometimes it does not.

What I'd like to know is this: What is the criteria in order to accrue fans in expert mode?

1. Do you have to reach a certain number of stars?
2. If it is a song you have previously cleared do you have to beat your previous score?

Any other tips/information would be appreciated!

Matrarch
07-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Well, I'm not 100% sure about your second question, but I do know that you do not need to play expert to get 1,000,000 fans. There was a patch released some time ago that made the fan cap on hard 1,000,000 so you can get the achievement playing on hard if you'd like. You do not *need* a certain number of stars, but keep in mind that more stars equals more venues so more opportunities for fans.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Tekken
07-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Oops! Yeah, I meant I've been doing songs on hard not expert, haha sorry. I'll go back and edit that.

Yeah, I have most of the venues unlocked, but at the moment they are a bit unplayable for me on hard. So I've been going back throught the songs I've already done but on hard difficulty and sometimes I do not earn fans. =(

workbench
07-22-2008, 02:40 PM
so if two people play on hard only i can get 1,000,000 fans??

aint no one in this house bar me that can play even half of the songs on expert.

Matrarch
07-22-2008, 03:01 PM
I don't know from experience, but I'm pretty sure that's correct. They altered the cap just enough to make it easier for people to get the achievement. It's a pretty generous adjustment to when you consider the old cap was 640,000 or so. :)

Many of us are in a similar situation insofar as being the only expert level player in the house. If you can dual wield, that's the way to go for more fans!

sharonoagain
07-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Yeah, my son and I can both do expert but our drummer, my daughter can only do Medium so she is left out of a lot of sets ... which makes for some tense times and very hurt feelings. She was able to get the million fans because we've played a LOT (we're up to 25+ million fans now) but it was a struggle to get here.

And don't even ask about getting the Big Ins when you've for a medium player in your band ... OY! the drama!

DevilGuy
07-22-2008, 04:29 PM
You DONT need to play expert to get fans! I`m at 700,000 and hard still works. :D

:woop:

I think you have to be over 3 stars.

The more stars you get, the more fans you get. Good luck!

2. If it is a song you have previously cleared do you have to beat your previous score?

No. You can play Make a Setlist over and over and do the same songs (easy ones), and get fans everytime, I think.

Titoul
07-23-2008, 06:49 PM
I've been grinding for the 1 million fans achievement by myself (bass/vocals) and needless to say it has been a struggle as I cannot sing at all. I easily hit the easy and medium fan caps and starting hitting the "make a setlist" sets with the songs I know I can do on expert.

Here are the things I know:
1. I have to do songs on expert in order to reach the achievement.
2. SOMETIMES doing a song I have already done on an easier difficulty yields me fans, sometimes it does not.

What I'd like to know is this: What is the criteria in order to accrue fans in expert mode?

1. Do you have to reach a certain number of stars?

Any other tips/information would be appreciated!

I do it myself guitar expert/vocals hard and i have 950k fans atm.
You don't have to reach a certain numbers of stars for a set you never played,but more star = more fans.Also more a song is hard more fan you get.
For the set you already played at lower difficulty, you must do the same number of star or more.If you do less you will not get fans.

Tekken
07-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the information!

Now I'm wondering, would you get more fans for performing at expert level as opposed to hard? Would it be more worthwhile for me to learn new songs on hard or perfect the songs I already know to expert?