PDA

View Full Version : Deleted content?

grumpiercloud
07-22-2008, 07:23 AM
Well. Right now I am experiencing some issues with my Hard drive device. It is corrupt and will not work and I need to get a new one because nothing can be done.
So my question is. If I no longer have the content on another hard drive. Will I be able to download it again without Microsoft points? Or will it be gone until I buy it again?
The way I see it. Is I will get a new hard drive and would like to transfer all my downloaded songs to a memory card of some sort. If I cannot do this and I get a new hard drive. Will I have to spend Microsoft points again to get my songs back even if I am on the profile that bought them originally?

*I searched the threads and forums and a lot of sites online. But I found nothing.*

Dex
07-22-2008, 08:27 AM
I could be wrong, but I believe the songs (and anything you buy on the marketplace) are linked to your XBL account & gamertag. As long as you transfer your account to your new hard drive, you should be able to download songs you've previously paid for, at no additional cost.

I know you can transfer your account/gamertag from hard drive to memory card, and then transfer back again... but keep in mind, the system will only allow you to MOVE it, not copy it. Your account can only be in 1 location, either on the console (hard drive) or on the memory card.

I would suggest getting the 120 GB hard drive, which comes with the data transfer cable & CD. Since you are planning on getting a new hard drive anyways, you should first try to copy everything from one hard drive to the other with the data cable. If this works, awesome! You're good to go. If not, you should at least try to copy your account over.

Brian Kay
07-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Yes you will be able to download all your dlcs again but you'll have to be loged into xbox live to play them,i got the elite a few months back and used a memery card to transfer all my dlc over but if i'm logged off live non of them work, i don't know is this the same if you just change your hard drive as it will be the same xbox

Matrarch
07-22-2008, 01:24 PM
I think the problem with having to play while connected to Live was corrected with the new license transfer tool. The reason why you have to play online since you got a new XBox is that all your licenses are attached to your old XBox. Using the transfer tool available on XBox.com should fix that problem if I understand correctly.

workbench
07-22-2008, 02:37 PM
I think the problem with having to play while connected to Live was corrected with the new license transfer tool. The reason why you have to play online since you got a new XBox is that all your licenses are attached to your old XBox. Using the transfer tool available on XBox.com should fix that problem if I understand correctly.

correct.

some games like sonic DIDNT work even if u where connected to xbl. thast why they pushed that tool out, else we would all be still connecting to xbl to play one dlc song lol.

the license tool fixes all thes problems.

grumpiercloud
07-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Wow thanks everybody! This is great information that I didn't know about.