PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone?

playa pat bsb
07-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Know how to do the thing the guide talks about with sticking your mic to the speakers???

Dex
07-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Try asking this question in the thread where you read about it, and don't make new threads with ambiguous subjects like "Does anyone?"

:locked

playa pat bsb
07-22-2008, 11:58 PM
The thread where I read about it was THE GUIDE

grumpiercloud
07-23-2008, 01:02 AM
Know how to do the thing the guide talks about with sticking your mic to the speakers???

I consider that cheating... :/

sharonoagain
07-23-2008, 01:14 AM
Many of us do. Again, posting in the original thread would have been more helpful than starting a new thread.

playa pat bsb
07-23-2008, 01:23 AM
Ok sorry I asked
WOW you people kill me!!

soccerplaya13cj
07-23-2008, 01:34 AM
Ok sorry I asked
WOW you people kill me!!
But see, it's been answered many times. It doesn't work because of studio editing.

playa pat bsb
07-23-2008, 01:36 AM
But in one of the threads I read (dont remember where) someone said he got it to work sometimes

Dex
07-23-2008, 01:44 AM
But in one of the threads I read (dont remember where) someone said he got it to work sometimes
Again - find that thread and ask your question there.

I checked the last page of "the guide" as you call it, and found this post:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=901280&postcount=181
5 seconds and 2 mouse clicks and I found your answer & the thread you should have asked your question in. This isn't rocket science.

edd__
07-23-2008, 12:26 PM
Ok sorry I asked
WOW you people kill me!!
Oh, if only!

Xterm1n8or
07-23-2008, 12:36 PM
A simple "Unfortunately this has been answered before, here (link) is your answer my friend. Remember to use search next time." would have been appropriate.

No need to scare the guy away. Things like this give the site a reputation, this guy gets a hostile response, he doesn't recommend the site. Just take a look at the "other" achievement site nowadays, it is an absolute joke, snide comments and spam everywhere, let's not let x360a follow that way (I'm sure it won't).

I apologise OP, don't let this ruin your general view of the forums.

TwistedFate
07-23-2008, 01:09 PM
A simple "Unfortunately this has been answered before, here (link) is your answer my friend. Remember to use search next time." would have been appropriate.

Actually, this would not have been appropriate. Considering he already knew where the information was and deliberately started a new thread with a bad title, I think the response he got was appropriate.

People need a thicker skin if they consider this a hostile answer.

Xterm1n8or
07-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Actually, this would not have been appropriate. Considering he already knew where the information was and deliberately started a new thread with a bad title, I think the response he got was appropriate.

People need a thicker skin if they consider this a hostile answer.

Well it's hardly a friendly response to be honest, and that's what forums are generally meant to be , friendly. Yes if you are having a debate then maybe not, but if you are just asking a question there is no reason to expect people to be less than friendly.

Also he didn't ask what to do he asked how to do it. In that thread it basically says to put your mic up to your speakers, he is actually asking how to do it. Somebody gives settings for a specific dlc song but nothing else, it is all a bit vague.

I just did a quick search of "rock band cheat vocals" and came up with a few threads, notably this (http://x360a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51402&highlight=rock+band+cheat) one, which has quite an indepth discussion in that kind of thing.

Anyway that's beside the point, all I'm saying is he should have posted in the guide asking, and people are right to say it, but why not help him out aswell, and not be so negative.

Just saying he got 4 replies before he actually got an adequate answer..... Also just my opinion, not saying I'm right or wrong, just saying.

TwistedFate
07-23-2008, 03:50 PM
All of that is fine and dandy and you will get no argument from me (Dex can be a little strident on occasions) except on two points. 1) Most of us consider this cheating and these forums aren't here for cheating. They are here to help you get achievements legitimately. Exploits and cheats are frowned upon board wide. This is nothing specific to the RB forums.

And number 2:

Also he didn't ask what to do he asked how to do it. In that thread it basically says to put your mic up to your speakers, he is actually asking how to do it. Somebody gives settings for a specific dlc song but nothing else, it is all a bit vague.

We are all reasonably intelligent people here and shouldn't need our hands held but so much. He asked how to do it, and I think 'use these settings on this song and hold the microphone to the speaker' is pretty self-explanatory and shouldn't need any other explanation. You have bigger problems than how to get that 10 GS if 'hold the microphone to the speakers' goes over your head. We can only break it down so far before it becomes ridiculous, but here goes:

1) Take the mic in your left hand, not your right, your left.
2) Extend your left arm so that your left hand is roughly at the same height as your TV speakers. If you are holding the mic in your right hand, go back to step 1 and start over.
2) Position yourself so that the end of the mic you normally speak in is close to the TV speakers.
3) Start song.
4) Repeat step 3 until you actually get it to work.
5) Revel in the fact that you spent more time getting 10 whole GS that you didn't earn, then you would have spent if you had just sang the song.

They only give settings for that one song, because that is the only one anybody has been able to get it to work for and it doesn't work most of the time, so there really isn't a lot of information out there. Most people have figured out that it is actually easier just to sing the song than to try to cheat your way through it, anyway.

To the OP, don't be sorry you asked. Questions are how you learn. Just try to ask in the right spot. We aren't just being dicks, we are trying to keep some semblance of order in the forum and having 15 different threads on the same topic makes it harder to find the information wanted when somebody does a search. People are more likely to be helpful if you obey message board etiquette, that's all.

playa pat bsb
07-23-2008, 03:55 PM
All of that is fine and dandy and you will get no argument from me (Dex can be a little strident on occasions) except on two points. 1) Most of us consider this cheating and these forums aren't here for cheating. They are here to help you get achievements legitimately. Exploits and cheats are frowned upon board wide. This is nothing specific to the RB forums.

And number 2:

We are all reasonably intelligent people here and shouldn't need our hands held but so much. He asked how to do it, and I think 'use these settings on this song and hold the microphone to the speaker' is pretty self-explanatory and shouldn't need any other explanation. You have bigger problems than how to get that 10 GS if 'hold the microphone to the speakers' goes over your head. We can only break it down so far before it becomes ridiculous, but here goes:

1) Take the mic in your left hand, not your right, your left.
2) Extend your left arm so that your left hand is roughly at the same height as your TV speakers. If you are holding the mic in your right hand, go back to step 1 and start over.
2) Position yourself so that the end of the mic you normally speak in is close to the TV speakers.
3) Start song.
4) Repeat step 3 until you actually get it to work.
5) Revel in the fact that you spent more time getting 10 whole GS that you didn't earn, then you would have spent if you had just sang the song.

They only give settings for that one song, because that is the only one anybody has been able to get it to work for and it doesn't work most of the time, so there really isn't a lot of information out there. Most people have figured out that it is actually easier just to sing the song than to try to cheat your way through it, anyway.

To the OP, don't be sorry you asked. Questions are how you learn. Just try to ask in the right spot. We aren't just being dicks, we are trying to keep some semblance of order in the forum and having 15 different threads on the same topic makes it harder to find the information wanted when somebody does a search. People are more likely to be helpful if you obey message board etiquette, that's all.

OK thanks. And dont worry I changed my mind and ill go try Blitzkrieg Bop FOR REAL

TwistedFate
07-23-2008, 04:11 PM
OK thanks. And dont worry I changed my mind and ill go try Blitzkrieg Bop FOR REAL

Good choice, Blitzkrieg Bop is the song I got mine on. It's the same thing over and over. Don't worry about the words, just get the notes out.

sharonoagain
07-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Good! and Good Luck! If you have trouble with that, Paranoid is another good choice. :woop:

DevilGuy
07-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Good job! Cheating is stupid. I'd rather take 10 hours earning 1000 gamerscore than taking only a few hours boosting it.

Xterm1n8or
07-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Yeah I meant no bad respect towards anyone with my comments Twisted, I guess in an ideal world the forums would be all happy but the world isn't ideal, and it would be so boring if it was! Debate is good, a positive thing.

Anyway another good way is just to go "Ahhhhhhhhh" instead of singing. I failed Medium songs when actually singing, but when going "ahhhhh" its easy to get in the 90%s on expert. Don't know if this is considered cheating or not.....

Th3 Apache Dog
07-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Yeah I meant no bad respect towards anyone with my comments Twisted, I guess in an ideal world the forums would be all happy but the world isn't ideal, and it would be so boring if it was! Debate is good, a positive thing.

Anyway another good way is just to go "Ahhhhhhhhh" instead of singing. I failed Medium songs when actually singing, but when going "ahhhhh" its easy to get in the 90%s on expert. Don't know if this is considered cheating or not..... The ahh shouldn't be cheating, your actually trying at least lol. I tried putting the mic to my TV...it didn't work out so well:pAnyway I was able to beat it on expert...the last song killed me though:(

TwistedFate
07-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah I guess in an ideal world the forums would be all happy but the world isn't ideal, and it would be so boring if it was! Debate is good, a positive thing.

QFT

Anyway another good way is just to go "Ahhhhhhhhh" instead of singing. I failed Medium songs when actually singing, but when going "ahhhhh" its easy to get in the 90%s on expert. Don't know if this is considered cheating or not.....

I think a lot of people do that for this achievement. I wouldn't consider it cheating, because you are still doing all the work. It's actually the method we recommend for people who may not be very good at singing. It's just easier because you don't need to worry about getting the words right. Even though the game doesn't care about the words, messing them up often throws you off and will kill your 100% very easily.

Xterm1n8or
07-23-2008, 05:20 PM
QFT

I think a lot of people do that for this achievement. I wouldn't consider it cheating, because you are still doing all the work. It's actually the method we recommend for people who may not be very good at singing. It's just easier because you don't need to worry about getting the words right. Even though the game doesn't care about the words, messing them up often throws you off and will kill your 100% very easily.

The sad thing is I had to look up what QFT meant. :eek: I've seen it around often but never bothered to find out what it meant, anyway, glad you agree.

Iv VeNoM vI
07-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Almost all the kids on this thread always are telling people what to do. You need to shut up and mind your own buisness. If he did anything wrong then let a site administrater deal with it.

Matrarch
07-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Almost all the kids on this thread always are telling people what to do. You need to shut up and mind your own buisness. If he did anything wrong then let a site administrater deal with it.

One of the wonderful things about this site is that there's a high degree of self moderation. The mods and admins can't be expected to check every board everyday, so the regulars pitch in and make sure that things stay neat and constructive.

If people are not letting others know that there are better, more appropriate places to find and post your information, the board will become an absolute mess. The situation here has been resolved and now the original poster is aware there are better places for this type of query to be posted if he should choose to post in the future. Perhaps the people letting the OP know that come off as harsh, but when you see all the good threads related to this game get pushed to page 2 or 3 or so on due to people not using the wonderful search function or something similar, then you totally understand why the response is the way it is.

And how is it that "shut up and mind your own business" applies? The OP made it our business when he decided to post an unnecessary new thread. The choices then become either the answer he received here, which at least informs him how to use the board properly, or his post being ignored totally which not only doesn't answer his question, but also creates board clutter and doesn't let him know how to avoid that.

XVx KILL SWITCH
07-28-2008, 03:56 AM
Almost all the kids on this thread always are telling people what to do. You need to shut up and mind your own buisness. If he did anything wrong then let a site administrater deal with it. You should replace kids with Dex :p

Dex
07-28-2008, 07:56 AM
You should replace kids with Dex :p
So, it should say "Almost all the Dex on this thread"? *facepalm*

xCOBRAx
07-28-2008, 09:29 AM
You should replace kids with Dex :p

go ahead and add twisted, cougar, wiki, matrarch, and pretty much any of us who check this daily/ use it for a source of information.

Cut us some slack here, all we are trying to do is make this a respectable place to come and get legitimate and credible information. Futhermore, while the admins do a great job keeping this place nice, its unrealistic to expect them to monitor the forums of over 300 games and catch all the idiots out there. Thats the communities responsibility. Our abuse towards people who make stupid posts is just a friendly reminder to take some time and look around before you just assume that we have the time on our hands to answer the same question 50x.

For the people who use this site a lot and dont just have 10 posts and registered last month its quite annoying to come here and see 15 new threads to read only to discover that 10/15 are repeats. Theres a reason why we create official song help threads, dlc threads, achievement discussions and achievement trading threads. its because everyone has the same thing to say, keep it in the same thread

sharonoagain
07-28-2008, 01:37 PM

OH, and we're not all kids. Some of us are real life grownups that have jobs and kids of our own and *gasp* we can even vote!

Gaming is something we not only spend our extra cash on but our precious free time. The fact that we love RockBand is what brings us all here. We monitor our own forum decorum according to the rules that the site admins and moderators set forth when founding this place and we take it seriously. We would hope that new members take the time to read more than post for the first few days. If only everyone would do that, they would see how an excellent forum is run and appreciate it enough to, hopefully, want to contribute in a constructive way.

Just as an example, I read these forums for 2 months before becoming a member and in the 7 months of being a member, I believe I started one thread to show everyone a funky, funny drum mod I found. Any questions I have had about the game (and I have had a LOT) were answered by using the excellent Search function.

Search FTW!!

XVx KILL SWITCH
07-28-2008, 04:57 PM
So, it should say "Almost all the Dex on this thread"? *facepalm*
Now you know what Im sayin here.