PDA

View Full Version : Guide to Getting Online Wins to register when quitting (boosting)

CuppaChoc
07-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Rainman Andy and I boosted these last couple of nights, Couldn't get them to register (unless playing a full game) until we experimented and have found that to get the win to register...

1) take each other off friends list
2) find each other in superstar lobby and challenge
3) The person wanting the win needs to win the tip off and then go and score (helps if opponent drags their players out of the way).
4) The person quitting then once they have the ball back needs to select quit.
5) Person who wants the win select No
6) person quitting selects yes

Points 3+4 were the bits we had to work out. This seems to register the win without fail. This may be posted elsewhere, but we couldn't find it.

J.Waddo
08-01-2008, 01:25 AM
So does it unlock the achievements?

Parkerktm
08-01-2008, 03:51 AM
Yea, it seemed like some wins or "games played" were not registering.

J.Waddo
08-10-2008, 04:54 PM
It does work! Somehow...
Ok, me and my mate were attempting to do this, we did it once with me being the person who gets the win, after we did it, I didn't get the achievement. We repeated it 3 more times (making it 4 in total) and still no acievement. So we decided to play a full length game instead so I could get the "Win 1 Online ranked game" achievement, but after the game, a message came up saying "4 for 65g". I thought, wdf? So I went on my NBA 2K8 achievements to see that all these achievements had unlocked at the same time after that full length game:

Win 1 Online ranked match
Win 3 Online ranked matches in a row
Win 5 Online ranked matches in a row
Win 5 Online ranked matches
So, I pretty sure it has something to do with this method, so thanks CuppaChoc

bolide21
08-12-2008, 09:36 AM
From the x360a guide:

20 Online Ranked Wins:
For these achievements you need to win 5, 10, and 20 ranked matches, not consecutively. It is now possible to trade these achievements. What is needed to do is you can have somebody quit 19 times, and then the 20th game needs to be played legit, and then after the full game you will get 6 achievements unlocked(if you havenít gotten any online achievements yet).

gatorbait
08-18-2008, 07:04 PM
From the x360a guide:

20 Online Ranked Wins:
For these achievements you need to win 5, 10, and 20 ranked matches, not consecutively. It is now possible to trade these achievements. What is needed to do is you can have somebody quit 19 times, and then the 20th game needs to be played legit, and then after the full game you will get 6 achievements unlocked(if you havenít gotten any online achievements yet).

I'm assuming this still holds true?