PDA

View Full Version : Funniest thing ever in game

-equilibrium
07-25-2008, 03:05 AM
Ok now that I'm done laughing I can post. So I was messing around trying to nab an achievement and later on in the game when I had a boatload of money and production I bribed the arabs to attack the chinese while I completed atomic theory. They beat the chinese down, I finished the Man.Proj. and then dropped the bomb on the arabs. I triggered the diplomacy screen and when I went to Saladin (here comes the punch line ) sold him atomic theory. He never bothered to declare war on me.

Too funny.

A Satyr
07-25-2008, 05:42 AM
Funniest thing i did was told my Artillery unit to blast a legion army and the legion fled but they had the ocean to there backs so they were stuck running in place for almost a full minute while my arti kept missing and taking forever to kill them all off.

Donkeythebard
07-25-2008, 03:40 PM
One time my knights got beat by barbarians.. i was so confused.

Convercide
07-25-2008, 03:47 PM
My funniest moment so far was when one civ said the rest of the world wouldn't condone the use of my nuke if I attacked them with it. The only problem being that I was the rest of the world. That civ was the last one left and I'd spared their capital to get some achievements.

What was I supposed to do? Use the nuke and then berate myself for using it?

LilMissRoxy
07-25-2008, 03:48 PM

Ok.. that's just wrong :(

ColossalKiller7
07-25-2008, 04:56 PM
I was concentrating on a cultural victory one time so I didn't build the nuke this time. I was destroying the other civs in tech. I had superconductor already so I built the SDI defense. The stupid Chinese launched the nuke on me and my SDI defense shot it down. Oh don't you feel stupid Mao? So right after he lost his nuke he tried to make a peace treaty with me. I brought about 20 wings of Lancaster Bombers, 10 Battleship fleets, 10 artillery and 10 modern infantry armies over and completley annihalted him.

-equilibrium
07-25-2008, 05:08 PM
I love when that happens.

A Satyr
07-25-2008, 08:42 PM
I lost 2/3 of a Modern infantry unit on king mode to Dart barbarians on Alpha centari...

Bondfan626
07-27-2008, 12:54 AM
Either when Gandhi declares war on you, or when the U.S. changed their government to communism. Both had me laughing.

shaneonoke
07-28-2008, 12:55 PM
launching the nuke at barbarian villages that are left

G315T
07-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Either when Gandhi declares war on you, or when the U.S. changed their government to communism. Both had me laughing.

That would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad that the AI's are all so cookie-cutter that they don't have distinguishable personalities. Any difference you see in their behavior is a mathematical quirk based on their starting conditions and their era bonuses.

shaneonoke
07-29-2008, 01:04 AM
i call shenanigans

emmaDOOM
07-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Ok this has nothing to do with previous posts but i think it's funny:

when the domestic advisor (woman in blue) talks...she sounds like she's saying ''poo'' and ''pooey'' i'm immature, take no notice. :D

RiverCityDak
08-04-2008, 06:19 AM
I had just researched one of the seafaring techs, I don't remember exactly which one, but I was the first civilization to get it, and thus I get a free boat. However, the game placed the boat by a city whose only access to water was a small, two square lake.

Also, while doing the great person trick on Beta Centauri, I was near the end and my cities had crazy-high production numbers. I decided to build a tank in one city to take out the last opponent. But since my production was through the roof, I ended up building 67 tanks in that one turn.

eXtreme 1138
08-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Playing an online game of teams with Arabs and Americans on one team, and English and French on the other. Heehee.

Donkeythebard
08-04-2008, 11:23 PM
I love it when 0.5 barbs kill anything thats got 5+ on def or attck.

Monev Setzura
08-05-2008, 04:35 AM
Building the Great Wall and having Genghis Khan ask for peace.

ColossalKiller7
08-06-2008, 10:27 PM
About 3 weeks ago, when I last played Civilization Revolution, my one Modern Infantry army got glitched into a mountain. So everything would attack me and they couldn't kill my army.

IceMan 8619
08-07-2008, 06:10 AM
Tech Guy "Durka Durka".... enough said.

True I Skill
08-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Lol, Mm. I Like messing about with the civilizeations like that. being there friend until your army of 30 diffrent groups are ready outside there city, Then attack them after they've left you alone the whole game..

Also how do you pay city's to attack another city? God, i suck at this game -.-

eXtreme 1138
08-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Also how do you pay city's to attack another city? God, i suck at this game -.-

If you're at peace with a civ, go to the diplomacy panel, select a leader, then "discuss" world events with them. Select the leader you want them to attack, and then they should ask for money to go to war for a few turns.

DevilGuy
08-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Lol, today I was playing, and I was in King, and the money game is scenario. I think it's called Moneys' all that Matters or something like that. I was working on getting the achievement for economy victory in King, and I got 8 milestones, right? So, in my main city, I started building the world bank. Then everyone declared war on me! So from all sides I was getting attacked.

I thought, people can't attack me if I have people in the base! So I used my 3 other citys to build roads and every turn sending three pikemen over to my mainbase. I managed to survive 20 turns for my world bank to be built, even though they had artileries and I was using Pikemen. :D