Fighting Against The Modders for Halo 3

PoLiShBuTcHeR

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to fix modding but also must stop, stand-bying... as they are equally ruining the game.... I have a lot of idea for anti-modding, a couple of things can be put in to stop it... Like if someone got over a certain amount in a certain time, than they would be punished, or they could keep track of how times they get hit by each type of bullet and if they havent died, and the stats indicate they shouldve.... Anyways, It's nice to see some Polaks playing Games, As I dont think I've ever talked to one yet...

hahaha, yeah those lil bastards piss me off

but i think i have a solution:

maybe if WE mod ours, and make Master Chief look like a naked girl, we can get a drop on them while they're trying to figure out why their pants are growing

roflmao0o0

Bungie is trying to stop the cheating, and if you werr banned in halo2, u will be banned in halo3. Ex: my account, MoB BeRsErKeR, gets banned in halo2 for cheating or something, i will be banned from halo3 match making aswell.

• 2 weeks later...
Ghosts don't run, they don't even have legs! :biglaugh

But anyways, people might not mod right away, but I know there will be a lot of bridging, probably even on the first day of release.

I think he was referring to the "vehicle" from Halo 2. Just an assumption, but that's how it came off to me.

• 10 months later...

i dont think there will be that much of a problem, i mean isnt xbox live going to ban the xbox, not the account if they are caught cheating?

i've talked to someone at bungie, and they said they was going to watch people's connection, and halo3 is going to have its own feedback that you can put on cheaters

I have two sides to this

1) I dont relle like modders and cheaters on MatchMaking

but

2) I am one, kinda, few months back when i played H2 alot I would bridge my friends make them host then they would do the hacking... but it mostly custom game/ not too much matchmaking

As long as you have 12 year olds, you have cheats
Not the case.

I know a guy who's way too good at Halo 2. I mean, he can get a sticky grenade on you from the other end of Lockout if he knows you're there, even if you're taking cover, and that's just the least impressive skill he shows off.

If someone who isn't as skilled goes against someone like him, there's little chance of him scoring a kill, much less of winning the match.

So, what does he do? He'll find a way to mod the game, probably, he could go hunting down glitches and using them to his advantage. When faced with nearly impossible odds, the lesser skilled player will seek anything that could give him an advantage, no matter how small.

I've seen people making use of glitches at Halo and modding to their advantage at countless PC games.

Sometimes, they're not really unskilled, but they just want more ways to toy with their prey before they deliver the final strike. (worst situation I've encountered): See-through-Walls Sniper Rifle, which the enemy had in Counterstrike. Before we could move out, the entire team was slaughtered.