PDA

View Full Version : For Those Looking for Sargon

Seraph Metatron
07-27-2008, 01:01 AM
I don't know if there is any consistency in the appearance of Great People, but I got Sargon (my last GP) today playing the game of the week. I researched, Pottery, Ceremonial Burial, then Bronze Working. Sargon was about my 2nd or 3rd GP to appear. Just wanted to through this out there.

Filipesian
08-01-2008, 12:38 AM
I tried something similar to this and was having no luck, so I modified things a little. It seems that the appearance of Great People is random to a degree. Certain people generally seem to show up in certain eras (this is not absolute, there are always exceptions). I tried the method above, and was not getting Sargon. I kept getting Homer, Gilgamesh, Marco Polo, and other "older era" Great People. So, I had a lot of different saves, and I kept modifying what I was researching when the Great Person came up and what I had already researched prior. I honestly don't remember what it was, but it finally happened for me. So, if you're looking for Sargon in particular, I would say do the above method, but save a lot and if it doesn't work, keep playing around with your technologies.

MartiniKiss
08-01-2008, 08:46 PM
thanks i needed him
now would you know how to get plato by any chance? :)

Chud 360
08-01-2008, 09:27 PM
It felt like the Great people appeared randomly for me. I could be wrong tho. I basically had all cities farming culture until i got the last guy (Homer in my case) to pop up.

David x360a
01-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Wow, that really worked! Got him as my first GP :) Thanks buddy!

dda24
03-04-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm gonna post on here just cause they never seem to pop up until you post about them. Ok Sargon come to me so I can send this annoying game back to gamefly...

edit: See it worked. Got it the next day I played it. Still took like 3 more games, but compaired to the 30 or so I played before the post was worth it.

EricDC
04-06-2009, 03:55 AM
Does anyone know how to get Sargon to appear? I have tried literally everything. I have done two full games where I unlocked over 40 great people per game out of the 49 total, but no Sargon. Sargon is supposedly from the ancient era and his technology is Bronze Working. I have tried researching bronze working in the ancient era and then having a great person appear, but still no luck. I have tried to get him to appear while in the middle of researching bronze working in the ancient era, but no luck. I have tried both of these methods over 30 times each. I have tried EVERYTHING to get him to appear, but I'm about to give up. Any help please???

EDIT: OMG. I have been going for Sargon for almost 6 months now. He finally appeared the VERY NEXT GAME after I posted this post above. I guess dda24 was right. Once you post about him, he appears. But here's how I got him step-by-step:

1. Started a new game using French on Chieftan difficulty.
2. Next I went to manage workers after settling my city and changed it from "balanced" to "food"
3. Right before the first population growth I saved the game.
4. After pop. growth, I went to manage workers and changed it from "food" to "science" and I set my first research to horseback riding
5. Then the game auto-simmed a few turns until horseback riding was researched. Next, I researched bronze working
6. My first Great person appeared on the exact same turn that I finished bronze working and it happened to be Sargon

NOTE: IDK if it makes a difference, but pottery was already automatically researched for me, so horseback riding, pottery, and bronze working is what it took me to get Sargon

I hope this helps those in need of Sargon

Ibeliamoyes
04-18-2009, 12:15 AM
The Civilopedia has the great people listed and what tech they require to show up. There's a degree of chance in that though. If you had a higher tech then a different one may appear.

Doom Eye
04-25-2009, 07:52 PM
OMG he is my last GP and i tried the hole day to get him, but noooooo :mad:

BL00DLVST
06-14-2011, 03:05 PM
last gp that has taken over 15 games so far... I really think this game is designed to piss you off. All the other GPS that I needed unlocked in a single round of focusing their techs but noooooooooooo sargon doesnt work that way.

Jake12137
07-23-2011, 12:00 AM
Does anyone know how to get Sargon to appear? I have tried literally everything. I have done two full games where I unlocked over 40 great people per game out of the 49 total, but no Sargon. Sargon is supposedly from the ancient era and his technology is Bronze Working. I have tried researching bronze working in the ancient era and then having a great person appear, but still no luck. I have tried to get him to appear while in the middle of researching bronze working in the ancient era, but no luck. I have tried both of these methods over 30 times each. I have tried EVERYTHING to get him to appear, but I'm about to give up. Any help please???

EDIT: OMG. I have been going for Sargon for almost 6 months now. He finally appeared the VERY NEXT GAME after I posted this post above. I guess dda24 was right. Once you post about him, he appears. But here's how I got him step-by-step:

2. Next I went to manage workers after settling my city and changed it from "balanced" to "food"
4. After pop. growth, I went to manage workers and changed it from "food" to "science" and I set my first research to horseback riding
5. Then the game auto-simmed a few turns until horseback riding was researched. Next, I researched bronze working
6. My first Great person appeared on the exact same turn that I finished bronze working and it happened to be Sargon

NOTE: IDK if it makes a difference, but pottery was already automatically researched for me, so horseback riding, pottery, and bronze working is what it took me to get Sargon

You're a frikken genious! After hours of trying, I finally unlocked Sargon (my last person needed) with your method. Many thanks friend!

Shobbzane
12-09-2011, 03:48 AM

I hope this helps those in need of Sargon[/QUOTE]

WOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWW!!! FINALLY!! I did this like 5 or 6 times and the achievement popped. THANKS A MILLION!:woop:

ReeKorl
01-30-2012, 03:13 PM
After spending about three hours with no joy using the above process, I decided to modify it a little. Picked India on Chieftain and did the following:

1. Change workers to Food
2. Set warrior to defend.
3. Waited until city grows in size by 1
4. Change research to Bronze Working
5. Change Workers to Science
6. Wait until Bronze Working completed
7. Change workers to Gold
8. Keep hitting wait until the GP pops

10 minutes later, up comes Sargon, so it really is just Bronze Working that's required as far as tech goes.

For some reason, sometimes when using the process EricDC gave, the GP that appears will always be the same (in my case Thomas Becket - 27 times in a row!). To fix this just restart the game from the dashboard.

Arnhell
03-27-2012, 05:56 AM
Here's my can't get Sargon post,so I should unlock him right now.

CoMmAnDo89
05-28-2012, 11:08 PM

Here's my post to get Sargon... Can't believe I'm resorting to this.
Bad luck is bad luck.

Edit: OMFG. You kidding me? Took me a bit longer, like 7GP in, but I got my last GP: Sargon.
Followed above and then just flipped science to gold, spammed food and built whatever was available to me. Thanks all, haha...

Arnhell
03-31-2013, 06:36 AM
Here's my can't get Sargon post,so I should unlock him right now.

Worked today out of the blue. Hooray. Almost cried when I saw the chieve pop up.

My advice that isn't above.

1. Start a game as French.
2. All people straight to science.
3. Research straight to Bronze work.
4. Start building stone Henge.
5. Then and this is important SAVE YOUR GAME, this will save a lot of time.
6. When Bronze work is complete research whatever you like, doesn't matter.
7. Switch populace to Production to get Stone Henge finished. Then just pass the time, keep building Wonders for culture. Don't build troops or anything else.
8. If Medieval Age pops up you've missed him. Reload your save game and try again.

You'll notice you get a lot of the same guys, Homer and Gilgamesh and the like, these are the ancient guys and Sargon is (being of Mesopotania, wiki it) most definitely also an ancient guy. He MAY appear in another era, but you are MOST LIKELY to get him in Ancient era, the one you start in.

It helps if you get a scenario with no nearby civ's to disturb you, it helps if you have lots of water around to start with, but the only thing that really matters is Bronze Work and ancien era, that's the key to get Sargon to appear. Bronze Work was the only research I'd completed when he appeared for me.

BIGDOOKY15
04-29-2013, 01:32 AM
Thanks, finally got him this morning.

Stranglebob
06-24-2013, 11:01 PM
It took me many attempts, but I finally got it on French chieftan, without even having bronze-working skill. I upgraded city once, then learned ceremonial burial, when the gp appeared it was Sargon, and the achievement popped.

I think it is mostly random, and for some reason Sargon doesn't like appearing.

Zombspawn
08-01-2013, 11:33 AM
@Arnhell thanks a lot for that strat. It worked for me. Definitely use this!