PDA

View Full Version : 700 MS Points!!

Grogan
07-27-2008, 01:17 AM
Who else is disappointed in the price of this expansion? I loved Puzzle Quest and I want to download but I think this is way too much for only 30 missions and 3 achievements.

ShaunMichael80
07-27-2008, 01:20 AM
oh my god, i thought it was like 150 lol...MS is a joke

Motrahtox
07-27-2008, 02:21 AM
Its been stated complained about in a couple other threads as well that worse yet it only takes 3+ hours to complete for achievements. Sure there are four new classes of character, but only a Puzzle Quest junkie is going to explore and play as all of them to see the differences.

RougeRogue
07-29-2008, 05:29 PM
oh my god, i thought it was like 150 lol...MS is a joke

What makes you think that MS has that much to do with the pricing?

Blame Infinite Interactive (http://www.infinite-interactive.com/index.php) and D3 Publisher (http://www.d3publisher.us/), the respective developer and publisher for the game . . . .

Thunderbolton
08-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Yeah it's way too steep for just 3 achievements and 30 quests.

thekingofkings
08-15-2008, 04:20 PM

Blame Infinite Interactive (http://www.infinite-interactive.com/index.php) and D3 Publisher (http://www.d3publisher.us/), the respective developer and publisher for the game . . . .

Seriously TOO many people think that Microsoft makes these prices for the downloadable content when it would cost the same no matter WHERE you bought it. If this was on PS3 or Wii it would cost the same. Wait how's this for an even better one. This type of content wouldn't even be available if there was no Marketplace since they would have to charge 19.99 for a disc and would you want that? People need to drop the whole Microsoft is crap thing it isn't them. I mena look at Wiiware 10 bucks for Table Tennis? 10 bucks for Genesis games you already beat 100 times when you were 9?

AOS Puck
08-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Seriously TOO many people think that Microsoft makes these prices for the downloadable content

Dude, what are you talking about? Microsoft has the FINAL say in the pricing of stuff on the Marketplace. Companies can suggest the price they want to sell their product at, but Microsoft makes the final decision.

Krilekk
08-16-2008, 01:23 AM
That's BS. Microsoft only suggests prices, the developer/publisher makes the price.

UNLV Alum
09-18-2008, 11:52 PM
That's a bit much.

I'd do about 400 without a problem though.

I'm fairly certain that MS wouldn't allow a game that's higher than their range. Having lots of games above that line wouldn't help the 360 any.

mighty1
10-20-2008, 12:46 AM
i dont mean to add any fuel to the fire but ms does in a way have the final say when it comes to the charge prices for content in the marketplace. i can't think of the game right now cause i haven't played it in so long but the development team for the game wanted dlc avaialable in the marketplace for free but ms said that they had to charge for the content cause they felt that it would be very profitable and instead a deal was made where the content would be available for free months down the road. the same thing occured with the gow maps. epic wanted the maps to be free initially but ms wanted to charge for the maps and so the maps were charged and became avaialble for free months down the road. i don't think people should get upset over who's at fault for price content in the marketplace but instead ask themeselves the following in general:

-how much do they like puzzle quest ( or their XBLA games & 360 titles ) ?
-how much do they like achievements?
-can they afford to pay anywhere between 80-800 ms points for possible dlc?

if its a yes all the way across then its really not a problem but if there's a no for any or all of these questions then moving on to another title of intrest would be the best move

Veritas34
12-03-2008, 05:23 PM
has anyone purchased this?

pinkpanfa
12-03-2008, 06:05 PM
I may buy it but I figure the price will drop when no one is playing this game anymore. We're not quite there yet.

Give it some time.

Oldbeagle
01-09-2009, 04:13 AM
I doubt the price will drop.

The only thing I remember being price dropped was the halo map pack....besides arcade hits or whatever.

Evil ColSanders
01-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Well, it's Jan 20, 2009 and it STILL is 700 points. F that.

Grogan
01-24-2009, 09:05 PM
It is a load of crap.....I feel it should have been sold for 200-400 points.

Beansac McGee
02-19-2009, 09:25 PM
February 19.... No drop. :rant:

http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/Beansac+McGee.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/Beansac+McGee)

Greg0fTheDead
03-02-2009, 08:08 PM
its just eight bucks to expand a game I love, im getting it

chrisnottm
03-09-2009, 11:14 PM
its just eight bucks to expand a game I love, im getting it

I loved it as much as anyone but 700 points?
The Maw is giving us another 3 levels for 100msp each.
As soon as this DLC drops below 500 i'll get it but i'm not a fan of being ripped off lol.

moshr666
03-10-2009, 06:29 AM
grr this needs to go in the deal of the week promotion

TwistedFate
03-14-2009, 05:00 AM
@mighty1, the game in question is Gears of Wars. This is everybody's favorite "MS sets the price" argument. MS wouldn't let the map pack come out for free, because MS was the publisher of the game. Just because they set the price for this does not mean they set the price for all DLC. Publishers set the price, not MS unless MS is also the publisher.

@chrisnottm, The Maw DLC = 100 points for ~20 minutes of play. 100 points per 20 minutes = 300 points an hour. At that rate you hit 700 points in 2 hours and 20 minutes. With this DLC lasting about 3 hours, The Maw DLC is actually more of a rip-off.

moshr666
03-14-2009, 06:20 AM
@mighty1, the game in question is Gears of Wars. This is everybody's favorite "MS sets the price" argument. MS wouldn't let the map pack come out for free, because MS was the publisher of the game. Just because they set the price for this does not mean they set the price for all DLC. Publishers set the price, not MS unless MS is also the publisher.

@chrisnottm, The Maw DLC = 100 points for ~20 minutes of play. 100 points per 20 minutes = 300 points an hour. At that rate you hit 700 points in 2 hours and 20 minutes. With this DLC lasting about 3 hours, The Maw DLC is actually more of a rip-off.

but people dont mind (including myself) paying 100mp, i have a difficult time justifying paying for a game add-on that costs almost as much as the cost of the game ( i paid 800mp)

grumpiercloud
03-15-2009, 02:20 AM
Well if there are people who love Puzzle Quest THAT much they would definitely buy it. Especially the people who would want to go through the game with every class ect. It depends on how you view it really. So if you wanted to go through the game with every class thats 8 classes. *I think* total. And if the DLC is an extra 3ish hours thats 24 extra hours of gameplay for the Puzzle Quest junkie. Right?

TwistedFate
03-15-2009, 03:34 AM
but people dont mind (including myself) paying 100mp, i have a difficult time justifying paying for a game add-on that costs almost as much as the cost of the game ( i paid 800mp)

Why not? You paid more for The Maw which doesn't last as long this expansion does.

I totally understand the concept behind the feelings on the lower price point. I bought the Maw DLC, but I didn't buy the Puzzle Quest DLC. It has nothing to do with it being 700 points, since I'm a firm believer in value for your money. I just didn't want the Puzzle Quest DLC.

Everybody has to make their decisions as to whether to buy or not, but all I'm trying to point out is that using The Maw DLC as an example of great pricing verses Puzzle Quest is flawed since The Maw is nowhere near the value that Puzzle Quest is. I have completed The Maw and both DLC maps, and I have more time spent playing Puzzle Quest already and I haven't even finished it.

CutmanMike
04-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Other than the abilities and the look of the classes, are there any other differences? Story etc?

x KrazieNoob x
09-09-2009, 05:19 AM
This expansion cost more then the game it self! ( only this week though because it's on the deal of the week =p ). But yeah. no way I'm paying 700 msp for it.

freeleeday
09-11-2009, 04:58 PM
This expansion cost more then the game it self! ( only this week though because it's on the deal of the week =p ). But yeah. no way I'm paying 700 msp for it.

Well see, now that I got the game for 400 msp with the DotW, I'm going to get the expansion DLC because if you were to buy the game at full price, it's like getting the DLC for 300 points instead of 700.

Full Game: 800 :: 400
DLC: 700 :: 700

Total: 1500 :: 1100

Either way, this game is far to addicting and cutting into my sleep schedule. Must. Beat. One. More.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice how old the previous posts were.

Ducino
09-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Well see, now that I got the game for 400 msp with the DotW, I'm going to get the expansion DLC because if you were to buy the game at full price, it's like getting the DLC for 300 points instead of 700.

Full Game: 800 :: 400
DLC: 700 :: 700

Total: 1500 :: 1100

Either way, this game is far to addicting and cutting into my sleep schedule. Must. Beat. One. More.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice how old the previous posts were.
The original price was 2400 or 1200 microsoft points , not 800..

turismo4873
09-14-2009, 02:46 AM
lol free I know the feeling. I bought RB beatles and GH5 this week and still ignored them to play PuzzleQuest. I'll get the DLC 700MSP or not simply because I love the game that much

Torrne
09-15-2009, 06:50 PM

Actually, I'm not certain about this but I believe I saw a thread the other day stating that a Developer had trouble arguing with MS over pricing on an XBLA game. If I can find where I read that, I'll link it in here. Hearsay until then, sorry.

DanTheManGum
09-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Actually, I'm not certain about this but I believe I saw a thread the other day stating that a Developer had trouble arguing with MS over pricing on an XBLA game. If I can find where I read that, I'll link it in here. Hearsay until then, sorry.

Its become pretty evident that even though publishers have suggested prices, MS has the final say (refer to above and add L4D dlc coming - which would have been free). I am loving Puzzle Quest though and will get the DLC. Im trying to find "my" class though atm.

enilson
09-23-2009, 11:21 PM

It's not just items MS publishes. Many developers have quietly complained about MS controlling pricing.

For example, the new DLC for Left 4 Dead coming out the last week of September. Valve is releasing it for free to PC (because they control the Steam distribution system) and for 560 MSP (or something close to that) on XBOX. They have said publically that the reason for the difference is Microsoft.

I'm sure Sony has a say in the pricing for PS3 as well - we just don't hear about that as much because MS is a bigger target - but MS does stick their nose into pricing on a regular basis.

Avenger
10-02-2009, 08:55 PM
The original price was 2400 or 1200 microsoft points , not 800..

It originally cost 1200 MS when I bought it, so those who got it during the recent deal of the week only paid 400 - and could still pay 700 for the expansion and get it cheaper than many paid for just the main game.

PQ COTW was still a great deal at 1200 MS, but you can't help buy feel cheated when it goes on sale for 400 and we are still asked another 700 for the expansion :(

deano ward
01-14-2010, 12:23 PM
and as of January 14th 2010.....the dlc is still 700 points and has never been in the deal of the week. I am tempted to buy it for the extra achievements and the the level 50 cap to be taken off as everytime i go online i'm up against a level 60.

WithTheDawn
07-26-2010, 09:05 AM
July 2010 and its still 700 points...and I bought the entire game for 400. What a joke, I'd love to get it, but there is no way I'm paying almost double what I paid for this game for 3 hours on content. Even 400 points is a bit steep for that, IMO.

bluphraust
08-26-2010, 04:23 AM
Almost Sept. now, still 700, and I will still wait. :p

ddrlenz
10-11-2010, 05:48 PM
October 11- still 700 pts. :(

kvazzy20
10-19-2010, 07:59 AM
will this ever get a pricecut??

denarse
12-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Really doesn't look like it, there have been several special offers on loads of arcade titles and arcade add-ons but still not this, infact I got Puzzle Quest 2 for less than this. Pretty terrible.

Killerchronic
10-26-2011, 06:30 PM
That's BS. Microsoft only suggests prices, the developer/publisher makes the price.

No, Developers suggest prices, MS has final say. Valve wanted to release its expansions for games for free the same way it does on the PC but MS wouldn't allow it. So tell me again how the devs set the prices?

Yes i know this is an old thread but its in the top 5 threads on this forum so i deemed it worthy of still posting in :P

Kankui
02-07-2013, 01:15 AM
Price cut!

CyberPunch83
09-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Price is still cut, down to 400MSP, or $4.99 as they insist on putting now. Also, the whole game has been discounted to $4.99, so if anyone is looking for online matches to get that last achievement, this is the time to get it! Not sure how long this sale is going to be, possibly a permanent reduction. Either way, get on it.