PDA

View Full Version : Sabotage...

XVx KILL SWITCH
07-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Im tryin to get flawless singing. how do you sing sabotage on expert?

nightmare975
07-27-2008, 05:13 PM
You have to actually say the words in the song, which is tougher than you think.

I'd do another song IMHO.

Dex
07-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Really? You asked about passing Run to the Hills yesterday, and I suggested the official song help thread.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=83266

You need me to suggest it again?

try the Official Song Help Thread
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=75275 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=75275)

Apparently someone didn't get the hint. And I am trying not to be rude about it...

workbench
07-27-2008, 05:57 PM
lol dex.

the singing is hard for us mere mortals. i suggest an ass load of practice. even then u might never be able lol.

themikewoo
07-27-2008, 06:09 PM
I agree it is very hard to 100% that song because it is all "rapping". I don't fully understand how the game know's when you break or complete a phrase but I suggest singing Blitzkrieg Bop. I recently got this achievement and I was attempting to get it on All the Small Things, Don't Fear the Reaper, and Little Sister. I can 99% those songs.

Mike255
07-27-2008, 06:27 PM
This is the absolute worst song to try and 100%. Do a song you know. Like i did Paraniod by Black Sabbath. But i played it on the piano cause im a cheater like that

themikewoo
07-27-2008, 06:36 PM
But i played it on the piano cause im a cheater like that
What do you mean exactly?

Mike255
07-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Stuck my mic next to my piano speakers and learned the vocal chart of the song. Pretty repetitive. I was desperate to get the achievement but now i can do it on my own.

xCOBRAx
07-28-2008, 01:35 AM
Im tryin to get flawless singing. how do you sing sabotage on expert?

im wondering if you have a brain, or for that matter even look at the posts you make after you have made them?

XVx KILL SWITCH
07-28-2008, 03:29 AM
im wondering if you have a brain, or for that matter even look at the posts you make after you have made them? I agree that post was kind of retarted, but anyone who has ever sang this song ( especially if your on a rock band forum) would know what Im talking about, so...

xCOBRAx
07-28-2008, 09:22 AM
I agree that post was kind of retarted, but anyone who has ever sang this song ( especially if your on a rock band forum) would know what Im talking about, so...

what?!?! i dont really even know what your trying to say here. and if your trying to say i dont visit the rock band forums often well then just look for my posts. Sabbotage sucks, its the worst song to try and get 100% on, and furthermore myself and dex were just making fun of you for posting two threads that belonged in another.

search function ftw

XVx KILL SWITCH
07-28-2008, 05:02 PM
what?!?! i dont really even know what your trying to say here. and if your trying to say i dont visit the rock band forums often well then just look for my posts. Sabbotage sucks, its the worst song to try and get 100% on, and furthermore myself and dex were just making fun of you for posting two threads that belonged in another.

search function ftw
Oh you where making fun of me(oh rly?) far enough... but how the hell do you not know what Im talking about?

sharonoagain
07-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Now you're just being belligerent.

XVx KILL SWITCH
07-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Im 15, don't expect me to know what that word means.

Dex
07-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Im 15, don't expect me to know what that word means.

At the very least, she expected you to know what the word "dictionary" means.

XVx KILL SWITCH
07-29-2008, 01:18 AM
At the very least, she expected you to know what the word "dictionary" means.
I play sports and video games, the only time I even look at a dictionary is at a place called "school".

sharonoagain
07-29-2008, 01:54 AM
Sorry, I was using a word that my kids (14 and 16) both know and use. I assumed it was a common word. I'll remember next time.

XVx KILL SWITCH
07-29-2008, 03:20 AM
Do you know the rule of assuming?

TwistedFate
07-29-2008, 03:41 AM
Do you know the rule of assuming?

Sharon teaches in an elementary school. She has a pretty good idea what you should and should not know at 15.

SebastianSB
07-29-2008, 06:54 AM
wow...cool it down everyone. It's likely that Kill Switch is just new to forums in general. Things that may be common sense to us could still be foreign to him and flaming him every time he does something is hardly fair. You can be polite, or you can be overly rude and cause pages of useless flaming.

xCOBRAx
07-29-2008, 07:28 AM
I play sports and video games, the only time I even look at a dictionary is at a place called "school".

really? thats too bad, i dont proclaim to be the best student but i am reading something and a single word makes a sentence unrecognizable, then i look it up. Have fun being a janitor.

wow...cool it down everyone. It's likely that Kill Switch is just new to forums in general. Things that may be common sense to us could still be foreign to him and flaming him every time he does something is hardly fair. You can be polite, or you can be overly rude and cause pages of useless flaming.

you make a good point, and i would be happy to oblige except this isnt the first, nor the second time this is happened. we were all light hearted at first but now its just moved to insanity.

Dex
07-29-2008, 07:51 AM
But you obviously have the internet... you do realize you can use it to look up words, right?

It would have been a lot simpler for you to look it up on dictionary.com and ended it there, rather than say (to paraphrase) "duh... me not know word you say" and make us all respect you and your opinion a little bit less.

KFZ Scrubs
07-29-2008, 11:57 AM
ohh man.... i was hopin i coul jus make sounds into the mic to get a perfect.... shoot.

XVx KILL SWITCH
07-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Ok, dex and cobra u really gotta stfu, maybe I do not have 500+ posts and play video games everyday, but come on, what thee hell is your problem? its a damn forum so quit bein whiney ass bitches

Poisonheadcrab
07-30-2008, 04:45 AM
Sabotage is the closest thing to rap in this game. Rap is a bunch of words with a music background. The words usually are sent out very quickly. Although the guide if I recall recommends this one, that's only if you lack any skills in the pitch section. This is highly unrecommended. Pick a short song that you have memorized and then go until you get it. Remember not to change octaves unless the song itself does. I'm not a natural singer, so that's about all I could say that may help.

xCOBRAx
07-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Ok, dex and cobra u really gotta stfu, maybe I do not have 500+ posts and play video games everyday, but come on, what thee hell is your problem? its a damn forum so quit bein whiney ass bitches

if only i didnt live in fear of the mods of this site my famous tagline would come out right now its something around the lines of !#$ a #$@

KFZ Scrubs
07-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Sabotage is the closest thing to rap in this game. Rap is a bunch of words with a music background. The words usually are sent out very quickly. Although the guide if I recall recommends this one, that's only if you lack any skills in the pitch section. This is highly unrecommended. Pick a short song that you have memorized and then go until you get it. Remember not to change octaves unless the song itself does. I'm not a natural singer, so that's about all I could say that may help.
Dang... i can't rap and the octave thing was hard enough to do on expert.... crap this is gonna take sum time.

OldWIKI TIK
07-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Sabatoge is by far not an easy 100%. I can't do it yet and do not plan on trying anymore. I suggest Paranoid by Black Sabbath or download My Sharona. They are both a pretty consistent tone and should take minimal effort to FC. Maybe Matrarch could tell you how she lucked out and FC'd sabatoge, but IDK.

SebastianSB
07-30-2008, 04:56 PM
I suggest Paranoid by Black Sabbath or download My Sharona. They are both a pretty consistent tone and should take minimal effort to FC. Maybe Matrarch could tell you how she lucked out and FC'd sabatoge, but IDK.

I would also suggest Troublemaker by Weezer. I haven't managed a 100% yet on expert but I can 99% Troublemaker, My Sharona, and Paranoid.

ThtPepsiNagger
07-30-2008, 09:33 PM
you know what worked for me
i pulled my mouth away from the mic and said the words
sometimes if your mouth is too close the words wont register
sounds wierd but its true
give it a shot

OldWIKI TIK
07-31-2008, 12:07 AM
you know what worked for me
i pulled my mouth away from the mic and said the words
sometimes if your mouth is too close the words wont register
sounds wierd but its true
give it a shot

This is very true, forgot to mention that. I go one further though and make sure my mic sensitivity is set at 2 above bottom, seems to help all around with it not as sensitive. Meaning if your wavers a bit under held notes, it does not notice as well.

Matrarch
07-31-2008, 01:23 AM
Sabatoge is by far not an easy 100%. I can't do it yet and do not plan on trying anymore. I suggest Paranoid by Black Sabbath or download My Sharona. They are both a pretty consistent tone and should take minimal effort to FC. Maybe Matrarch could tell you how she lucked out and FC'd sabatoge, but IDK.

That's just it. I lucked out. I've never been able to even come close to re-doing that. :)

There are plenty of songs that are fairly simple since they maintain a similar pitch throughout. Snow, for example, is wordy, but if you ignore the words it's pretty much the same couple of phrases over and over again.

xCOBRAx
08-01-2008, 09:09 AM
theres definatly something weird about the talky parts because as both of the above posts have stated, i seem to get "awesome" on them when the mic is about a foot or two feet away from my mouth. only way i was able to FC tell me baby