PDA

View Full Version : % question for first castle

xxbloodandthunderxx
07-28-2008, 08:18 PM
can someone tell me if the first castle is supposed to be 100.1% or 100.3%? ive heard multiple people say its either one and im stuck 99.6% without fighting richter, can someone point out where im missing rooms?

below is the best picture i could take for my map any help is appreciated (if you could circle the area where the missing room is that would be nice :])

DHsBnDtNvrWs
07-29-2008, 07:00 PM
can someone tell me if the first castle is supposed to be 100.1% or 100.3%? ive heard multiple people say its either one and im stuck 99.6% without fighting richter, can someone point out where im missing rooms?

below is the best picture i could take for my map any help is appreciated (if you could circle the area where the missing room is that would be nice :])

I think it's safe to say 100.3, I just finished the normal castle with 100.2%, so guess that means I'm missing something, even if the map looks complete.

When I look at your map it looks like you've got everything, except for that obvious unexplored part of the Normal-Inverted Castle portal room. But like I said, I'm missing a room, maybe we're missing the same one... or two.

xxbloodandthunderxx
07-29-2008, 10:22 PM
I think it's safe to say 100.3, I just finished the normal castle with 100.2%, so guess that means I'm missing something, even if the map looks complete.

When I look at your map it looks like you've got everything, except for that obvious unexplored part of the Normal-Inverted Castle portal room. But like I said, I'm missing a room, maybe we're missing the same one... or two.

yeah i got those cause i was fed up trying to find the other areas and just finally said **** it and went and fought richter and went to the inverted castle. but i printed out a map and on the far right of the regualr castle theres one black square thats boxed in and the map i printed out said it was supposed to be a save room but no matter where i try to break the wall and enter (as theres no open areas or doors) i cant get in. ideas? also now whenever i push select to change my items the screen just goes black and i cant play anymore wtf is going on??

DHsBnDtNvrWs
07-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Ok, I'm gonna correct myself. I'm actually just 100.1% with a room count of 943. They say that there are 945 rooms for each castle though, so guess that means we're both missing 2 rooms.

Ok, been reading a guide and since this is a port of the PSX version, it should still be applicable here:

When you enter the chamber where Dracula was, Richter Belmont will attack
you. Equip the Holy Glasses; you should see a green orb floating around.
Equip the Holy Sword (so if you accidentally hit Richter you won't hurt
him) and attack the green orb. Destroy it to break Richter free of Shaft's
control.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intermission Music Track: Metamorphosis 2

After the FMV and conversation between Alucard, Richter, and Maria,
you'll find yourself in the second castle. The second castle is
structurally identical to the first, except for the fact that it's upside
down. You can return to the first castle via the Library Card, or returning
to where you're standing now and pushing up.
The first castle is worth an even 100%, not counting the one little area
you get just for having been in the second castle.

Guess I'll stop looking for now and get on with finishing this and see what happens later.

xxbloodandthunderxx
07-30-2008, 05:28 AM
Ok, I'm gonna correct myself. I'm actually just 100.1% with a room count of 943. They say that there are 945 rooms for each castle though, so guess that means we're both missing 2 rooms.

Ok, been reading a guide and since this is a port of the PSX version, it should still be applicable here:

When you enter the chamber where Dracula was, Richter Belmont will attack
you. Equip the Holy Glasses; you should see a green orb floating around.
Equip the Holy Sword (so if you accidentally hit Richter you won't hurt
him) and attack the green orb. Destroy it to break Richter free of Shaft's
control.

Intermission Music Track: Metamorphosis 2

After the FMV and conversation between Alucard, Richter, and Maria,
you'll find yourself in the second castle. The second castle is
structurally identical to the first, except for the fact that it's upside
down. You can return to the first castle via the Library Card, or returning
to where you're standing now and pushing up.
The first castle is worth an even 100%, not counting the one little area
you get just for having been in the second castle.

Guess I'll stop looking for now and get on with finishing this and see what happens later.

funny thing ive been reading that same guide lolz but when i printed out a complete map of both the normal and inverted castles theres one room that your supposed to be able to enter however i just cant figure out how to get into that little s.o.b. i uploaded a pic of the original map w/ the room in question circled in green lmk if you have any ideas. also the inventory thing fixed i guess i was playing too much lol:)

DHsBnDtNvrWs
07-30-2008, 11:07 AM
funny thing ive been reading that same guide lolz but when i printed out a complete map of both the normal and inverted castles theres one room that your supposed to be able to enter however i just cant figure out how to get into that little s.o.b. i uploaded a pic of the original map w/ the room in question circled in green lmk if you have any ideas.
From most maps I've seen, that one square's supposed to be blank. If you got to the room with the cloth cape (the room to the right of that square), that's it.

If you look at this map: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/937723/13134, and compare it to others, you'll notice that they just squeezed the room to the right of that square and the save room to the left of it together, which is why the blank square isn't there.

xxbloodandthunderxx
07-30-2008, 11:09 PM
LOL thats the map i printed out! anyway im at about 194% now without fighting shaft and dracula or going to the room where maria gives you the holy glasses in the inverted castle does that seem like a good percentage for that?

DHsBnDtNvrWs
07-31-2008, 12:26 AM
LOL thats the map i printed out! anyway im at about 194% now without fighting shaft and dracula or going to the room where maria gives you the holy glasses in the inverted castle does that seem like a good percentage for that?

Can't tell, I'm actually just leaving the console on and parked Alucard at the Entrance of the normal castle so my familiars can kill Zombies while I'm at work.

Sounds like an alright percentage to me though, but it's been a long ass time since I played the PSX version.

Anyway, if you're still missing rooms or % by the time you finish, you can check this (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56575) thread, great interactive map that uses MS Excel.