PDA

View Full Version : 1000ad strat

SteelNynjah
07-28-2008, 11:00 PM
I want to point out that I have tried every strategy known on this board and others, so I took a little from each and compiled a way to beat the game by 700bc on King.

what you first wanna do is pick Arabs, since they start out with the +1 attack. your city should have 2 food, 2 production and 2 trade, no less. go to you city screen and change your workers to custom, full production s the warrior builds in 3 turns. Once they are built, change your city to full science and save.

Now, research Horseman units(should be done in 5 turns)and send you warriors out to search for the other civs. They should only be about 6-8 turns away. Once found, reload your game and attack some barb huts. Hopefully, you get gold or better yet, horseman. Thankfully, i got 40gold and rushed my first horseman as soon as reearch was done. Save and send the horseman over to the other civ you found. Attack, if done fast enough they should have only a warrior on there,2.5 defense to your 3 attack, so your SHOULD win, but we all know how this game is(pikeman killing tanks,HOW!?)

Now that you have your second city, save. Send your horseman out to find the other civs and reload. Change that city's workers to production and trade(that city should be 3pop.)Keep attacking barb huts and whenever possible, rush a horseman. Get to the other civ as fast as possible. If done fast enough(I got to another civ in 4 turns) their defense should be only 1 warrior, same as before.

Save. Once done, you need 2 horseman armies to take the next one out, since even if that civ has no gold, they can magically rush units. They should have archers, but they stand up to your 13.5attack army. Once captured, save. You'll need 3-4 armies for the last one, I did it with 2 but just to be sure.

Now, you do not have to follow this uide exactly, since every game is differently. A few pointers though.

-You do not need any defense. If you're rushing them fast enough, they will send thier warriors back to their city of fear of you attacking them.

-Rush units whenever possible.

-Put your cities on production and gold, you don't need food.

-After taking the second city, you should recieve a Great Person. If it's a builder, that's a free horseman. If it's an explorer, that's two units to rush. Anything else isn't useful.(I didn't get anyone useful).

-If another civ is on an island, and you didn't get a galley from a barb hut, restart the game.

-After the second city, you will notice that you need to travel far to attack the others, so when possible, or IF possible, build roads.

-Remember to save ALOT

Shen2008
07-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the guide.

However, you could have just posted it under the other thread since your guide is pretty much 99% similar apart from you point of view.

shaneonoke
07-29-2008, 01:07 AM
i cant do it i have tryed like 4 times its a good thing i already have the achievement

Tieg
07-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the guide.

However, you could have just posted it under the other thread since your guide is pretty much 99% similar apart from you point of view.

I was about to post the same thing lol...it is a good summary though...but thats all there is lol.

Cravenater
07-31-2008, 11:23 PM
yea so i have my 3 attack against their 2.5 and have had to load over 20 times cus my horsemen dont win....wtf this blows

Sirfacee
11-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Great Got The Cheevo Last One For 100% Thanks to you broski as of November 6th 2011!