PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone PLEASE tell me what to research for a Cutural Win?

XxBlueSpade2xX
07-29-2008, 06:37 AM
I know that this is addressed in the very well writen guide, but I keep getting close, I start building the United Nations, and then I get the pop up that says I have 5 turns left. I don't think I am getting a good enough start on research for culture. Could someone please tell me, specifically, what they researched for a Cultural Vicory. I am going insane, if I don't get this within the week I'm going to check myself into the local asylum.

Thanks Guys!

kantizuni
07-29-2008, 06:41 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/420/s19.jpgEmbiggens the Smallest Man30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgWin a Cultural Victory on at least King difficulty.
Difficulty --- Deity
Scenario ---- Beta Centauri
Civilization ---- Greeks or any other civilization

Once the game has started:

Change your government to Monarchy to start. Defend with your 1st Modern Infantry. Barbarians will most likely attack you, which in time is good for you, as it’ll upgrade your unit making them better defenders.

Go into the city screen and immediately press http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/y.png, this will switch your city from producing science, (which you don’t need because you have all technologies), and you’ll start producing gold. Next go to customize your workers, putting some on food, some on tech, and some on gold. Then change what you are building to a temple. Once you’ve built the Temple, build the Cathedral.

At this point you should get your first Great Person, or will be close to getting them. You should settle any Great Person, unless it’s a Great Builder. In which case you should use the Great person to complete a wonder for you. Magna Carta should be the first wonder you build.

Next you should build a Courthouse, then a Market, then a Bank.

Once you have 100 gold and you earn your settler, use that settler to build a new city. In this city you should go in the same order building a Temple, Cathedral, Courthouse, Market, then a Bank. You should also immediately change from science to gold. Also remember, if you can’t settle a Great Person in your capital, move the Great Person to your second city and settle them there.

Never use a Great Person other then to settle them, unless you can use that Great Person to complete a Wonder, or if you can use that Great Person to Culture Flip a city. If you get a Great Person that you can’t settle in your first 2 cities, hold on to them and build a 3rd city or take over a city and settle them in the next city.

At this point you should build 2 more modern infantry for each city, and combine them to make an army, and you should build 1 Artillery unit that will help defend the city. Build a road between each city. Once other civilizations start bothering you, defend with the modern infantry but use your Artillery to fight the enemies Artillery.

Once you have those defensive units in place, you can start building wonders. Start building Wonders from the lowest amount up to the highest. If you get a Great Builder in the middle of a Wonder, hold on to them and use them to build one of the higher cost Wonders. Also in between Wonders, use your gold to build a building before you start the next Wonder. Like a Factory, Iron Mine, or some other building to help you raise your production. Make sure that you build the Manhattan Project and not another Civilization.

You’ll come to a point where eventually you’ll have to take over a city or 2. This will allow you to build more culture, and in so doing will allow you to flip cities using your culture.

***You can only flip cities if you know they are there. You could be just a few moves away, but if it's under the war fog, then you can’t flip it***

The best way to take over cities, are to mass produce Bombers, form some wings, and have them do all the attacking of cities. Then once they are sufficiently whittled down, move in some ground forces to take it over.

Once you’ve taken over a city, the first thing you want to do is build a temple, buy it, and then start building a Cathedral. Then next round you’ll buy the Cathedral and start building a Courthouse. Next round buy the Courthouse and what you build after that is up to you, though Harbors, Granaries, and Aqueducts are a good way to go, (Because the bigger your city, the more culture you earn) By doing this you are increasing your Culture and chances are you’ll start converting cities over with your culture. Also, don’t forget to build roads connecting every city that you’ve taken over.

Feel free to take over capitals, since palaces give you more culture…just don’t take over ALL capitals. You shouldn’t need to flip too many cities, as Wonders built and Great People settled should account for about 14+ out of the 20 needed to be able to build the United Nations.

kantizuni
07-29-2008, 06:44 AM
VERY detailed, yes. And also very simple.

Start a game of Beta Centauri, and DO NOT explore. Set your government to Monarchy to max your culture output. Set your city to produce gold instead of science. Build a temple, a cathedral, a courthouse and a bank. Then build every wonder you have access to. That's it n a nutshell.

shaneonoke
07-29-2008, 07:10 AM
what difficulty are you playing on

cooki2222
07-29-2008, 04:56 PM
i used that method for deity and king

Tieg
07-29-2008, 05:21 PM
The strategy they give works...thats what I did to get my achievement. I also used that strategy to get my domination as well as economic win. I just saved before building the wonder so that I could reload when I wanted the other win. The domination took a bit longer just because I had to refocus my objectives from economics and cultural but it was nice to have everything built and cities well established. Good Luck!!!

AlmightyZing
11-04-2010, 01:34 AM
I used a similar method and got the 200 culture in a city achievement and the cultural victory on deity before any other civilization made contact with me. Ended up with 4 cities to accommodate all of the scientists i got.

zap9889
03-22-2011, 08:18 PM
I played a regular single player game and managed to get all of the diety achievements. Be fore-warned that this method was somewhat time consuming but it also went along with the game complete by 1000 A.D. As soon as the game started before I founded my capital I saved. Then I went about exploring to find all the capitals. Once they were found, I loaded the previous save and moved my settlers one space toward the closest capital and established my capital. Then I rushed my first warroir to the closest capital. fortunately the capital was undefended so by about 3600-3400 B.C. I only had three empires left to face. then i continued to rush armies to the other capitals and would save before each attack. If the capital could not be captured in a particular turn I just moved my armies around the capital to cut off production and population growth. Eventually I ended up with one capital left by about 400-500 A.D. Once this last capital was surrounded I focused all other cities on science production and researched what was needed for the temple, cathedral and courthouse buildings and the magna carta wonder. once these were all researched I built them in each of my cities with the exception of the wonder. then I researched anything that would let me build a wonder and proceeded to build it in any city. At some point the units at the last capital needed to be reinforced so I sent defensive units around the last capital. Finally I ended up with 20 great people/wonders and built the united nations.

Most of this strategy I would attribute to the author of the achievement guide for this game, iskoot.

I hope this works for you. feel free to ask me if something is unclear to you.

Sirfacee
11-06-2011, 08:55 PM
I Just Made Every City Have Temples And Cathedrals, Converted Cities, And Got Alot OF Great People. Easy As Puh Puh Puh Pie.

Choyboi36
11-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Just used this method and got my achievement on my first try. Thanks for the advice and hopefully I'm able to get other achievements since I saved before I built the world bank.