PDA

View Full Version : For New Beginners

Aaronc281
07-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Hi, guys just ordered this game last night. I heard that it was really good and a lot of fun so I thought that I would give it a go.

I was just wondering if there are any really good tips that would help me with this game becuase I'm pretty sure I'm gonna suck at it!! Lol :):).

Mike255
07-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Have fun i guess

Dla911
07-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Tutorial :)

HoodMod
07-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Practice. But how about tips for old beginners?

laundryman
07-29-2008, 10:23 PM
The timing window is smaller than in Guitar Hero, so that will take some getting used to.

OldWIKI TIK
07-30-2008, 02:09 PM
The timing window is smaller than in Guitar Hero, so that will take some getting used to.

He does not have Guitar Hero on his games list.

Just take your time with it. It is a game that you just kind of have fun and play and skill will come with it IMO. Learning the instruments takes time especially since it looks like your first time with a music game. If you do get stuck or frustrated check out the tutorials or the official song help thread in this forum for help/advice. Enjoy the game!

Lucent Beam
07-30-2008, 04:15 PM
My biggest tip is: if you are having a hard time beating something in solo tour and get frustrated, just go online and play band quickplay for a while. It'll help you not feel frustrated, and you'll have bandmates to help you should you keep struggling. And it doubles as practice for solo tour.

RINGO
07-31-2008, 05:31 AM
also....

be sure to make certain that the audio is timed to the video on the screen...
This isn't as much of a problem for regular crt televisions but it can be a huge problem for some plasma and LCD and Rear Projection TVs

Basically... if you think you are hitting each note on time and its not working great.... go to options and recalibrate it.

but like the others have said....the tutorials will give you all the basics you need.... all you can really do is practice the songs you get stuck on in practice mode ....starting slow and getting faster.... with drums, sometimes only adding one note at a time for the until you can do them all together will help too.... eventually you'll keep on improving.

ThtPepsiNagger
07-31-2008, 05:57 AM
biggest tip... HAVE FUN WITH THIS GAME! this is the best music game out and you all should have fun playing it with friends before you get serious into achievements.

Aaronc281
08-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Thanks for all the advice. When i got the game i started using the drums because I had kinda played on my friends guitar hero so i thought that it wouldn't take that long to get used to. Anyway, the drums are quite hard and im only doing it on medium. MY FOOT HURTS FROM THAT GOD DAMN BASS PEDAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guitar is definatley a lot easier than guitar hero but the harder difficulties are still a bit challenging for me anyway. I've been playin it for a week straight and I'm still lovin it!!!

edd__
08-04-2008, 09:58 AM
For the drums, sitting properly is a huge help. Some of my mates that have played drums at mine sit horribly and hurt their feet and throw a hissy fit about it. Try and get your knee bent at just over 90 degrees, and push with your calves (i think, im terrible at muscle names). Also, you dont need to hit it as hard as you think, the pedal or the pads.
Often i find that people especially when they're struggling with a song seem to instinctively hit it all harder, as if harder hits = win. But just stay relaxed, have fun with it, and find the best method yourself for staying comfortable

Dla911
08-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks for all the advice. When i got the game i started using the drums because I had kinda played on my friends guitar hero so i thought that it wouldn't take that long to get used to. Anyway, the drums are quite hard and im only doing it on medium. MY FOOT HURTS FROM THAT GOD DAMN BASS PEDAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guitar is definatley a lot easier than guitar hero but the harder difficulties are still a bit challenging for me anyway. I've been playin it for a week straight and I'm still lovin it!!!

Try having your foot down the hole time and when the note comes lift up your foot and hit it, (what i do)

Aaronc281
08-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Try having your foot down the hole time and when the note comes lift up your foot and hit it, (what i do)

Thanks for that advice it has been helping me so far.

Another quick question...

What golden instruments can u get? I hav the golden guitar and I was wondering if there are golden drums, mic and bass cause that wud b sooooo cool!!! :woop::woop:

Poisonheadcrab
08-04-2008, 05:46 PM
The drums may be a struggle, but remember that if you manage to get to expert on Drums, someone can slap a REAL kit in front of you and you can play something.

Trust me, guitar is far away from the real thing...and some people just aren't born naturally able to sing well D:

Dla911
08-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Thanks for that advice it has been helping me so far.

Another quick question...

What golden instruments can u get? I hav the golden guitar and I was wondering if there are golden drums, mic and bass cause that wud b sooooo cool!!! :woop::woop:

Golden as in Icons?

If that is the case its done in Band world tour (white is medium, Gold is Hard, Platium is Expert) there is a achievement for it as well

edd__
08-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Oh yeah, keeping your foot down, but i presumed that was as a given.

Yes, you do get gold instruments for all three; guitar, drums and mic. You get gold for completing the Solo Tour with that instrument, silver for doing all the Bonus songs, and a clear for doing the Hall of Fame induction in BWT.

Aaronc281
08-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Oh yeah, keeping your foot down, but i presumed that was as a given.

Yes, you do get gold instruments for all three; guitar, drums and mic. You get gold for completing the Solo Tour with that instrument, silver for doing all the Bonus songs, and a clear for doing the Hall of Fame induction in BWT.

Thanks for the info on the golden instruments. I'm pretty close to gettin the golden drums.:woop::woop:

INSANEKID13
08-05-2008, 08:39 PM
just relax and have fun if you start getting frustrated just TAKE A BREAK but all in all just practice you will get it soon enough

Blue Radium
08-06-2008, 12:17 PM
We all started somewhere, but I suggest starting slow and working your way up. Starting on hard/expert will just piss you off making you not want to play anymore. I remember me and a buddy playing Rock Band both as guitars, and he had the idea of us playing on lefty mode. It really reminded me of what it felt like to start playing. It feels forced, choppy, and difficult. Give it time, and it will feel completely natural, trust me. The feeling of not knowing which finger is on which button will pass, give it time. Oh, and don't wait for way too long to up your difficulty. You are also going to have to learn to play every normal note with with more than one finger, and every type of note (red+blue, for example) with multiple combinations of fingers. At first you will always fall back to the original way you learned the note type. But for a lot of Expert and the harder Hard songs, the notes are going too fast, and you need different fingers for things that you didn't need them for in easy and medium. Practice makes perfect, have a great time, and welcome to the crack-like addiction that is the music simulation genre =)