PDA

View Full Version : Civilization Revolution Code Redemption...WHEN???

Tieg
07-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Anyone have an idea when the codes are going to be good to redeem? The website says to come back later this month...but with 2 more days left in this month...doesn't leave a lot of time to go with. For those who are wondering wtf I'm talking about:

http://www.2kgames.com/civredeem/

and for the full gamut of info:

Civilization Revolution's Gift with Purchase Items for the USA and Canada

Weeks back, I announced that we would have gifts with purchase for customers in the USA and Canada, as a thank you for the fact that Civilization Revolution was delayed a couple weeks. Now, I present to you the rundown on all those gifts. You'll be able to find out where to get each gift, what the gift is, and what you can do with it, if it's downloadable content.
These are while supplies last, but you donít need a preorder to get them. Please note that the downloadable content offers are scheduled for release later this month, though the cards are packed in. You will go to www.2kgames.com/civredeem (http://www.2kgames.com/civredeem) to redeem this stuff.

I've also written up an FAQ at the end for any questions you might still have. And if there is something else you'd like to know that isn't answered here, hop on over to the official 2K Forum thread on the topic (http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19000) for an answer.

GAMESTOP/EB:
Xbox 360 and PS3: Pack-in card redeemable online for a Voucher or Token code for Wonder & Artifact Pack: The Mythic. Included are: Ancient Wonder: Lighthouse of Alexandria, Medieval Wonder: Leaning Tower of Pisa, Industrial Wonder: Scotland Yard, Modern Wonder: SETI, Artifact 1: Camelot, Artifact 2: Tower of Babel

TARGET:
Xbox 360: Pack-in card redeemable online for a Token code for Wonder & Artifact Pack: The Eternal. Includes the following Wonders and Artifacts: Ancient - Trajan's Column, Medieval - University of Sankore, Industrial - Eiffel Tower, Modern - Cristo Redentor, Artifact 1 - Pharoah's Needle, Artifact 2 - Tesla's "Peace" Ray

BEST BUY:
Xbox 360 and PS3: Pack-in card redeemable online for a Voucher or Token code for Wonder & Artifact Pack: The Iconic. Includes the following Wonders and Artifacts: Ancient - Coliseum, Medieval - Taj Mahal, Industrial - Statue of Liberty, Modern - Sydney Opera House, Artifact 1 - Terracotta Army, Artifact 2 -Sphinx

CIRCUIT CITY :
All platforms: Aiden Hughes Lincoln poster, 16x20, folded (check out the art here (http://www.civilizationrevolution.com/community/aidan/abe.jpg).)

WHAT IS THIS STUFF?
Want to know exactly what each wonder or artifact does, so that you can get the DLC you are most interested in? Here's a run down of every item's purpose!
WONDERS
Lighthouse of Alexandria - your Galleys will be able to sail into open water
Colosseum - your units will upgrade faster
Trajan's Column - your Legion units all receive +1 attack
Leaning Tower of Pisa - you receive a larger cut of the profits when enemy Caravans arrive in your cities
Taj Mahal - all building produce +1 culture
University of Sankore - desert regions provide +1 trade
Scotland Yard - your great people cannot be kidnapped by enemy spies
Statue of Liberty - all cities in your civilization immediately receive two free population
Eiffel Tower - all buildings provide +1 science
SETI - your spaceship will travel faster
Sydney Opera House - settled Great Artists double the culture production of their resident city
Cristo Redentor - Cathedral buildings will prevent your cities from flipping

RELICS
Court of Camelot - all your Horsemen units will immediately be upgraded to Knights
Tower of Babel - you will instantly be put in contact with all the nations of the world
Terracotta Army - all your soldiers receive the Scout upgrade
The Sphinx - you can immediately choose to switch to any government type
The Pharaoh's Needle - you instantly receive knowledge of an advanced technology
Tesla's "Peace" Ray - all wars immediately end
</STRONG>FAQ
Q: How do I know if the DLC offer is packed in?
A: There will be a sticker on the front of the package calling out the DLC offer.

Q: How do I get the poster at Circuit City?
A: Supplies of the poster are very limited. Please see the store manager if you do not receive the poster upon receipt of the game to ensure all posters were distributed. The posters are not packed in. The gift with purchase for the poster is available for all three platforms.

Q: When will the DLC content be available for download?
A: The DLC content is planned for release later this month (July). Please keep an eye on this website and www.2kgames.com/civredeem (http://www.2kgames.com/civredeem)

Q: If I don't get the content at these retailers, will I be able to get it somewhere else?
A: Yes, all DLC content will be available for purchase on PlayStation Store and Xbox Live Marketplace in early fall.

steelefan15
07-29-2008, 11:16 PM
i've been thinkin' the exact same thing. and i didn't know i would have to wait till fall for the rest of the DLC. they should release it all now and the people who got free stuff can get it and buy the rest.

ColossalKiller7
07-29-2008, 11:45 PM
I just made a thread on this a couple days ago but I didn't get any feedback. It just says later this month so be patient, it will probably come out before August.

A Satyr
07-29-2008, 11:47 PM
What is this new DLC?

steelefan15
07-30-2008, 12:31 AM
What is this new DLC?

are you kidding me? there is a link and a whole description in the first post. no offense, but pay attention.

A Satyr
07-30-2008, 05:24 AM
are you kidding me? there is a link and a whole description in the first post. no offense, but pay attention.
I prefer not reading the great wall of china thank you very much...

Tieg
07-30-2008, 05:58 PM
I prefer not reading the great wall of china thank you very much...

Well then come over and grab a beer and I'll verbally tell you all about it lol...how else you going to figure it out. Man....some people need to be :uzi:

Tieg
07-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Well then come over and grab a beer and I'll verbally tell you all about it lol...how else you going to figure it out. Man....some people need to be :uzi:

I felt bad reading my response and thought it might be considered unsympathetic, not very compassionate, and overly offensive so before the bashing starts in I would like to offer my sincerest apology and take all of my compassion that I have saved up for the past year and use it today.

What is the new DLC???

Xbox 360 and PS3: Pack-in card redeemable online for a Voucher or Token code for Wonder & Artifact Pack: The Mythic. Included are: Ancient Wonder: Lighthouse of Alexandria, Medieval Wonder: Leaning Tower of Pisa, Industrial Wonder: Scotland Yard, Modern Wonder: SETI, Artifact 1: Camelot, Artifact 2: Tower of Babel

TARGET:
Xbox 360: Pack-in card redeemable online for a Token code for Wonder & Artifact Pack: The Eternal. Includes the following Wonders and Artifacts: Ancient - Trajan's Column, Medieval - University of Sankore, Industrial - Eiffel Tower, Modern - Cristo Redentor, Artifact 1 - Pharoah's Needle, Artifact 2 - Tesla's "Peace" Ray

BEST BUY:
Xbox 360 and PS3: Pack-in card redeemable online for a Voucher or Token code for Wonder & Artifact Pack: The Iconic. Includes the following Wonders and Artifacts: Ancient - Coliseum, Medieval - Taj Mahal, Industrial - Statue of Liberty, Modern - Sydney Opera House, Artifact 1 - Terracotta Army, Artifact 2 -Sphinx

What does it do??? Well I would answer that but my little brick wall I just built might turn into the Great Wall of China and we wouldn't want that apparently so if your vaguely curious then go back up to the original post...the one labeled the Great Wall of China...a truly wonderful wonder, take the vacation time you need to travel it, and figure it out yourself.

Take care and have a wonderful day. :woop:

PS - You may detect a slight sense of sarcasm, as unintentional as it is, in this post. If that is the case lets be friends. Read my signature for FRIENDSHIP before you shake my hand though.;)

A Satyr
07-31-2008, 12:21 AM
Im a big boy now, if your post was supposed to offend me like you felt the need to apologize for i didn't sense it, so no need to. :drunk

Tieg
07-31-2008, 03:23 AM
Im a big boy now, if your post was supposed to offend me like you felt the need to apologize for i didn't sense it, so no need to. :drunk

Me apologize??? Hell I was just trying to get a rise out of you lol....We really need to get a beer together lol...not a gay thing either....:drunk:drunk:drunk

Missis Beki
07-31-2008, 03:49 AM
Wow as if you got stuff for not getting the game early
That kinda sucks though cos in the UK we always get games late and we never get anything for it but hey good on you guys i guess

ColossalKiller7
08-06-2008, 02:21 AM
And still its not out!

Donkeythebard
08-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Its been so longi lost my Redeem code.. now i gotta buy the dlc, so i can wait forever.

IceMan 8619
08-07-2008, 05:46 AM
What is this new DLC?

Wow, could you be more lazy. The information was put before on on a silver platter, no having to search for it online or anything and you still won't read it???? Laziness is to root of all failure...

Donkeythebard
08-08-2008, 07:35 PM
WOot i found it! yay for getting off my butt and cleaning lol!