PDA

View Full Version : 200 Resources Per Turn Help

Rowan88
07-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Hi,

Im trying to get this and im following the guide but it seems I usually get to like 180+ then I end up winning a Domination battle, and I have be-friended everyone who meets me on it.

Does anyone have any tips?

Tron
07-30-2008, 12:14 PM
make sure there are Four hills (seriously)...took me a while to get this one too..

also make sure that your other cities (not the one with the hills) are pushing settlers into the city and joining it. you need to have the population there really high.

Shen2008
07-30-2008, 12:21 PM
make sure you change government to Communism

Rowan88
07-30-2008, 12:25 PM
When it means 4 hills, how many squares should show the little hammer icon?

d3vilsnight
07-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Settle around many hills/mountains.
Build Workshop & Factory.
Get City high as possible (Level 31).
Switch to Communism.
If you still aren't at 200 but are close, then set workers to Custom, and change any food or trade squares to work in the city if it will give you 1 hammer.
Also that remember the changes might not be recognized until next turn. Just get it 200 or above, then end your turn, it will unlock next turn.

Also you say that you might not reach 200 because you "end up winning a domination battle." ... You can't accidentally win a Domination victory. You are winning because you are sending your units to attack enemy cities. Simply don't do that. Wipe out every city on the map except for one capital if you want some breathing room, but then keep the pressure on that one remaining enemy capital city, fortify on all their resources, kill anything they send out, etc. Then you will have the freedom to build your cities as you wish, and grow without fear of being attacked.

Tieg
07-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Settle around many hills/mountains.
Build Workshop & Factory.
Get City high as possible (Level 31).
Switch to Communism.
If you still aren't at 200 but are close, then set workers to Custom, and change any food or trade squares to work in the city if it will give you 1 hammer.
Also that remember the changes might not be recognized until next turn. Just get it 200 or above, then end your turn, it will unlock next turn.

Also you say that you might not reach 200 because you "end up winning a domination battle." ... You can't accidentally win a Domination victory. You are winning because you are sending your units to attack enemy cities. Simply don't do that. Wipe out every city on the map except for one capital if you want some breathing room, but then keep the pressure on that one remaining enemy capital city, fortify on all their resources, kill anything they send out, etc. Then you will have the freedom to build your cities as you wish, and grow without fear of being attacked.

I did what he did and with the last capital just laid siege to it. I had him surrounded with armies that were dug in forcing him to just attack me which usually failed...especially if you have a lot of archer armies defending the rest. Good luck and be persistant and patient...you'll get it.

gelflinggenocid
07-31-2008, 05:08 PM
The problem is the city isn't populated enough. When you have a city set up with 3 or 4 mountains, first set the city to grow rapidly (the apple) and make settlers in the surrounding cities to join the city your trying to get the acheivement in. With this strategy it goes real quick. Just remember once you get a few waves of settlers in to switch the city back over to production.

Opopanax
08-03-2008, 03:56 PM

I think he means the game ends and he gets a dom victory, not the traditional way.

JonLacksAnH
08-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Beta Centauri - start with all technologies
Chieftain - should be able to just focus on the achievement since only the weakling barbarians are attacking you
Americans - triple production from factories
Communism - +50% production
Lots of surrounding mountains/forest - Mountains preferred for the huge bonus from the iron mine
Factory
Iron Mine
If there are any nearby hills, workshop.

Get your population up. If there aren't any nearby food squares, send settlers over from other cities.

Customize workers - if there are any squares without hammers, remove them and you'll get extra production for having people working in the city.

Make sure that, if there are any other cities nearby, they're not eating up any production squares. Customize whatever nearby cities to avoid this.

If that's still not enough (I can't imagine how), researching future technology gets you additional food/production/trade... don't remember what the order is, but it cycles among the three.

kodiack
08-04-2008, 08:03 PM
I did this one on King and with only one mountain but what helped a lot were the settlers

say4ct
08-10-2008, 07:26 PM
what i found useful was playing the beta centauri scenario and working on defence to protect. once your defended build everything that would help you make your resources bigger and then settle settlers in your city and after a couple turns of letting them settle then you will get your achievment

ColossalKiller7
08-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Like most other people said:
Beta Centauri
Americans
A city near 4 mountains
Factories, Iron Mines
Funnel Settlers into this city till it gets to 25-31
Switch to Communism
Achievement Unlocked.

BigDirty
08-29-2008, 05:21 PM
You have to be Americans.
Communism.
Near some mountains.

You will get it easily.

Frijolie
10-17-2008, 05:27 PM
The Beta Centauri, Americans, Communism works best! I've tried a all other methods and they weren't as good. I got it on my first try of this method. I do have to say, however, that some of it's luck. I was having a hard time finding mountain ranges with at least 4 peaks. That may have also had something to do with it.

CanuckLefty
09-05-2010, 02:33 AM
YouTube- Mr Anderson - Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

The Beta Centauri was the missing ingredient in my never-ending struggle. Beautiful.