PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With "Hero On The Battlefied" ?

ZekeThaPlumber
07-31-2008, 03:37 AM
in the achievement guide it says get a perfect on every match and u will get over 450,000 points. well when i got to the apprentice (7th stage) i had 380,089 & it took me almost half n hour trying to get 2 perfects off him. finally i said F it, and got one perfect than won the 2nd. when i came to the 8th stage i had around 421,000 points so i figured if i got one perfect off of the 8th stage dude and won the other i would get it. AND I DID. i ended up with around 460,000. hope this helps.

Toasty411
07-31-2008, 03:41 AM
I dont get it.

baddawg12
07-31-2008, 03:46 AM
In other words, you still need perfects on the majority of the matches.

ZekeThaPlumber
07-31-2008, 03:46 AM
yes i got all perfects up to the apprentice and 8th stage dude. in those matches i got one perfect each

Hot Juicy Pie
07-31-2008, 03:47 AM
Or just spam high point attacks and combos...

Lewi
07-31-2008, 08:57 AM
howd you get continuous perfects???

does losing not reduce points?

ZekeThaPlumber
07-31-2008, 05:19 PM
ya if u dont get a perfect u can throw the match and it wont affect your points

XenoAce
08-01-2008, 06:11 AM
Contrary to the popular belief, you don't need to get lots of perfects to get this achievement. I got it with maybe 4-5 perfect rounds. The thing is, you don't have to lose a round in order for this to work.

I took Astaroth and basically just spammed his A+X grab and I sometimes used his forward + B+Y attack. You can get lots of perfect or near perfect that way since the the CPU will rarely grab break. Even if it does, you still have time to do a quick attack and reattempt to grab him. I was able to get perfect on one round of The Apprentice this way.

Doing this will give you the 125k points for not losing a round which will surely boost your score.

It may take a few tries, but I'd rather do this than reset everytime I get hit in a round I want a perfect.

Hope this helps.

Hot Juicy Pie
08-01-2008, 06:51 AM
I got it without a single perfect. Just spam high point attacks. throw a round to drag each fight on to 3 rounds and get more points.

mark212
08-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Ive got to get better it seems. First time through i didnt break 200,000 then i came out with my customized character with almost 300,000......the last 4 matches hurt....a lot

Hot Juicy Pie
08-01-2008, 07:18 AM
Ive got to get better it seems. First time through i didnt break 200,000 then i came out with my customized character with almost 300,000......the last 4 matches hurt....a lot

Just a heads up, customizing a character doesn't matter in arcade.

XenoAce
08-01-2008, 07:29 AM
I like the idea of 24 rounds instead of 16... Since 8 rounds are losing rounds, I don't how many points you can get from that, but I guess it can make up for the 125k no lose bonus.

Mark212, the last rounds are pretty rough, that's why I did it the cheap way. It basically doesn't give them time to attack, because if you let them, they will combo the hell out of you (esp The Apprentice). Spam high point attacks or grabs... You may get hit, but you'll get a good score.

If you have trouble, try getting perfects for the first two rounds. If you fail, reset. It'll give you at least an extra 30k to help. Try not to lose a round (yeah, I know easier said than done) or do three round matches. You'll get it fairly quickly.

Good luck!

XeonMasta
08-01-2008, 03:20 PM
This will be like one of the last ones i even go after.

Hot Juicy Pie
08-01-2008, 06:08 PM
This will be like one of the last ones i even go after.

Haha I got it out of the way first, never doing arcade again.

agentplatypus
08-01-2008, 06:26 PM
I'll try these tips. So far my best is only 200,000. I've got to practice...

EndBoss
08-01-2008, 06:57 PM
I finaly did it, my score is something about 470000.

Use siegfried, win the first 3-4 fights with perfect from 5-8 its hard to get a perfect thats not that bad because from fight 5-8 you just have to win.

when you lose a round you have to start from the beginning.

so here is my tactic:

Siegfried: When the fight start do this (-->, -->+Y) than run to the enemy and at the moment he stays up throw him (X+A or LT) than run again and throw him again, over and over again:D.

btw.: sry for my english :)

Sms4001
08-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Contrary to the popular belief, you don't need to get lots of perfects to get this achievement. I got it with maybe 4-5 perfect rounds. The thing is, you don't have to lose a round in order for this to work.

I took Astaroth and basically just spammed his A+X grab and I sometimes used his forward + B+Y attack. You can get lots of perfect or near perfect that way since the the CPU will rarely grab break. Even if it does, you still have time to do a quick attack and reattempt to grab him. I was able to get perfect on one round of The Apprentice this way.

Doing this will give you the 125k points for not losing a round which will surely boost your score.

It may take a few tries, but I'd rather do this than reset everytime I get hit in a round I want a perfect.

Hope this helps.

holy crap dude this worked perfectly! Just completed it with over 500,000 using this method! thank you so much.. had a big scare on the apprentice though.. that guy is so freaking hard but i lucked out and kept my consecutive win bonus ::whew::

purg3
08-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the tips, I tried after reading through this and scored around 458k with Astaroth on my first try.

XenoAce
08-01-2008, 10:47 PM
holy crap dude this worked perfectly! Just completed it with over 500,000 using this method! thank you so much.. had a big scare on the apprentice though.. that guy is so freaking hard but i lucked out and kept my consecutive win bonus ::whew::No problem... I know my method's weak point is that you don't have to lose a match, which can be hard. I'd rather do that than perfects though :P.

Cyantre
08-02-2008, 12:38 AM
That Astaroth strategy worked perfectly!!!

KongoZ
08-02-2008, 06:05 AM
I like the idea of 24 rounds instead of 16... Since 8 rounds are losing rounds, I don't how many points you can get from that, but I guess it can make up for the 125k no lose bonus.

Mark212, the last rounds are pretty rough, that's why I did it the cheap way. It basically doesn't give them time to attack, because if you let them, they will combo the hell out of you (esp The Apprentice). Spam high point attacks or grabs... You may get hit, but you'll get a good score.

If you have trouble, try getting perfects for the first two rounds. If you fail, reset. It'll give you at least an extra 30k to help. Try not to lose a round (yeah, I know easier said than done) or do three round matches. You'll get it fairly quickly.

Good luck!
This worked PERFECTLY, scored 520,000+ with this method and it put me at Rank 199 in the leaderboards =D. Thanks xD

Kioku
08-02-2008, 06:51 AM

Hope this helps.
lol I'm an idiot! I can't get it to work. I keep getting around 430,000. Maxi won't let me get a perfect or 2. I he would then I could get it.