PDA

View Full Version : What is up with the random set-lists?

OldWIKI TIK
07-31-2008, 03:39 AM
What in the hell is up with the random setlists during BWT? I finally decided to go ahead and finish off the rest of the Big In's so I can have my 1k but seriously....... In Rio the 8 song random and I have had to play GGAHT, And Justice for All, and now Blackened!! Thank the lord I did not go to expert guitar or I would be boned for sure! Anyone else have this kind of issue? And before anyone even THINKS of telling me about search, I already know.:p

Matrarch
07-31-2008, 03:50 AM
Actually, I've noticed the same thing. My brother and I have been going through BWT on expert for a while so that he can feel more comfortable before attempting the endless setlist and we've been floored by how difficult the randomizer has been. o_O I'm really just about to delete Snow because it's the one song I absolutely have no prayer at on expert and I'd hate to do a long random list and get that as the last song!

ThtPepsiNagger
07-31-2008, 04:01 AM
i have to do it on my own... since none of the achievements for cities require you do it on expert i play guitar on expert and sing on medium. yes i did that set list and came across a few hard songs in the process. i think i got thrasher, and justice for all, and Number of the beast when i did it. just barely made it threw thrasher

OldWIKI TIK
07-31-2008, 04:38 AM
I do my band solo too. I am just glad I went to hard guitar for that one. I was taken aback by those first three songs. Nothing hard after that and even on GGAHT, I am able to help out on the last solo from the vocals end but blackened would have been hell. I will be doing another city tomorrow and if it is that hard again, I think I will scream because I am going to try and get to 30million fans!:woop: I am at 25 million now.

TooMuchCowbell
07-31-2008, 04:47 AM
I didn't really have a problem with the difficulty of the randomizer, just the repetition. First time I did BWT, every 2 song random setlist was Gimme Shelter and In Bloom. Every single time.

Poisonheadcrab
07-31-2008, 04:59 AM
I get the opposite...must be lucky or something...

RINGO
07-31-2008, 05:19 AM
This happens to me a lot as well...

I also seem to have it happen when I play online... Blackened on drums!!!....sheesh...

although I have managed to beat it on expert solo before!!!

Dla911
07-31-2008, 11:18 AM
I have found that when your playing a Random Tour of it its like 95% DLC

sharonoagain
07-31-2008, 01:13 PM
I noticed since the patch, the randomness (and the difficulty) in Randoms was increased, too. When my kids and I were going through the Big Ins (we're on our last one), we decided to try to make it a little easier on all of us.

1) My son and I went through and did all the Random setlists on Expert so we could still get the fans.
2) My daughter and I went through and did all the setlists with the songs my son whines about playing (anything not ridiculously hard ... he's a GH fan) on Hard or Medium, depending on her bravery with the drums.
3) Any sets leftover that allowed us to all play together(Medium and up) , we did.

This way, we were only left with a couple of Big Ins that she couldn't get until she finishes her Hard drum career. Removing the Random setlists was the only way we could all live together in peace without our drummer breaking down in tears. :(

edd__
07-31-2008, 05:42 PM
I haven't really come across any problems with the randoms. I just find the stuff like 10- or 18-song setlists a bit daunting.
Me and my brother are doing the BWT, and we can happily sit there for ages playing songs way in excess of 18, but just the thought of 18 all at once, and if we just can't be arsed halfway through but have to continue.. ugh.

But i'm doing a BWT just by myself, and deliberately avoided the random setlists. The only one i did i had both of the German songs to sing. und mein deutsch ist nicht gut!

xCOBRAx
08-01-2008, 09:17 AM
reading this thread makes me sad as i still have NYC and Berlin to go thru before the damn sequel comes out, i suppose i can do that 2morrow since i have no net :(

Tenacious
08-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Six cities left to finish before Rock Band 2...

Most of them are all finished except 1 gig, most are 10+ songs apiece..

OldWIKI TIK
08-01-2008, 01:27 PM
I have 9 to go. I checked the other night and between Rejavick (bad spelling) and London I have 52 songs left. In just those 2 cities alone!

Th3 Apache Dog
08-01-2008, 01:39 PM
I have 8 to do...and I'm so lazy:pI have 3 songs left in San Fran. though...yesterday I was literally...and I MEAN literally falling asleep in my chair:(I HAD to stop lol:pLuckily I can beat all the songs with ease unless they force me to sing on hard...that's why I complete the longer setlists first, so that I can sing on easy, and play Expert guitar. If I have to play hard singing, I just play expert Bass.

DevilGuy
08-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Wow, once during Band World Tour with my brother we were in both expert, and we went on like 5 song random set. First 3 were easy. 4th one was Won't Get Fooled Again. And my brother on drums kept dying. After we beat it, we were laughing and were like, lol it would suck if the next song is like Highway Star or something! Haha, then it was highway star. :(

xKNIGHT617x
08-10-2008, 05:02 AM
Actually, I've noticed the same thing. My brother and I have been going through BWT on expert for a while so that he can feel more comfortable before attempting the endless setlist and we've been floored by how difficult the randomizer has been. o_O I'm really just about to delete Snow because it's the one song I absolutely have no prayer at on expert and I'd hate to do a long random list and get that as the last song!
kind of late but yea i got a setlist with snow and perfect insanity i beat them but like shit.

animeaddict42
08-10-2008, 05:16 AM
Depresses me too because my bandmate is in another state and I won't be seeing him before the sequel comes out... so much for that goal :(.